Lee Wallace to |Rangers

Guest Jaybee

according to "The Mail" today...Walter Smith made an enquiry on Thursday with regards to an offer of ?350,000 for Lee Wallace , also mentioned that Hearts enquired about Alan Gow, but the two deals were not related.

(sorry cant find a link)

To be honest if Walter Smith thinks Wallace is good enough for Rangers, then he should a first pick for us too, whatever you think of Smith , he has won 7 league titles and knows a decent player.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps Berwick Rangers or Cove Rangers on his current form. Another one for whom there is never a pitch wide enough to allow him to keep the ball in play.

jose goncalvez gets far too much stick in my opinion. ive seen what he is caipable of. The problem we have is lee wallace has just as much potential. If only one of them was a right back. Then we could get rid of jobby, sorry i mean robby.

ToadKiller Dog

Wallace still has potential (if he ever learns to concentrate long enough during a game) enough to keep him away from the uglies ,

jose goncalvez gets far too much stick in my opinion. ive seen what he is caipable of. The problem we have is lee wallace has just as much potential. If only one of them was a right back. Then we could get rid of jobby, sorry i mean robby.

And in the time honoured kickback tradition Neilson gets dragged in and slated as per usual.........

:mad:

The only problem with Concalves is having a backup of Wallace. Neither of them should be our LB, and I think a decent manager would spot that. Not saying he'd get rid of them though.

Wallace is an exceptional player and the sooner we realise it the better

Give him a run and he will deliver

Well done Pracer.

It is possible to be positive.( I'm not being sarcastic).

And in the time honoured kickback tradition Neilson gets dragged in and slated as per usual.........

you have a picture of maradona and your wanting to stick up for robby neilson? haa

just because he's been a hearts player for so many years doesn't make him free from criticism. And lets face it.. if he was any good he would of left us a long time ago.

you have a picture of maradona and your wanting to stick up for robby neilson? haa

just because he's been a hearts player for so many years doesn't make him free from criticism. And lets face it.. if he was any good he would of left us a long time ago.

He isn't exempt from criticism but he sees to carry the can every time we have a bad game, it can't all be his fault can it??

There is a lot worse than Robbie playing for Hearts just now.

He isn't exempt from criticism but he sees to carry the can every time we have a bad game, it can't all be his fault can it??

There is a lot worse than Robbie playing for Hearts just now.

i don't think he should carry the can. definetely not. and i think he has been playing a lot better the last 2 games.

BUT HE'S AN AVERAGE PLAYER.

in my opinion he's not good enough for hearts. and i do agree with you that there's others in the squad that aren't good enough either. but they aint getting there game every single week. neilson is. and is turning into the new miko. except with less talent.

hearts @ heart

+ He can head a ball in the right direction.

+ Think he can link up well also.

- too bloody lazy.

I like Wallace but there are times when he switches off and can look just as exposed as Goncalves.

Goncalves has had his run and hasn't shown that he is up to it so it's time for Wallace to get a run and see if he can establish himself

Miller Jambo 60
Perhaps Berwick Rangers or Cove Rangers on his current form. Another one for whom there is never a pitch wide enough to allow him to keep the ball in play.

HUN facks they are like the tims:mad:

Sorry but Jose is utter pish, never sticks to his position, in fact clearly has no fecking idea how to play as a left back. Gets sucked into Berra?s shadow all the time and looks about as comfortable on the ball as Robbie. Still the guy in Gregg?s told me Real Madrid are lining up a 3.5 mil move for the big man so fingers crossed!

Wallace is a far better footballer than Goncalves but he`s still inconsistent.

I do agree though, that the lad should get a right good run of games even if he has one or two iffy performances.

He has never really had a chance to find his feet IMO.

:eek:

Prancer = +!

:P

He's not a left back.

Perhaps Smith can see this also.

That's how I see it to.

He might make a decent left sided midfielder if given the chance.

Wouldn't it be nice to have traditional left and right midfielders instead of the bloody lightweight wingers we insist on using?

That's how I see it to.

He might make a decent left sided midfielder if given the chance.

Wouldn't it be nice to have traditional left and right midfielders instead of the bloody lightweight wingers we insist on using?

Good shout. I want a more balanced player in those positions. A player who knows how to defend but also gets up the park and attacks.

I thought Cammazola was quite decent at RM under Burley. He done well on both accounts IMO.

Dr Ian Malcolm

They must know they're taking the pish with offers like that. They just raked in ?9m for Hutton who's suspect when defending and think they'll get away with ?350k. Usual Old Firm tactics - let everyone else produce the players for us, who needs scouting?

In regards to Wallace, he's a good player, just not a left back. Been inpressed whenever he's been in midfield.

letsmakesomenoise

I agree, cannot stand it. If we had eleven players giving the same level of commitment and professionalism as RN, we'd be a darn sight higher up the table.

It's getting boring, guys!!!!

letsmakesomenoise
if jim paterson went for 200k,then how much is wallace worth.paterson is cack:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Wallace is not even a regular in a team languishing ninth in the table. ?350k sounds reasonable to me!

I do think, however, we should tell them to GTF if they come calling again, and give the lad a chance to prove himself. THEN we'll get big bucks for Vlad!

I agree, cannot stand it. If we had eleven players giving the same level of commitment and professionalism as RN, we'd be a darn sight higher up the table.

It's getting boring, guys!!!!

right, so, don`t take into the fact he is basically a poor player. You need both in football to succeed, commitment and talent.

Would 11 RN`s win us the league on commitment alone?

Guest gorgie kev

Because he deserves it he is ****e;)

letsmakesomenoise
Would 11 RN`s win us the league on commitment alone?

You are living in cloud cuckoo land. Right now, we'd all give our right arm for a top six finish. Thats the problem - the first 10 or so games in 2005 gave us delusions well above our station.

Changing LB's every few weeks is the problem.

I'd stick with Jose till the end of the season and see if he comes good. If not, get rid of him.

Lee Wallace can't defend.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Walace and Goncalves are still learning their trade , still youngsters

you get inconsistancy with young players and our team is very young

However as Hearts fans we don't have patience as the expectation has gone

up since Romanov arrived , mind you recently it has dropped below the

Robinson years .

It's big Jose that will probably be sold in the summer .

according to "The Mail" today...Walter Smith made an enquiry on Thursday with regards to an offer of ?350,000 for Lee Wallace , also mentioned that Hearts enquired about Alan Gow, but the two deals were not related.

(sorry cant find a link)

To be honest if Walter Smith thinks Wallace is good enough for Rangers, then he should a first pick for us too, whatever you think of Smith , he has won 7 league titles and knows a decent player.

He'd also go down a storm in glasgow as it's also famous for it's Gun culture lol!...sorry sad joke!

Certainly carries more weight than the 'Neilson to Rangers' rumour last year!

I believe that was started by Robbie himself in a bid to deflect attention away from his first touch. I think Wallace is a good player but i'm not sure of his best position. I actually think he could do a good job in midfield but we are well covered in that area.

(sorry cant find a link)

i heard this a couple of weeks ago, only reason it never happened was they could not agree on a price

I don't think Walace is good enough to play full back, but perhaps he is worth a shot in the midfield.

My patience is running thin with Michael Stewart, who huffs and puffs but fails to contribute anything of sustained quality. Wallace helped the balance of the team when he replaced Stewart in the last derby, so perhaps worth a shot.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Wallace midfield

Pelosi LB

I , good shout lets get Pelosi in at Left Back he seems to be on form just now ..

Do you not think if Lee was given a run in the first team he may be better????

Still young/has lots to learn/will come good in the end! Also he has good pace which Bambi is not showing at the moment!

Do you not think if Lee was given a run in the first team he may be better????

Still young/has lots to learn/will come good in the end! Also he has good pace which Bambi is not showing at the moment!

'bambi' is lightening - that is one of his main attributes along with shielding the ball out of play :)

So he''s only playing for us because he's sh ite?:wacko:

brellierlegend

Sorry guys but some of the posts on here are pathetic at best.

First of all Lee Wallace has been extremely average this season and just as poor at Jose at times. So I am not sure playing Wallace is the answer.

Secondly anyone who thinks we should have Pelosi at left back is a fool. We made a big mistake giving him a five year deal as he stopped working hard and thought he had made it. Unless there is a big change in his attitude he will never be a regular for Hearts.

To be honest the lad Jonathan Brown is probably a better option!

Been arguing for some time that Lee Wallace is a central midfielder. He can fill in at left back but if you wish to see him play well and improve, midfield is the place he should be.

R@ng*rs would be a bad choice for him IMO, Smith has an awful track record with younger players.

The quicker people realise Wallace is rubbish the better.

I we got an offer of that amount i would have taken it.

The quicker people realise Wallace is rubbish the better.

I we got an offer of that amount i would have taken it.

hammer-1.jpg;)

hammer-1.jpg;)

Is that what you and the previous poster were hit with?

If you cant realise wallace is a quality player you must have something wrong with you

If we sold him for 350k we would look very silly very soon

Much like we will when we get 500k for bednar:rolleyes:

Archived