'Corrie' Raves!

this_is_my_story

this_is_my_story

Was sorting out a few old mix tapes that I'm going to digitise, and came accross one or two from the 'raves' that used to take place at the Corstorphine youth centre... Anyone else remember them?!

First one I went to was around late 1990 I think, the place was jam-packed to the point where I'd guess it was illegal, it was totally rammed. Also remember some nutter trying to attack one of the DJ's (think it was Crosby), and having my first 'energy tablet' there. :o Happy days indeed! :)

i moved through to carrick knowe around that time late 90 early 91, was mates with a few of the lads used to go there a lot

Was sorting out a few old mix tapes that I'm going to digitise, and came accross one or two from the 'raves' that used to take place at the Corstorphine youth centre... Anyone else remember them?!

First one I went to was around late 1990 I think, the place was jam-packed to the point where I'd guess it was illegal, it was totally rammed. Also remember some nutter trying to attack one of the DJ's (think it was Crosby), and having my first 'energy tablet' there. :o Happy days indeed! :)

Christ.

It's been years since i've heard that name.

Was a bit young for the Corrie Raves but do remember the music around 92-93 before Oasis hit the scene.

The People's Chimp

IN dunfy it was either the touch disco, the culross rave or the hallbeath rave.

hilarious nights.

that was about 93-95

IN dunfy it was either the touch disco, the culross rave or the hallbeath rave.

hilarious nights.

that was about 93-95

What about Tower House?:laugh:

Maroon tinted glasses 2

OH DEAR, i remember them, i used to wear a paper suit with a big E on the back (told my mum it stood for energy). used to go there before paradox at calton studios. first time i heard "you got the love" was there.

I thought you were more Captain Jacks. :)

Never in that dump;)

Dockyard Club on a thursday in the 80's,the wummin supplied a shoehorn so you could put your baws in as well:laugh:

Never in that dump;)

Dockyard Club on a thursday in the 80's,the wummin supplied a shoehorn so you could put your baws in as well:laugh:

OOOF.

Docky Club.

No go zone.

this_is_my_story
Corrie Raves. Hahaha

Went to a couple. Quite quaint affairs, but a good laugh.

All a bit minor Kronk. ;-)

Was actually going to mention The Kronk when I noticed The_Liqidator's post about Fife clubs, I went once and it was relatively mental!

The People's Chimp
What about Tower House?:laugh:

We were more crossford disco* at touch and a chase off their patch* by the abbeyview boys.

*jim foster's football team.

OOOF.

Docky Club.

No go zone.

It was a tad mental on occasion...but I would stay out of the way being the quiet type of chap in those days:mw_rolleyes:

We were more crossford disco* at touch and a chase off their patch* by the abbeyview boys.

*jim foster's football team.

That would be us then..AVT:laugh: Did we ever catch you and steal your shoes and troosers,if not ..it wasnt you then:D

Happy days :)

If you do digitise them, would love a copy mate.

The People's Chimp
That would be us then..AVT:laugh: Did we ever catch you and steal your shoes and troosers,if not ..it wasnt you then:D

No one ever caught us. :)

Was actually going to mention The Kronk when I noticed The_Liqidator's post about Fife clubs, I went once and it was relatively mental!

Hahaha

The Kronk was rockin' :)

this_is_my_story
Happy days :)

If you do digitise them, would love a copy mate.

Will keep you posted on that one, Rab. :)

I have to say, some of the tracks do sound a bit dated, although it's all about the memories, innit! ;)

Will keep you posted on that one, Rab. :)

I have to say, some of the tracks do sound a bit dated, although it's all about the memories, innit! ;)

Cheers dude :thumb:

I suspect some of the mixing prolly isn't quite up to Carl Cox standards either, but as you say, that's not really the point :)

this_is_my_story
The Kronk was run by a lot of good lads, and spoiled by some idiot Hibs *****.

I only ever went once Walter, but I do remember hearing about one particularly unsavoury incident involving a Hibs thug - initials I.L., is this what you're talking about?

this_is_my_story
Indeed it was.

Just wondered. It's one of those things you hear about and begin to wonder if it's been exaggerated a tad, maybe a bit of an urban legend, if you know what I mean.

Were you there that night?

I wasn't luckily as I changed my mind at the last minute as my girl at the time was hacked off with never seeing me at weekends.

Fate.

Archived