Mowbray quote on Bednar

Voice of reason

Voice of reason

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray on striker Roman Bednar:

"Roman is a typical centre forward. He is big, strong, fast and brave.

"He scores goals and he has a great humility. He has no edges to himself and he doesn't think he is better than he is, he just gets on with his game and that is a great quality for a player to have to not realise how good they are sometimes.

"We are delighted he is here and delighted that he keeps scoring goals for us. There is a deal in place to sign him at the end of the season. That will kick in and he will become our player after we pay Hearts some money."

So that answers the question about whether he is ever coming back!

He was never coming back. Would you in his position?

I rated him & still think he could have been a real player for us from what he showed at the beginning of 2006/07.

Unfortunately Hearts sapped all the good from these players with their training 'methods' & coaching. I think disillusioned is the word.

poor bit of business from Hearts. There was always a possibility of him going on a scoring run like this and English clubs are much more likely to pay big money after seeing him perform in the championship. As they rate it more highly than the SPL.

Woolfords Hearts
He was never coming back. Would you in his position?

I rated him & still think he could have been a real player for us from what he showed at the beginning of 2006/07.

Unfortunately Hearts sapped all the good from these players with their training 'methods' & coaching. I think disillusioned is the word.

It obviously "sapped" the life out of Hartley,Pressley and Brellier as they've not been quoted since they left the Hearts a year ago.

I think finished is the word.

Unfortunately the fee will only be around 500k.

Knowing the way Vlads mind works, he will probably put a sell on clause into the sale of Bednar. I certainly don`t think he will be sold for chicken feed, especially as he still has 2 yrs on his contract at Tynecastle.

It obviously "sapped" the life out of Hartley,Pressley and Brellier as they've not been quoted since they left the Hearts a year ago.

All the players above could have done something that season IMO.

The alternarives were just great!

:wacko:

Woolfords Hearts
All the players above could have done something that season IMO.

The alternarives were just great!

:wacko:

Instead of grieving over past players,support the players that wear the maroon now.

Unfortunately the fee will only be around 500k.

Aye because romanov has been really bad for getting good money for players...

The good thing about Bednar scoring bucket loads is that it might result in us getting more money than the agreed fee. Whilst a deal does seem to be in place it will require both West Brom and Bednar to agree to a deal. If bigger Premier League clubs were to take note, he might get a better offer elsewhere, in which case it would be back to the negotiating table with Hearts.

Instead of grieving over past players,support the players that wear the maroon now.

Why do the two things have to be exclusive. Can we not do both?

Its quite clear that it is nothing to do with the boys talent (he is showing that he is a quality player) it is because he is a BURLEY SIGNING and If I am not wrong is the last one that is still contracted to the club (apart from steve banks who I think that Romanov does not want to play in goals). Romanov is an idiot and probably had an agenda to get all of his signings out the club. Just a thought.

"The good thing about Bednar scoring bucket loads is that it might result in us getting more money than the agreed fee. Whilst a deal does seem to be in place it will require both West Brom and Bednar to agree to a deal. If bigger Premier League clubs were to take note, he might get a better offer elsewhere, in which case it would be back to the negotiating table with Hearts."

Very good point, we can only hope. Mowbrays quote regarding giving us "some money" doesn't inspire confidence that it'll be a good wedge from West Brom anyway!

I'm just spewing we will probably get under a million for him.

What difference does it make? We sold Craig Gordon for 9 million and nothing was reinvested in the team. I see someone on another thread telling us we were unable to sign Alan bloody Maybury until we sold someone first!!

It now seems to be universally accepted that transfers fees coming into Hearts nowadays are irrelevant as all profits/losses are swallowed up by UBIG. Whether we sold Bednar for 1milllion or 10million the impact on the team would be pretty much nil. Don't know about you but I'm looking forward to a decade of Kurskis, Miko any anyone else we can sign for free to maximise profits.

Yeh your right and we continue to set the world on fire with Vlads chosen countrymen. Given enough time Im sure Kurskis can play for a local pub team and compete.

What difference does it make? We sold Craig Gordon for 9 million and nothing was reinvested in the team. I see someone on another thread telling us we were unable to sign Alan bloody Maybury until we sold someone first!!

It now seems to be universally accepted that transfers fees coming into Hearts nowadays are irrelevant as all profits/losses are swallowed up by UBIG. Whether we sold Bednar for 1milllion or 10million the impact on the team would be pretty much nil. Don't know about you but I'm looking forward to a decade of Kurskis, Miko any anyone else we can sign for free to maximise profits.

Problem for Vlasd is you cant sell them on as no one will have them.

Archived