?100,000 of repairs not done by Murderwell!

3inaBednar

?Everyone knew the weather forecast for the week and, after the headlines last season because of the state of our pitch, we knew there was the threat of a points deduction if this happened again. It was not in our interest to have this game postponed." M McGhee

Good, hope you get 10 points taken aff ye!

?Everyone knew the weather forecast for the week and, after the headlines last season because of the state of our pitch, we knew there was the threat of a points deduction if this happened again. It was not in our interest to have this game postponed." M McGhee

Good, hope you get 10 points taken aff ye!

Well SPL, if above is true, we are waiting.:mw_rolleyes:

throw the book at murderwell,for this to happen again this season is a complete joke.

Say McGhee is correct and that they have had the undersoil heating on as required and the pitch covered what more could they have done?

Are you really suggesting we should be forcing Killie and Well to spend 100k to change their systems?

letsalllaughathobos
Say McGhee is correct and that they have had the undersoil heating on as required and the pitch covered what more could they have done?

Are you really suggesting we should be forcing Killie and Well to spend 100k to change their systems?

yes,they should have the proper system in place for this time of year.

It happens at Motherwell too often, they according to the article were warned to get it sorted or face the possibility of losing points. They failed to have it in working order, their excuses have run out, now is the time to hit them hard.

It is pathetic, i started a thread early in the week asking wether the game would be on due to their dodgy undersoil heating, you just knew there was a very good chance of this game being off, maybe understandable if we had a severe frost for 3or4 nights but it was a very mild frost.

After various warnings Motherwell failed again.

Are you suggesting fans to fork out for buses etc?

Are you really suggesting we should be forcing Killie and Well to spend 100k to change their systems?[/QUOTE]

Why ask as if its such an outrageous suggestion? It makes you appear silly.

Clubs must have systems that will effectively deal with temperatures drops, that may not be the wording but it is the 'rule'. These clubs clearly do not and must be punished, in addition to having to bring their systems up to standard.

Drylaw Hearts

As I said yesterday........

Motherwell should have a Transfer embargo placed upon them by the SFA at the request of the SPL until they have spent the money to ensure their system is full working order or replaced.

It happens at Motherwell too often, they according to the article were warned to get it sorted or face the possibility of losing points. They failed to have it in working order, their excuses have run out, now is the time to hit them hard.

It is pathetic, i started a thread early in the week asking wether the game would be on due to their dodgy undersoil heating, you just knew there was a very good chance of this game being off, maybe understandable if we had a severe frost for 3or4 nights but it was a very mild frost.

After various warnings Motherwell failed again.

Are you suggesting fans to fork out for buses etc?

It does. To be fair to Killie, they do not have a track record for this, but they do, both for their own games, and as landlords to Gretna last season.

I can't believe that McGhee is quoted in the article as swearing on his childrens' lives. Git. His reaction to the whole thing however gives the impression that there's more than the undersoil heating to his disgruntlement with Motherwell - he sounds like he's not a happy chappy at all at the moment. Will he be around much longer?

I can't believe that McGhee is quoted in the article as swearing on his childrens' lives. Git. His reaction to the whole thing however gives the impression that there's more than the undersoil heating to his disgruntlement with Motherwell - he sounds like he's not a happy chappy at all at the moment. Will he be around much longer?

Generally speaking I have usually found that people who use that particular phrase to back up what they were saying, were usually being economical with the truth.

both motherwell and killie should be forced to play the rearranged fixtures at neutral venues,say airdre and ayr.

that would put an end to this undersoil heating debacle quick smart.

their has to be some sort of penalty or motherwell will just keep playing the daft laddie..........................:evilno:

both motherwell and killie should be forced to play the rearranged fixtures at neutral venues,say airdre and ayr.

that would put an end to this undersoil heating debacle quick smart.

their has to be some sort of penalty or motherwell will just keep playing the daft laddie..........................:evilno:

That's a reasonable idea, or perhaps a switch of the fixtures to Tynecastle and Pittodrie. Unfortunately the two clubs can only be punished as per SPL regulations and the relevant sanctions laid down by these regulations. I'm not sure what they say but imagine that fines are the only remedy.

It's not the SFA that are inconvenienced by shoddy maintenance procedures or negligence by the offending club. So why should the SFA/SPL benefit from a fine? It's the away teams and supporters that suffer the most and therefore any restitution should be made to them. Preferably in the form of a home tie at the innocent club's ground at a date convenient to them. That way the offending club lose gate receipts and any advantage they think they might have gained by postponing the match. :evilno::cat::torture::fart::mystic::buttkick:

It's not the SFA that are inconvenienced by shoddy maintenance procedures or negligence by the offending club. So why should the SFA/SPL benefit from a fine? It's the away teams and supporters that suffer the most and therefore any restitution should be made to them. Preferably in the form of a home tie at the innocent club's ground at a date convenient to them. That way the offending club lose gate receipts and any advantage they think they might have gained by postponing the match. :evilno::cat::torture::fart::mystic::buttkick:

I wholeheartedly agree DB but unless it's laid down in the regs expect the lawyers to have a field day and utter chaos to ensue. It's a difficult one to legislate for because the blame is often not black and white - was the undersoil heating insufficient, was the weather too severe etc? But what is obvious is that the rules need tightened up big time. It might be interesting to see civil court cases, perhaps class actions, instigated by fans who've forked out.

Found a smilie you've liked yet? :D

Totally agree

Aberdeen have suffered worse than Hearts I imagine ( we were at least able to cancel our Coach ...........although we now have tickets valid for a future date that perhaps 50% of our members wont be able to attend :mad: ) but I think any fines MUST be redirected to those financially disadvantaged - the fans. I would, if there is evidence of clear negligence, also go along with the suggestion that the game be swapped to the home venue of the 'away' club

That's a good idea - take away any incentive for having a match postponed. Obviously would require a rules change. And because it would be to the advantage of the OF (who can afford to run their heating systems and would stand to gain from the gate receipts), it's surprising that such a rule doesn't already exist.

On the other hand, nobody's raised the question of whether it is appropriate to have such a thing as undersoil heating when we're supposed to be reducing our carbon footprint.

When was the last time a game at tynie was off? it's been very rare over the years.

Dundee Utd v Aberdeen in the CIS last season i think?

Suspect Device

heard a suggestion on the radio yesterday, as most clubs are struggling financially, is a fine the right way to go, so...

give 1 point to the away team in the event of a late call off due to circumstances like yesterdays-as its not their fault.

when the game is replayed, the teams are playing for 2 point a win and 1 point a draw.

seems a decent suggestion, what's everyones thoughts on it ?

Right the pitch was playable at 11pm the night before and ALL the covers in place AND the heating on ( what more could they have done?) Well for a start they could have made sure the ground staff were in early enough to sort any problems. They claim it was a small area about the size of the six yard box. SO put a tent over the area and put in space heaters. There is aboslutly no excuse for this game to be off. Call it conspiracy or whatever but they did not want to play us end off story.

heard a suggestion on the radio yesterday, as most clubs are struggling financially, is a fine the right way to go, so...

give 1 point to the away team in the event of a late call off due to circumstances like yesterdays-as its not their fault.

when the game is replayed, the teams are playing for 2 point a win and 1 point a draw.

Its a stupid idea as there is 3 points for a draw.

Points deductions should be an absolute last resort, I dont think we should be doing anything more than fining either club on this occasion.

Right the pitch was playable at 11pm the night before and ALL the covers in place AND the heating on ( what more could they have done?) Well for a start they could have made sure the ground staff were in early enough to sort any problems. They claim it was a small area about the size of the six yard box. SO put a tent over the area and put in space heaters. There is aboslutly no excuse for this game to be off. Call it conspiracy or whatever but they did not want to play us end off story.

tend to agree, I havent seen an official excuse for the call off but it would appear once again Motherwell are unable (or unwilling if you want a conspiracy) to cope with the Scottish winter and to be fair its b***** baltic over here in the West ( my place hasnt thawed in a week)

Im more ****ed as I was doing the hospitality thang and had to dig out a shirt and tie( all dressed up and no-where to go)

At least I saw a team in Maroon win as we all went to Hampden to see Queens Park v Arbroath, highly amusing:laugh:

Dundee Utd v Aberdeen in the CIS last season i think?

Was that not because travelling was actually dangerous for fans? Or was the pitch water logged? Can't actually remember.

What about a postponed Hearts home game?

MacDonald Jardine

I'd love to see Craig Levein's reaction to that.

Was that not because travelling was actually dangerous for fans? Or was the pitch water logged? Can't actually remember.

What about a postponed Hearts home game?

waterlogged pitch , but in our defence it rained for about 1 week non stop

Archived