Russell Brand

Toggie88

I read his autobiography, I was interested in how he had got into addiction and more relevantly out of it to become successful. He's quite interesting, genuine, naive in a way. He's very immature, like a school kid and far less sure of himself than he puts across. He is quite vulnerable I think, certainly vulnerable to addiction, he's been treated for both drug addiction and sex addiction.

I think he's reasonably funny, his series of stand up shows on C4, Ponderland, back in October, were way better than I had expected, but he does get on my nerves sometimes. He's a bit extreme and obviously I hate that women seem to throw themselves at him even though he needs a wash.

He is pretty different and brings something new to TV though, whether it's what we want, I'm not sure.

Occasionally funny, usually when making close to the bone comments.

He really needs to sort his barnet and clothes out. His look was slightly "cool" about 2 years ago for about 5 mins. He now just looks wierd. And he has bad nasal hair.

Tosser

for me he is one of the most unfunny comedians out at the moment and what the deal with the name of his book my bookey wookey WTF

When I saw the thread title there just starkly saying 'Russell Brand' I thought he was dead.

So dissapointed basically.

I used to turn over the telly when he was on as I was convinced I didn't like him but had never really listened to him. Then I heard his radio show a couple of times and discovered to my surprise he is actually a very funny guy who is clever with language.

His radio show bbc2 on Sat night is pretty good, we often hear it on way home from the footy.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Sex addict and sex obsessed "comedian"

Only knows one joke. It ain't funny.

Poor man's Kenny Everett

Sex addict and sex obsessed "comedian"

Only knows one joke. It ain't funny.

Poor man's Kenny Everett

your're old (like me),fair enough kenny everett he is not ,but he's quite funny sometimes,the younger members will think he is hilarious tho

I used to turn over the telly when he was on as I was convinced I didn't like him but had never really listened to him. Then I heard his radio show a couple of times and discovered to my surprise he is actually a very funny guy who is clever with language.

Same with me. I used to think he was a idiot, having watchn 2-3 mins of BB big mouth (a mistake in itself).

Now that I have seen him more and listened to him, he is a very likeable person with really good values.

I agree with a lot of posters - he came across as a bit of a knob at first, but once you actually begin to watch him you find out he's very funny and very intelligent. You can tell he is a genuine guy, open and up front about what he's done in the past - and not ashamed of it.

For those who don't like him, I suggest going onto his BBC 2 show. It's one of the best kicking about just now - much funnier than the likes of Chris Moyles and Scott Mills.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He used to interview clubbers or something like that on MTV years ago and he was fecking hilarious.

Don't know where his daft look came from because he used to dress normally.

Cannae really be arsed with him now though.

100% agree.

I done exactly the same and came to the same conclusion.

No!! Another numpty that nobody had heard of until.... What is he famous for? Who is he? What does he do?

I watched a DVD, did I laugh? Once in 90mins absolute guff.

the forktard neqrly blinded me, and i got a cut hand when he started a riott at late n live when it was still doen at wilkie house

he's a ****** but someone who is a bit intersting.

not my cup of tea in a comedy sewnse but i think his tales are funnnier than he is

the forktard neqrly blinded me, and i got a cut hand when he started a riott at late n live when it was still doen at wilkie house

he's a ****** but someone who is a bit intersting.

not my cup of tea in a comedy sewnse but i think his tales are funnnier than he is

Bev,

Are you drunk? :)

n.

No!! Another numpty that nobody had heard of until.... What is he famous for? Who is he? What does he do?

I watched a DVD, did I laugh? Once in 90mins absolute guff.

He's famous because he's a TV and Radio presenter.

Sex addiction is a myth.The guy is a self obsessed tool.

:)

He was a disgrace of a host doing BBLB, some of the things he got away with on that show was immature and attention seeking, I mean talking about his balls before 6pm?

The worst thing is that he gets away with stupid things he shouldnt say or do, and saying hes a sex addict?

Oh please, what a load of s***!

And being famous for doing drugs before he became a presenter, he makes me sick

:)

He was a disgrace of a host doing BBLB, some of the things he got away with on that show was immature and attention seeking, I mean talking about his balls before 6pm?

You mean Big Brother's Big Mouth, which was shown after 10pm, genius?

You mean Big Brother's Big Mouth, which was shown after 10pm, genius?

Am sure he did BBLB aswell, but if am wrong am wrong, but still whats the point in talking about his balls on a Big Brother show?

Am sure he did BBLB aswell, but if am wrong am wrong, but still whats the point in talking about his balls on a Big Brother show?

I'm betting that you enjoy the Vicar Of Dibley.

What's the point in Big Brother?

Archived