'The Beatles' - The White Album - 40 years on

Buffalo Bill

Johanes de Silentio
And how did it feel to be one of the beautiful people?

Buffalo Bill.

"Happy to be that way", Bungalow Bill!

I put the very same song on the next day before heading to the city chambers - happy days!

And how did it feel to be one of the beautiful people?

Buffalo Bill

You see, I wouldn't have instantly thought of that song and now I can't stop singing it in my head. Great song, not sure if it is true or not but apparently the song was meant to be about Brian Epstein with the original title of Baby Your a Rich Fag Jew.

Was the White lp not the begining of the end for The Beatles.More of Lennon,Harrison and McCartney working on their own.I think Clapton played on it as well.

My favourite Beatle lp.Never have liked Sir Paul but even he has some great songs in this.My favourite Beatle song is A Day in the Life.Strange that it comes from the most overated lp in the history of music.:D

Yep Clapton did the solo on "While my guitar ..."

Too hard to do a top ten Beatles songs.

But my all time favourite is "And your bird can sing".

Have you heard the 'Anthology 2' version when they're all stoned and giggling?

Feckin' hilarious listening.

Buffalo Bill

Too hard to do a top ten Beatles songs.

But my all time favourite is "And your bird can sing".

Great tune. Had it stretched out to a top 20 that definitely would have been in my list.

Revolver is just a fantastic album. Have always been mystified why so many Top... lists have 'Sgt Peppers...' above it.

Johanes de Silentio
You see, I wouldn't have instantly thought of that song and now I can't stop singing it in my head. Great song, not sure if it is true or not but apparently the song was meant to be about Brian Epstein with the original title of Baby Your a Rich Fag Jew.

Brilliant story about Epstein asking 'his boys' in a lift for suggestions for the title of his forthcoming book.

Epstein left the lift in tears after Lennon monotoned:

"Why don't you call it queer Jew"?

When the book eventually 'came out' under the title "A Cellarfull of Noise", the Beatles referred to it as "A Cellarfull of Boys"!

So much for those cheeky-chappie, happy-go-lucky boys-next-door!

Was the White lp not the begining of the end for The Beatles.More of Lennon,Harrison and McCartney working on their own.I think Clapton played on it as well.

My favourite Beatle lp.Never have liked Sir Paul but even he has some great songs in this.My favourite Beatle song is A Day in the Life.Strange that it comes from the most overated lp in the history of music.:D

i read that pretty much every track was a 'solo track'

Clapton did the solo on While My guitar

Archived