Lee Wallace to |Rangers

Guest Jaybee

Is that what you and the previous poster were hit with?

If you cant realise wallace is a quality player you must have something wrong with you

If we sold him for 350k we would look very silly very soon

Much like we will when we get 500k for bednar:rolleyes:

hey i agree with you , obviously you dont get my post....but hey it's still early and you're probably still hung over

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that what you and the previous poster were hit with?

If you cant realise wallace is a quality player you must have something wrong with you

If we sold him for 350k we would look very silly very soon

Much like we will when we get 500k for bednar:rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with me.

Takis Fyssas was a quality left back - Mercedes

Lee Wallace is ordinary left back - Daihatsu

Nothing wrong with me.

No Takis in his first season was a world class left black

In his 2nd season on he was very ordinary and didnt look any better than wallace

Wallace is an exceptional talent, fyssas was a different class and in his first season imo the best left back who has played in this country ever

Nothing wrong with me.

Lee Wallace is not a great left back, he is a far better midfielder.

brellierlegend

In his 2nd season on he was very ordinary and didnt look any better than wallace

Wallace is an exceptional talent, fyssas was a different class and in his first season imo the best left back who has played in this country ever

Are you related to Wallace? You are clearly deluded. Wallace is average AT BEST!

To say he is an exceptional talent is disgusting!

Are you related to Wallace? You are clearly deluded. Wallace is average AT BEST!

To say he is an exceptional talent is disgusting!

I don't know how it is "disgusting" to rate a football player tbh. As I have stated on this thread and ad nauseum on this forum, he is a midfielder that is being judged as a left back. Steven Pressley came to our club and spent his first bunch of games at right back where he was poor, Tall, a rated defender was poor in midfield, players out of position can help out but don't often excel.

Wallace was used by Burley (most notably at Tannadice) as a central midfielder and looked excellent. He came on against the Hibs in the middle and looked good. Get past his form as a full back.

brellierlegend
I don't know how it is "disgusting" to rate a football player tbh. As I have stated on this thread and ad nauseum on this forum, he is a midfielder that is being judged as a left back. Steven Pressley came to our club and spent his first bunch of games at right back where he was poor, Tall, a rated defender was poor in midfield, players out of position can help out but don't often excel.

Wallace was used by Burley (most notably at Tannadice) as a central midfielder and looked excellent. He came on against the Hibs in the middle and looked good. Get past his form as a full back.

Average at best in both positions. Ruben is about 100 times better than him in the central area.

Nothing wrong with rating a player but to say Lee Wallace is an "exceptional talent" is a disgrace.

Average at best in both positions. Ruben is about 100 times better than him in the central area.

Nothing wrong with rating a player but to say Lee Wallace is an "exceptional talent" is a disgrace.

"disgusting" and a "disgrace"? I think Wallace is an exceptional talent and if played in the correct position will prove as such. It seems that Prancer being Prancer makes certain posters think that you can have a go at all of his posts.

As for the Ruben comparison, they are different players. If Wallace were to play in that role, he would be a passing midfielder moving forward, the comparison does not match up. For example, given the lack of form from Stewart, I would be interested to see how Palazuelos and Wallace would play together in central midfield. My real concern would be that the defensive midfielder may not have the physicality required.

brellierlegend
"disgusting" and a "disgrace"? I think Wallace is an exceptional talent and if played in the correct position will prove as such. It seems that Prancer being Prancer makes certain posters think that you can have a go at all of his posts.

As for the Ruben comparison, they are different players. If Wallace were to play in that role, he would be a passing midfielder moving forward, the comparison does not match up. For example, given the lack of form from Stewart, I would be interested to see how Palazuelos and Wallace would play together in central midfield. My real concern would be that the defensive midfielder may not have the physicality required.

To be honest I would not like to see that combination. For a start I think you are judging Wallaces ability to play central midfield for the first team after only see him play there a handful of times.

Secondly both do not have great right foots and it would when that is the case you need one left footed player complimented by a right sided player.

To be honest I would not like to see that combination. For a start I think you are judging Wallaces ability to play central midfield for the first team after only see him play there a handful of times.

Secondly both do not have great right foots and it would when that is the case you need one left footed player complimented by a right sided player.

Firstly, I do not know how to judge a player other than when he plays. If he has not played often in the position, the only way to know if he can play it is to play him there. Having said that, I thought in that particular game at Tannadice, he was really so good that we would defo see him again in that role, had Burley not been sacked then I am pretty sure that would be the case.

Secondly, I would argue that your statement about left footers is inaccurate. Many, many good midfield pairings are made up with players that kick with the same foot. For example, your "legend" and Hartley were both right footed, did you yearn for a left footed midfielder to replace Brellier?

brellierlegend
Firstly, I do not know how to judge a player other than when he plays. If he has not played often in the position, the only way to know if he can play it is to play him there. Having said that, I thought in that particular game at Tannadice, he was really so good that we would defo see him again in that role, had Burley not been sacked then I am pretty sure that would be the case.

Secondly, I would argue that your statement about left footers is inaccurate. Many, many good midfield pairings are made up with players that kick with the same foot. For example, your "legend" and Hartley were both right footed, did you yearn for a left footed midfielder to replace Brellier?

The difference with "my legend" and Hartley is that whilst they are right footed they were able to use their left feet to a sufficient standard. That is not the case with a lot of left footers.

It is not often you will see a centre half partnership that are both left footed.

Lee Wallaces right foot is poor.

The difference with "my legend" and Hartley is that whilst they are right footed they were able to use their left feet to a sufficient standard. That is not the case with a lot of left footers.

It is not often you will see a centre half partnership that are both left footed.

Lee Wallaces right foot is poor.

It is also not the case with a lot of right footers yet it doesn't stop two right footers playing together. But hey, looks like we won't agree on this, you don't rate him, I do, I suggest we agree to disagree. That is neither disgusting nor disgraceful. :thumb:

Driver has been pish poor for weeks and needs to be rested.

Wallace is good going forward, he likes to run at players and should be playing left midfield.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Wallace's best performance of the season came in midfield.

He's never a left back in his puff - the ball sails over his head far too easily and he lacks defensive strength - but if the coaching staff can realise that and give him a run in the middle of the park, or even on the wing, we'd have a real talent on our hands. Hopefully his successful use in midfield a few weeks ago signals that Frail has spotted his potential as a creative midfielder.

HillmanHearts
according to "The Mail" today...Walter Smith made an enquiry on Thursday with regards to an offer of ?350,000 for Lee Wallace , also mentioned that Hearts enquired about Alan Gow, but the two deals were not related.

(sorry cant find a link)

To be honest if Walter Smith thinks Wallace is good enough for Rangers, then he should a first pick for us too, whatever you think of Smith , he has won 7 league titles and knows a decent player.

I say Play Wallace at Left Back for the rest of the season and we will then find out if he can fulfill his potential. We have nothing to lose and it would really help his developement.

As for Jose : He is a bombscare and wants away anyway.

If Hearts ever want to challenge the OF for league titles and do well in Europe then the likes of Wallace would have to be sold.

People are deluded if they think Wallace is quality.

CornhillHearts

So Rangers want him and some folk on here think they know better, its back to the coaching think about it 3 years ago Lee, Christophe, Calum and Jamie amongst a few others probably were all fantastic prospects; only Berra in my opinion has kicked on, whose fault, not the players I would argue the coaching.

I agree 100% with Prancer. Wallace is an excellnt player IMHO.

I also don't think Wallace is a natural left back. To me he's a holding midfielder or even a left midfielder - more of a Chesney type player than an out and out winger like Driver, if that makes sense.

My biggest fear for Wallace is that he ends up like Tam Flogel - everyone can see he's a great player, but no one can figure out exactly what position to play him in.

Wallace is suffering because he is part of a squad that is choked with midfielders (Screpis being the latest addition to a list that includes Eggy, Palazuelos, Driver, Chesny, Miko, Stewart, Kingston, Audrey, Terry...) but has very limited resources at RB and LB. Wallace is, by his own admission, a midfielder and NOT a defender. Ironically in a thinner squad I think he would have established himself as a very, very good midfielder by now.

Most annoyingly, Rangers appear to have spotted his potential, whereas we either haven't spotted it or can't use it.

brellierlegend
I agree 100% with Prancer. Wallace is an excellnt player IMHO.

I also don't think Wallace is a natural left back. To me he's a holding midfielder or even a left midfielder - more of a Chesney type player than an out and out winger like Driver, if that makes sense.

My biggest fear for Wallace is that he ends up like Tam Flogel - everyone can see he's a great player, but no one can figure out exactly what position to play him in.

Ridiculous! Have you been watching Wallace this season! Great player! LAUGH OUT LOUD!

I don't think it's any coincidence that Wallace's best performance of the season came in midfield.

He's never a left back in his puff - the ball sails over his head far too easily and he lacks defensive strength - but if the coaching staff can realise that and give him a run in the middle of the park, or even on the wing, we'd have a real talent on our hands. Hopefully his successful use in midfield a few weeks ago signals that Frail has spotted his potential as a creative midfielder.

Just curious - but what has that to do with him?

I think the 2 seasons we got out of Takis show that a fullback?s performance is heavily influenced by how good the midfielder in front of him is...

You are living in cloud cuckoo land. Right now, we'd all give our right arm for a top six finish. Thats the problem - the first 10 or so games in 2005 gave us delusions well above our station.

haha, you haven`t got a clue pal. I was talking about standard of player. Of course i`d take a top 6 finish right now, but we were discussing RN.

RN is pesh. It`s bad enough the coaching staff keep playing him but when fans think he is the answer to our RB problems then it`s worrying.

Really really can`t see where people think he is a good player, really can`t?

Drylaw Hearts
I think the 2 seasons we got out of Takis show that a fullback?s performance is heavily influenced by how good the midfielder in front of him is...

Spot on.

Been arguing for some time that Lee Wallace is a central midfielder. He can fill in at left back but if you wish to see him play well and improve, midfield is the place he should be.

R@ng*rs would be a bad choice for him IMO, Smith has an awful track record with younger players.

Completely agree. He's really good at breaking up the play, and isn't scared to go on a little mazy from time to time. Could he be our replacement for Hartley that we didnt consider?

Some of you guys are unreal, how can u say the lad is crap? lees a cracking wee player thats why hes a scotland regular at his age group(in portugal at moment with under 21 squad) and thats why guys like walter smith and big teams like rangers are looking to snap him up now, as in 5 years time he will be worth a lot more.

letsmakesomenoise
haha, you haven`t got a clue pal. I was talking about standard of player. Of course i`d take a top 6 finish right now, but we were discussing RN.

RN is pesh. It`s bad enough the coaching staff keep playing him but when fans think he is the answer to our RB problems then it`s worrying.

Really really can`t see where people think he is a good player, really can`t?

Look Sunshine, I agree that RN is not ideal material, but that applies to most of our team. Dear gawd, we'd all love a RB of the standard of Gary Neville, but we are Hertz and RN is as good as it gets. Until VR get's his finger oot!

Rudolf's Mate
The quicker people realise Wallace is rubbish the better.

I we got an offer of that amount i would have taken it.

Have to say that I am completely gobsmacked with the amount of people on here saying Wallace is a half decent player let alone those who say that he should be put into midfield.....

I have lost count of the amount of times Wallace has made a run forward only to turn back because he it closed down however tries some terrible turn or flick and gets caught out of position. He is a nightmare IMO and again is not fit to wear the jersey!

Have to say that I am completely gobsmacked with the amount of people on here saying Wallace is a half decent player let alone those who say that he should be put into midfield.....

I have lost count of the amount of times Wallace has made a run forward only to turn back because he it closed down however tries some terrible turn or flick and gets caught out of position. He is a nightmare IMO and again is not fit to wear the jersey!

He is 20 year old boy, he needs time to develop, you think if he was rubbish he would be in the under 21 squad? and performing well for scotland each time he plays, and if hes so bad why do you think rangers want him, as soon as the club is settled and the team is settled and the lad gets a run he will come good.

boabyarsebiscuit
He is 20 year old boy, he needs time to develop, you think if he was rubbish he would be in the under 21 squad? and performing well for scotland each time he plays, and if hes so bad why do you think rangers want him, as soon as the club is settled and the team is settled and the lad gets a run he will come good.

Agree. Lee Wallace is a good young player. If we were to sell him I think we'd live to regret it.

Look Sunshine, I agree that RN is not ideal material, but that applies to most of our team. Dear gawd, we'd all love a RB of the standard of Gary Neville, but we are Hertz and RN is as good as it gets. Until VR get's his finger oot!

There`s probably a few full backs in the first division who could do a steadier job than Neilson, sunshine.

Your telling me there is Neilson`s standard then Neville`s but no in-between?

Again, your another Hearts fan content with mediocrity and just accept it. It`s that sort of attitude that`s holds back progression.

He's not a left back.

Perhaps Smith can see this also.

Why is it that our current regime cannot see that?

Burley used the gun in midfield which is a position that he is more than comfortable playing.

He is being wasted by the club at present.

You Sir have obviously been on the sherry. Wallace has been awful at left back this season. The amount of times he has been done by the diagonal ball over the top is criminal.

I agree with several other posters who believe Wallace may actually be better suited to a midfield position, give him a shout in midfield and see what happens, he was very good when he came on against Hibs.

Exceptional talent though, at left back, thats a beauty. I'm still laughing.:4_1_72:

cobbyshambles

he's worth keeping for that goal against kilmarnock alone,when he had no one to pass to so dribbled it a good 80 yards!

He's not a left back.

Perhaps Smith can see this also.

I have to agree...........IMO he would make a good left sided midfielder but his positioning at LB is not good enough.

I have to agree...........IMO he would make a good left sided midfielder but his positioning at LB is not good enough.

The sad fact, though, is that we don't need another midfielder. We have midfielder's crawling out of every orifice !

Since I can't see him ahead of Chesney or Driver on the left, and since he could not replace Ruben or Aguar, what exactly do we want him to do ?

He is a good young player but not a full back. He deserves first team football so let him go to a club which is less well endowed in midfield.

You Sir have obviously been on the sherry. Wallace has been awful at left back this season. The amount of times he has been done by the diagonal ball over the top is criminal.

I agree with several other posters who believe Wallace may actually be better suited to a midfield position, give him a shout in midfield and see what happens, he was very good when he came on against Hibs.

Exceptional talent though, at left back, thats a beauty. I'm still laughing.:4_1_72:

i think Prancer may be going a bit overboard, but to be fair he did used to cream himself regularly over how good Driver is and how he should be in the team, he hasnt done too badly this season....

has Wallace even had an extended run at left back yet? i.e. more than 3 or 4 games?

Agree. Lee Wallace is a good young player. If we were to sell him I think we'd live to regret it.

Spot on. He does not want to leave anyway. :)

any1 on this damn site no a thing about football,you are trying to say that young wallace is a poor player not reaching the recommended stature to play for hearts??laughable the amound of **** that people post on this,you would think that they were managers the way they slate there own players,haha unreal some comments left on this about certain players,left by fans who dont actually understand the game!

hahahahah

hahahaha ........ keep the poor worthless comments coming !!!!

Walter Payton
any1 on this damn site no a thing about football,you are trying to say that young wallace is a poor player not reaching the recommended stature to play for hearts??laughable the amound of **** that people post on this,you would think that they were managers the way they slate there own players,haha unreal some comments left on this about certain players,left by fans who dont actually understand the game!

hahahahah

Cheers for that Lee. What calibre by the way?

brellierlegend

hahahahah

They obviously understand the game more than you because Lee Wallace is gash!

hahahahah

Are you from a foreign country?

And, "recommended stature"? :mw_confused:

Archived