JJ,Levein, Burleys Signings V Vlads.

Munch

Wondered your thoughts on the signings made by the 3 previous decent managers we have had verses Vlads, i include Rix signings in with vlads .

JJ. Colin Cameron, Neil McAnn, Anti Neimi, Steven Pressely, David Weir, Stefano Salvatori, Steve Fulton. Jim Hamilton, Hose Kitongo.

Levein. Andy Webster, Mark Devries, Ricardo Fuller, Alan Maybury,Jean Louis Valueur. Paul Hartley.

Burley. Rudi Skatchel, Roman Bednar, Julian Brellier, Michael Pospisil,

Vlad. Kurkis, Bomb Scare Jose, Sami Camisola, Beslija ( he was a really good one not) Makella, Jankouskis, and a host of other Lithos.

To be fair to him the only good ones i can think off that he has signed are.

Kinston, Velicka, and Chesney.

Please elaborate on all other players that all have signed and comment.

id give JJ. AN 8 OUT OF TEN, Levein 8 OUT OF TEN, Burley 10 OUT OF TEN,and Vlad 2 Out of 10 on signings.

also names of DUDS Signed by all managers i have missed .

Wondered your thoughts on the signings made by the 3 previous decent managers we have had verses Vlads, i include Rix signings in with vlads .

JJ. Colin Cameron, Neil McAnn, Anti Neimi, Steven Pressely, David Weir, Stefano Salvatori, Steve Fulton. Jim Hamilton, Hose Kitongo.

Levein. Andy Webster, Mark Devries, Ricardo Fuller, Alan Maybury,Jean Louis Valueur. Paul Hartley.

Vlad. Kurkis, Bomb Scare Jose, Sami Camisola, Beslija ( he was a really good one not) Makella, Jankouskis, and a host of other Lithos.

id give JJ. AN 8 OUT OF TEN, Levein 8 OUT OF TEN, Burley 10 OUT OF TEN,and Vlad 2 Out of 10 on signings.

You also forgot to mension Takis and Bruno as Vlad's signings.

If you are going to make comparisons you really do have to mention the duds.

Please god tell me you're under the age of 13.

ToadKiller Dog

Larry,Takis and Janny i would say were the most talented of your list .I think those 3 could hold there own in any league in the world.Bednar might just do it as well if he can be bothered

Hose kitongo is he not a rugby player from tonga?

To be fair Jefferies did also buy Gordan Petric and Robert Tomachek. But I always thought he was at his best when he didn't have any money to spend, and he brought in players like Rousset McCann and Jim Hamilton for free or almost free.

Levein also had his moments but overall i though the key to his success at Hearts (and by that i mean maintaining Eurpoean qualification on a budget) was his organisational skills, now bearing fruit at Dundee Utd.

No doubt both have put Vlad and his staff to shame. Vlad has brought in some good players (Fyssas was another one) but overall the transfer dealings have been abysmal and have resulted in us going from title pretenders to relegation candidates in just over 2 seasons.

If we throw in SOME of the Huddies to the argument....

JJ - Lequerq, Jenksinson, Petric, Eskilson.

Levein - Boyack, A.McCann, Twaddle

Burley - Didnt really have time to buy manu huddies

Vlad/Rix - Numerous, including Petras, Stacany, Hackett, etc etc etc.

gorgie rd eh11
To be fair Jefferies did also buy Gordan Petric and Robert Tomachek. But I always thought he was at his best when he didn't have any money to spend, and he brought in players like Rousset McCann and Jim Hamilton for free or almost free.

Levein also had his moments but overall i though the key to his success at Hearts (and by that i mean maintaining Eurpoean qualification on a budget) was his organisational skills, now bearing fruit at Dundee Utd.

No doubt both have put Vlad and his staff to shame. Vlad has brought in some good players (Fyssas was another one) but overall the transfer dealings have been abysmal and have resulted in us going from title pretenders to relegation candidates in just over 2 seasons.

We're not relegation candidates. I've only heard one person before you say that and that was a wee baldy joke guy on the radio. Chuck something, but anyway lets hope we get back to being title pretenders again.

jean louis valuer nearly spat the vino all over the monitor...

have an image of chav french man playing on the wing in a hideus tracksuit;)

Are you a real Hearts Fan you cannae even spell the names properly lol!

The one you spell Neil McAnn says it all hahaha!

Perhaps not an entirely representative sample of players bought. I've done a quick trawl of London Hearts for Jefferies signings. Harder to pick out the gems when you have the full list:-

Alan Lawrence, David Winnie, Steve Fulton, Neil Pointon, Gilles Rousset, Pasquale Bruno,

Hans Eskilsson, Paul Smith, Colin Cameron, Jeremy Goss, David Weir, Darren Beckford, Neil McCann, Stefano Salvatori, Andy Thorn, Stephane Paille, Jim Hamilton, Roddy McKenzie, Stephane Adam, Thomas Flogel, Jose, Quitongo, Lee Makel, Rab McKinnon, Stephen Pressley, Vincent Guerin, Juanjo, Gary McSwegan, Leigh Jenkinson, Derek Lilley, Andy Kirk, Mohammed Berthe, Darren Jackson, Kevin James, Gary Wales, Fabien Leclercq, Gordan Petric, Annti Niemi, Fitzroy Simpson, Robert Tomaschek, Gordon Durie.

Might go and do Levien, Burley and Romanov, although determining which were his signings is kind of hard.

Craig Gordons Gloves
Perhaps not an entirely representative sample of players bought. I've done a quick trawl of London Hearts for Jefferies signings. Harder to pick out the gems when you have the full list:-

Alan Lawrence, David Winnie, Steve Fulton, Neil Pointon, Gilles Rousset, Pasquale Bruno,Hans Eskilsson, Paul Smith, Colin Cameron, Jeremy Goss, David Weir, Darren Beckford, Neil McCann, Stefano Salvatori, Andy Thorn, Stephane Paille, Jim Hamilton, Roddy McKenzie, Stephane Adam, Thomas Flogel, Jose, Quitongo, Lee Makel, Rab McKinnon, Stephen Pressley, Vincent Guerin, Juanjo, Gary McSwegan, Leigh Jenkinson, Derek Lilley, Andy Kirk, Mohammed Berthe, Darren Jackson, Kevin James, Gary Wales, Fabien Leclercq, Gordan Petric, Annti Niemi, Fitzroy Simpson, Robert Tomaschek, Gordon Durie.

Might go and do Levien, Burley and Romanov, although determining which were his signings is kind of hard.

purely based on my opinions - but the bold are the ones i think he hit paydirt on. The Andy Thorn signing was the best stopgap signing in the world ever and the rest range from average to downright pesh!

Skippy Doodle

Alan Lawrence, David Winnie, Steve Fulton, Neil Pointon, Gilles Rousset, Pasquale Bruno,

Hans Eskilsson, Paul Smith, Colin Cameron, Jeremy Goss, David Weir, Darren Beckford, Neil McCann, Stefano Salvatori, Andy Thorn, Stephane Paille, Jim Hamilton, Roddy McKenzie, Stephane Adam, Thomas Flogel, Jose, Quitongo, Lee Makel, Rab McKinnon, Stephen Pressley, Vincent Guerin, Juanjo, Gary McSwegan, Leigh Jenkinson, Derek Lilley, Andy Kirk, Mohammed Berthe, Darren Jackson, Kevin James, Gary Wales, Fabien Leclercq, Gordan Petric, Annti Niemi, Fitzroy Simpson, Robert Tomaschek, Gordon Durie.

Id say all the highlighted players did the job they were brought in to do

I?m suspecting you may be dyslexic. If so I?m sure the posters above mean no offence.

You have however been rather selective in the signings you list as Saint Jambo?s post shows. Signings are the great gamble of football, and Vlad is pretty hit and miss at it TBH...I think there are indications that he has not chosen players to suit the SPL but then should players not be able to adapt their game to suit? A lot of "big names" at the OF have failed to do so over the years so I guess that brings us back to the conclusion that signing players is an art not a science.

HMFCjamieHMFC

the ones in bold were good signings and beslija was a criple and he wasn't that bad people just expected alot more

john brownlee

so who payed for them

Just so people can compare properly.

Jim Jefferies:-

Alan Lawrence, David Winnie, Steve Fulton, Neil Pointon, Gilles Rousset, Pasquale Bruno, Hans Eskilsson, Paul Smith, Colin Cameron, Jeremy Goss, David Weir, Darren Beckford, Neil McCann, Stefano Salvatori, Andy Thorn, Stephane Paille, Jim Hamilton, Roddy McKenzie, Stephane Adam, Thomas Flogel, Jose, Quitongo, Lee Makel, Rab McKinnon, Stephen Pressley, Vincent Guerin, Juanjo, Gary McSwegan, Leigh Jenkinson, Derek Lilley, Andy Kirk, Mohammed Berthe, Darren Jackson, Kevin James, Gary Wales, Fabien Leclercq, Gordan Petric, Annti Niemi, Fitzroy Simpson, Robert Tomaschek, Gordon Durie.

Craig Levein:-

Steven Boyak, Kieran McAnespie, Austin McCann, Kevin McKenna, Andy Webster, Stephane Mahe, Alan Maybury, Ricardo Fuller, Tomi Gronlund, Andy Tod, Mark de Vries, Jean-Louis Valois, Phil Stamp, Neil MacFarlane, Wilfred Oueifio, Tepi Moilanen, Paul Hartley, Dennis Wyness, Patrick Kisnorbo, Ramon Pereira, Michael Stewart, Jamie McAllister

John Robertson - The only two I think you could say were almost certainly his are:-

Lee Miller, Mark Burchill

George Burley - again those I think are considered certainly his, Fyssas I think was probably Vlad:-

Roman Bednar, Rudi Skacel, Julien Brellier, Michal Pospisil, Steve Banks

Graeme Rix - as above, Beslija was rumoured to be his:-

Lee Johnson, Chris Hackett

Valdimir Romanov:-

Saulius Mikoliunas, Hjalmar Thorarinsson, Marius Kizys, Deividas Cesnauskis, Edgaras Jankauskas, Takis Fyssas, Samuel Camazzola, Nerijus Barasa, Misrad Beslija, Jose Goncalves, Juho Makela, Martin Petras, Ludek Straceny, Bruno Aguiar, Ibrahim Tall, Hristos Karipidis, Mauricio Pinilla, Tiago Cosat, Marius Zaliukas, Andrius Velicka, Kestutis Ivaskevicius, Eggeret Jonsson, Laryea Kingston, Arkadiusz Klimek, Tomas Kancelskis, Linas Pilibaitis, Ricardas Beniusis, Audrius Ksanavicius, Puben Palazuelos, Christian Nade, Anthony Basso, Eduardas Kurskis, Fernando Screpis.

so who payed for them

So we give pieman credit for the others? He paid for them after all.

edit: Should be "paid". i forgot the bunny ears.

HMFCjamieHMFC

Alan Lawrence, David Winnie, Steve Fulton, Neil Pointon, Gilles Rousset, Pasquale Bruno, Hans Eskilsson, Paul Smith, Colin Cameron, Jeremy Goss, David Weir, Darren Beckford, Neil McCann, Stefano Salvatori, Andy Thorn, Stephane Paille, Jim Hamilton, Roddy McKenzie, Stephane Adam, Thomas Flogel, Jose, Quitongo, Lee Makel, Rab McKinnon, Stephen Pressley, Vincent Guerin, Juanjo, Gary McSwegan, Leigh Jenkinson, Derek Lilley, Andy Kirk, Mohammed Berthe, Darren Jackson, Kevin James, Gary Wales, Fabien Leclercq, Gordan Petric, Annti Niemi, Fitzroy Simpson, Robert Tomaschek, Gordon Durie.

Steven Boyak, Kieran McAnespie, Austin McCann, Kevin McKenna, Andy Webster, Stephane Mahe, Alan Maybury, Ricardo Fuller, Tomi Gronlund, Andy Tod, Mark de Vries, Jean-Louis Valois, Phil Stamp, Neil MacFarlane, Wilfred Oueifio, Tepi Moilanen, Paul Hartley, Dennis Wyness, Patrick Kisnorbo, Ramon Pereira, Michael Stewart, Jamie McAllister

John Robertson - The only two I think you could say were almost certainly his are:-

George Burley - again those I think are considered certainly his, Fyssas I think was probably Vlad:-

Saulius Mikoliunas, Hjalmar Thorarinsson, Marius Kizys, Deividas Cesnauskis, Edgaras Jankauskas, Takis Fyssas, Samuel Camazzola, Nerijus Barasa, Misrad Beslija, Jose Goncalves, Juho Makela, Martin Petras, Ludek Straceny, Bruno Aguiar, Ibrahim Tall, Hristos Karipidis, Mauricio Pinilla, Tiago Cosat, Marius Zaliukas, Andrius Velicka, Kestutis Ivaskevicius, Eggeret Jonsson, Laryea Kingston, Arkadiusz Klimek, Tomas Kancelskis, Linas Pilibaitis, Ricardas Beniusis, Audrius Ksanavicius, Puben Palazuelos, Christian Nade, Anthony Basso, Eduardas Kurskis, Fernando Screpis.

was Hjalmr not robertson as well

all good players imo

was Hjalmr not robertson as well

Not entirely sure. He was brought when Robertson was in charge, but given that Vlad was clearly shipping players in during this period and has his 'world wide scouting network' I feel he might have been a Vlad signing. Conversley, like Beslija, Makela might have been a Rix signing. Would go some way to explaining why despite the big price tag he wasn't given a real chance. Impossible to be entirely sure who was responsible for some of the signings.

john brownlee
So we give pieman credit for the others? He paid for them after all.

edit: Should be "paid". i forgot the bunny ears.

sorry I was working on my sitoutary and got my spelling wrong

not much of a multi tasker

Castle Magyar

Some memories :);

Neil Pointon; heard his nickname was 'dissa' when he first signed, jumped the gun a bit when I tried to fathom out why; my initial logic suspected him of being an 'assid' user :)

Gilles Rousset; think it was his debut playing v's Motherwell live on Sky - 'Well threw everything at us and one of their players had a point blank header late on where the ball ended up in the smiling Rousset's arms, who turned to the camera and kind of apologised knowing he had no right to catch that!! Result was 0-0...

Pasquale Bruno; a Euro night at Tynie up against some wonder kid - just as the ref starts the match Bruno is standing in the 'right wing' position, as the whislt goes Bruno stands on wonder kids toes (out of sight to the ref) - wonder kid sub'd after around 50 minutes, Bruno subbed on 51 mins, job done - goes over to the away dugout and perhaps all in Tynie think a stramash is about to take place, instead Bruno shakes the wonder kids hand :)

Hans Eskilsson; crap, but scored a goal with the use of the big fella - set standards strikers can only improve on.

Paul Smith; was sub'd during a match early doors, fans gave him so much pelters I almost felt sorry for him

Colin Cameron; after a few games I was calling him Brian Robson of the north; how right this turned out to be.

Jeremy Goss; great player for Norwich, wish he stayed there.

David Weir; he was slow at Hearts - how come he's still playing 20 years later ??

Neil McCann; 3 mountain bikes in 1 season; will never forget his display v's RFC in the CC Cup Final.

Andy Thorn; match v's CFC

Jim Hamilton; recall a match v's 'Well through there, we were 2 down after ~30 mins, and still confident of winning; big Jim hit the net with No.4 that day as we ran out worthy winners - had a great and often undervalued partnership with McCann.

Stephane Adam; talented, but lazy - often found hiding by 'marking' the opposition defender, Cup winner and all that, but not my favourite player in the ~4 years he was at Tynie, could have offered much more IMO.

Thomas Flogel; 'The Wallet', took him a few years to get going but was great to see him in full flow... recall a goal up at Perth v's super J's, a glorious sunny afternoon...

Jose Quitongo; 99th minute equalizer v's CFC

Gary McSwegan; sat near a guy who nearly had a seizure when McSwegan missed sitter number 72 in the same match (1st half) - if you are that chap, apologies for laughing at you but it's more fun watching others lose it than yourself :)

Darren Jackson; really disliked him when played against him at schoolboy level, this dislike level jumped a few notches when he played for Hubz, out his depth v's Brazil during France '98, but he was ok for Hearts, though was a tad older he did a job for us at that time.

Kevin James; murder

Gary Wales; was a great prospect until he got clobbered at Ibrox - never the same thereafter.

Gordan Petric; if there is any Hearts player who took more abuse that this man then I've yet to witness it (I include Paul Smith) - problem is he was so dense I dont believe he was aware of the abuse!!

Annti Niemi; legend

Robert Tomaschek; Tommyhawk was under rated IMO, great goal v's CFC !!

At this point, i'd like to defend the following players:

Robert Tomaschek: A great player whom was unlucky with injury. During his time in the first team, he performed very well. Often gets unfairly tagged beside players like Simpson and Petric.

Unlike those two, Levein also rated Tomaschek and played him before injury (and then budget) meant he left Hearts.

Steven Boyack. I think Boyack did well in his time at Hearts, we couldn't keep him due to budget restraints and having only signed him on a short term contract. In his short time with us, I think he showed that he could have easily went on to fulfil his early career potential had he stayed at Hearts.

Martin Petras. A scapegoat, plain and simple. Had the management (sic) introduced this player into the team in a normal fashion and not in unfamiliar positions then we may have seen a great player.

Nerijus Barasa. Looked like a bouncer and not a footballer and was thrust into the team during a huge anti-Lithuanian feeling. He actually played pretty well apart from giving away a (soft) penalty.

Skippy Doodle

All players in bold imo done the job they were signed to do

Can't see how to edit my own post. Just realised that I didn't include Stewart as a Romanov signature as well. Didn't show as a debut second time around.

Jim Hamilton; recall a match v's 'Well through there, we were 2 down after ~30 mins, and still confident of winning; big Jim hit the net with No.4 that day as we ran out worthy winners - had a great and often undervalued partnership with McCann.

!!

I was at that game, Hamilton scored the first as well. A header just before half time. I also remember Stevie Fulton's goal from a tight angle to make it 3-2 us and he jumped the fence to celebrate with the fans.

What a game.

Some memories :);

Neil Pointon; heard his nickname was 'dissa' when he first signed, jumped the gun a bit when I tried to fathom out why; my initial logic suspected him of being an 'assid' user :)

Gilles Rousset; think it was his debut playing v's Motherwell live on Sky - 'Well threw everything at us and one of their players had a point blank header late on where the ball ended up in the smiling Rousset's arms, who turned to the camera and kind of apologised knowing he had no right to catch that!! Result was 0-0...

Pasquale Bruno; a Euro night at Tynie up against some wonder kid - just as the ref starts the match Bruno is standing in the 'right wing' position, as the whislt goes Bruno stands on wonder kids toes (out of sight to the ref) - wonder kid sub'd after around 50 minutes, Bruno subbed on 51 mins, job done - goes over to the away dugout and perhaps all in Tynie think a stramash is about to take place, instead Bruno shakes the wonder kids hand :)

Hans Eskilsson; crap, but scored a goal with the use of the big fella - set standards strikers can only improve on.

Paul Smith; was sub'd during a match early doors, fans gave him so much pelters I almost felt sorry for him

Colin Cameron; after a few games I was calling him Brian Robson of the north; how right this turned out to be.

Jeremy Goss; great player for Norwich, wish he stayed there.

David Weir; he was slow at Hearts - how come he's still playing 20 years later ??

Neil McCann; 3 mountain bikes in 1 season; will never forget his display v's RFC in the CC Cup Final.

Andy Thorn; match v's CFC

Stephane Adam; talented, but lazy - often found hiding by 'marking' the opposition defender, Cup winner and all that, but not my favourite player in the ~4 years he was at Tynie, could have offered much more IMO.

Thomas Flogel; 'The Wallet', took him a few years to get going but was great to see him in full flow... recall a goal up at Perth v's super J's, a glorious sunny afternoon...

Jose Quitongo; 99th minute equalizer v's CFC

Gary McSwegan; sat near a guy who nearly had a seizure when McSwegan missed sitter number 72 in the same match (1st half) - if you are that chap, apologies for laughing at you but it's more fun watching others lose it than yourself :)

Darren Jackson; really disliked him when played against him at schoolboy level, this dislike level jumped a few notches when he played for Hubz, out his depth v's Brazil during France '98, but he was ok for Hearts, though was a tad older he did a job for us at that time.

Kevin James; murder

Gary Wales; was a great prospect until he got clobbered at Ibrox - never the same thereafter.

Gordan Petric; if there is any Hearts player who took more abuse that this man then I've yet to witness it (I include Paul Smith) - problem is he was so dense I dont believe he was aware of the abuse!!

Annti Niemi; legend

Robert Tomaschek; Tommyhawk was under rated IMO, great goal v's CFC !!

Bit in bold is possibly the most ridiculous thing i've seen on this forum. His movement and ability to pull defenders out of position was first class and a big reason why Colin Cameron and Neil McCann scored as many as they did.

Malcolm Tucker

Eggert wasn't a Romanov signing, nor was Hjalmar and I'm pretty sure the Bullet was a Rix signing no?

We're not relegation candidates. I've only heard one person before you say that and that was a wee baldy joke guy on the radio. Chuck something, but anyway lets hope we get back to being title pretenders again.

Good radio where you SEE he's bald!!!

I?m suspecting you may be dyslexic. If so I?m sure the posters above mean no offence.

You have however been rather selective in the signings you list as Saint Jambo?s post shows. Signings are the great gamble of football, and Vlad is pretty hit and miss at it TBH...I think there are indications that he has not chosen players to suit the SPL but then should players not be able to adapt their game to suit? A lot of "big names" at the OF have failed to do so over the years so I guess that brings us back to the conclusion that signing players is an art not a science.

I am sorry about the spelling i should have checked the thread prior to posting, i will ensure this does not happen again, looks like i made a few people laugh, so no harm done.

Castle Magyar
Bit in bold is possibly the most ridiculous thing i've seen on this forum. His movement and ability to pull defenders out of position was first class and a big reason why Colin Cameron and Neil McCann scored as many as they did.

I've read much worse :D

Don't doubt your point, don't doubt he had that ability and don't doubt Cameron & McCann would agree - but during his time here, how many top notch games did he played v's average / sub-par?

Saulius Mikoliunas, Hjalmar Thorarinsson, Marius Kizys, Deividas Cesnauskis, Edgaras Jankauskas, Takis Fyssas, Samuel Camazzola, Nerijus Barasa, Misrad Beslija, Jose Goncalves, Juho Makela, Martin Petras, Ludek Straceny, Bruno Aguiar, Ibrahim Tall, Hristos Karipidis, Mauricio Pinilla, Tiago Cosat, Marius Zaliukas, Andrius Velicka, Kestutis Ivaskevicius, Eggeret Jonsson, Laryea Kingston, Arkadiusz Klimek, Tomas Kancelskis, Linas Pilibaitis, Ricardas Beniusis, Audrius Ksanavicius, Ruben Palazuelos, Christian Nade, Anthony Basso, Eduardas Kurskis, Fernando Screpis.

Think all the highlighted players did, currently or would do a job for us. Would take quite a few of them back.

At this point, i'd like to defend the following players:

Robert Tomaschek: A great player whom was unlucky with injury. During his time in the first team, he performed very well. Often gets unfairly tagged beside players like Simpson and Petric.

Unlike those two, Levein also rated Tomaschek and played him before injury (and then budget) meant he left Hearts.

Steven Boyack. I think Boyack did well in his time at Hearts, we couldn't keep him due to budget restraints and having only signed him on a short term contract. In his short time with us, I think he showed that he could have easily went on to fulfil his early career potential had he stayed at Hearts.

Martin Petras. A scapegoat, plain and simple. Had the management (sic) introduced this player into the team in a normal fashion and not in unfamiliar positions then we may have seen a great player.

Nerijus Barasa. Looked like a bouncer and not a footballer and was thrust into the team during a huge anti-Lithuanian feeling. He actually played pretty well apart from giving away a (soft) penalty.

We had Boyack for about 3 seasons.Injured most of the time.Target for the boo boys until he started to play really well (about 10 games) and got injured.Never the same again for us or anybody else after.

Are you a real Hearts Fan you cannae even spell the names properly lol!

The one you spell Neil McAnn says it all hahaha![/QUOTE]

pot, kettle,black

if your going to take the **** don't make mistakes yourself.....

exiledinnewcastle

Two players mentioned that i think need comment:

Stephane Paille- I was at the game at Killie that he tested positive at. If those were performance enhancing drugs how bad was he before.

Kevin James - Remember the stuttgart game, what a match, big kevin played up front for much of the match. 1 of the stuttgart players were interviewed post match and could only say something like 'what was that up front, never seen a player like him before'

Two players mentioned that i think need comment:

Stephane Paille- I was at the game at Killie that he tested positive at. If those were performance enhancing drugs how bad was he before.

Kevin James - Remember the stuttgart game, what a match, big kevin played up front for much of the match. 1 of the stuttgart players were interviewed post match and could only say something like 'what was that up front, never seen a player like him before'

If you had the choice out of the three would you trust with a trasfer budget today?

Bad signings either due to waste of money or simply bad players.

Broxburn_Jambo
If we throw in SOME of the Huddies to the argument....

JJ - Lequerq, Jenksinson, Petric, Eskilson.

Levein - Boyack, A.McCann, Twaddle

Burley - Didnt really have time to buy manu huddies

Vlad/Rix - Numerous, including Petras, Stacany, Hackett, etc etc etc.

I thought Boyack was quite a decent player, always gave good delivery from the right hand side and De Vries always seemed to score more goals when Boyack played.

Got to defend Makela too. The guy has never had a chance. A run of games in the first team and we would see a quality striker I reckon.

Archived