Worst case scenario?

Walter Bishop

Charlie-Brown
Oh, yeah, all this pessimism is rubbing off on me.

What do you think the future will hold in next 6 months AG?

Sure, why not!

The fact is if its not, ul be blind (or worse) so wont be able to come after me for a refund!

Woo hoo

Oh, did i type that?

I mean, yeah, course it is!:)

Good, I'm running short. Whitespirittastic!

Guest S.U.S.S.
Good, I'm running short. Whitespirittastic!

Are we allowed to call it white spirit?

Perhaps clear spirit is best, dont want to upset the PC brigade!

You're just so predictable. :rolleyes:

God, you are such a hand-wringing liberal! But it's nice to see that you're thinking of others. Thanks for making this world a more caring place S.U.S.S. :)

Guest S.U.S.S.
YOur just so predictable. :rolleyes:

God, you are such a hand-wringing liberal! But it's nice to see that you're thinking of others. Thanks for making this world a more caring place S.U.S.S. :)

Gents, its the new caring sharing S.U.S.S.

Friend to all.

Gents, its the new caring sharing S.U.S.S.

Friend to all.

I knew I was getting tired, I'm starting to see things now - I must get off to bed. I wonder if Hearts will still be here when I wake up? :rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

Never underestimate white-spririts usefulness provided it is diluted sufficiently, grain-alcohol is better though and with some juniper and other herbs & plants to distill it with then you too can become a GINnoissuer.........however the credit crunch is doing a marvellous job of deflating wine prices so all is not yet lost.... :)

I don't think a lot of posters on this thread understand the point of administration.

Yes its aimed to save the club, but if the creditors cannot be benfited by retaining the running of the company they will liquidate us.

There would be no saleable assets at all retained.

Never mind that! What about the lottery numbers?

04 12 19 21 34 44 and bonus ball 38

What do you think the future will hold in next 6 months AG?

We win the league and cup, no?

In all honesty, this is slightly unsettling, but still, to talk about administration and selling on the back of 5 consecutive wins is maybe TOO negative. People seem to relish it. Negativity never got anyone anywhere. There's a great chance of extending the winning run to six with players back from injury and playing great.

Just hope it's good news when the statement comes along.

MUST...STAY...POSITIVE...arghhh!

Arthur Morgan
Oh this again?

Let's see...

Berra, Driver, Larry, Bruno, Nade, Karipidis all get sold for around 8 million combined which keeps the wolves away from the doors for a bit.

Balogh and Tullberg get sent back, Juho gets his contract terminated or is freed back to Finland. Kanaus loanees may get sent back also.

Wage bill is probably slashed by at least 40%, crowds drop to about 9-12,000.

Our team resembles an U-19 squad and we slip into the bottom six as we struggle against some of the more physical teams and general inconsistent nature of young players. Neilson is made captain, Stewart vice-captain and the team basically revolves around those two.

MacDonald; Neilson, Rapnik, McGowan, Brown; Templeton, Jonsson, Husband, Stewart, Wallace; Mole

Is our starting line-up for the remainder of the season, we finish around 6-8th, we struggle badly for goals. Kickback is full of threads demanding the be-heading of Jamie Mole, other posters say Templeton is too lightweight and the rest is full is rumours of an Icelandic consortium coming to invest 30 million in Hearts and re-build the Main Stand.

Jonsson and Wallace get flogged at the end of the season to bring in another

1, 1.5 million.

We start season 2009-10 with a threadbare squad but we should be stable enough to stay at Tynecastle. The youngsters will have toughened up a bit and we may have the money to bring in some seasoned campaigners to push back into the top six.

By 2010-11 we're back to the sort of position we were in pre-Romanov, i.e not great but good enough to be there or thereabouts in the hunt for Europe most seasons. Don't see us winning anything but we might sneak a European spot at some point.

It wouldn't be great but unlike Motherwell or Dundee we do have a few 2 million pound players to flog right from the off and while the next couple of years would be tough we'd have enough quality to stay up.

In any case I don't see us happening as a few sales in January will keep us afloat if we're anywhere near as bad as is being made out.

That sounds soo bad!:eek:

If this wasn't happening just before the transfer window then I'd be slightly more concerned but with it being so close, things like administration won't happen.

I say we'll definitely sell Kingston in the window, plus the likes of Basso, Makela, Banks, Karipidis, Cesnauskis, Mrowiec, Balogh/Kello, Ksanavicius and Elliot will go from the wage bill.

Even if that happened, the first team wouldn't be much worth off and the wage to turnover ratio would become fairly decent. The money isn't a good thing but it might accelerate the departures of some people who are doing absolutely nothing, apart from using up vital wages.

If Kingston is on ?15k as reported then no team will offer him more than that. His games played record for the last 5 years is awful so I doubt any big clubs will take a chance on him. Berra and Driver are more liable to attract bids in the January window. Bruno is out of contract in the summer so could sign a pre contract elsewhere or go for a small fee in January. This is all supposing there is a cash crisis.

The White Cockade

Keep reading on here we will slash the wage bill by getting rid of 8 players

em unles someone buys them we are stuck with them for the rest of their contracts

The only players other clubs will buy are Berra, Driver etc we want to keep not Makela etc who nobody else wants either

Things are not good but don't kid ourselves it's that it's just us.

I take heart from the recent interview with Ogilvie as follows

Two "positive and major commercial partnerships" are due to be announced within the next few weeks; on the field, Ogilvie wants to see Hearts play in front of average crowds of 20,000 at the new Tynecastle, regularly featuring in Europe while having the possibility of "pipping" the Old Firm. A key to all of these aspirations, he insists, is stability

Now unless Ogilvie too has had the wool pulled over his eyes big time, perhaps we are exaggerating things a little. In that same same interview he says we are aiming for a 50% wages:turnover ratio so it is inevitable that the bigger wage earners will be offloaded. In cutting costs the first thing I would do in January is send back (subject to contract agreements) all loanees which based on last week's team means we would save a lot of money and only lose 1 central defender. If we could then sell Larry, whose contribution this season has been patchy, we could bring in a back-up goalie and an experienced CD. We would be much more secure financially, probably not much worse off on the field and there would be greater scope to bring through our most promising youngsters.

I take heart from the recent interview with Ogilvie as follows

Two "positive and major commercial partnerships" are due to be announced within the next few weeks; on the field, Ogilvie wants to see Hearts play in front of average crowds of 20,000 at the new Tynecastle, regularly featuring in Europe while having the possibility of "pipping" the Old Firm. A key to all of these aspirations, he insists, is stability

Now unless Ogilvie too has had the wool pulled over his eyes big time, perhaps we are exaggerating things a little. In that same same interview he says we are aiming for a 50% wages:turnover ratio so it is inevitable that the bigger wage earners will be offloaded. In cutting costs the first thing I would do in January is send back (subject to contract agreements) all loanees which based on last week's team means we would save a lot of money and only lose 1 central defender. If we could then sell Larry, whose contribution this season has been patchy, we could bring in a back-up goalie and an experienced CD. We would be much more secure financially, probably not much worse off on the field and there would be greater scope to bring through our most promising youngsters.

Al - Ewan Murray wrote yesterday that ten of Hearts' players make up 50% of the wage bill! It won't just be Larry who's sold I'm afraid - the six players who haven't been paid will all be sold, I think.

I think the end is near head for the hills

I am hoping that the likes of george foulkes is out there now courting potential buyers.

Drylaw Hearts

All clubs will be feeling the pinch of that there is no doubt but how many clubs are deferring players wages ?

How many clubs are deferring bonus payments ?

How many Clubs will ofloading their 6 biggest earners within the next few weeks ?

How many Clubs are avoiding paying ?18k to Arbroath that was promised months ago ?

I would suggest very few in this Country.

Oh the hibees are gay
Oh this again?

Let's see...

Berra, Driver, Larry, Bruno, Nade, Karipidis all get sold for around 8 million combined which keeps the wolves away from the doors for a bit.

Balogh and Tullberg get sent back, Juho gets his contract terminated or is freed back to Finland. Kanaus loanees may get sent back also.

Wage bill is probably slashed by at least 40%, crowds drop to about 9-12,000.

Our team resembles an U-19 squad and we slip into the bottom six as we struggle against some of the more physical teams and general inconsistent nature of young players. Neilson is made captain, Stewart vice-captain and the team basically revolves around those two.

MacDonald; Neilson, Rapnik, McGowan, Brown; Templeton, Jonsson, Husband, Stewart, Wallace; Mole

Is our starting line-up for the remainder of the season, we finish around 6-8th, we struggle badly for goals. Kickback is full of threads demanding the be-heading of Jamie Mole, other posters say Templeton is too lightweight and the rest is full is rumours of an Icelandic consortium coming to invest 30 million in Hearts and re-build the Main Stand.

Jonsson and Wallace get flogged at the end of the season to bring in another

1, 1.5 million.

We start season 2009-10 with a threadbare squad but we should be stable enough to stay at Tynecastle. The youngsters will have toughened up a bit and we may have the money to bring in some seasoned campaigners to push back into the top six.

By 2010-11 we're back to the sort of position we were in pre-Romanov, i.e not great but good enough to be there or thereabouts in the hunt for Europe most seasons. Don't see us winning anything but we might sneak a European spot at some point.

It wouldn't be great but unlike Motherwell or Dundee we do have a few 2 million pound players to flog right from the off and while the next couple of years would be tough we'd have enough quality to stay up.

In any case I don't see us happening as a few sales in January will keep us afloat if we're anywhere near as bad as is being made out.

Good post Wolf.

If this cash crisis is true and not hobo jiberish, then the players sold imo will be if suitable buyers make a bid: Larry, Berra, Driver, Karipidis, Aguair, Nade, and maybe Jonsson. Losing these players would certainly see us in the bottom six by the end of the season, with the reserves not having enough experience to deal with the pressure of playing first team roles for half a season.

Oh the hibees are gay
All clubs will be feeling the pinch of that there is no doubt but how many clubs are deferring players wages ?

How many Clubs will ofloading their 6 biggest earners within the next few weeks ?

How many Clubs are avoiding paying ?18k to Arbroath that was promised months ago ?

Obviously just us but any company IF losing major money would sell there most valuable assets would they not?

Its ?14k.

Drylaw Hearts
Obviously just us but any company IF losing major money would sell there most valuable assets would they not?

Its ?14k.

Yes they would.

It's actually ?17k inc VAT.

How are we going to raise that when interested clubs know we're up the creek, and in no position to turn them down?

Because I would imagine that more than one club is interested in each player (Berra, Kingston & Driver) and it will cause a bidding war to a certain extent, IF they really want the player that is...

If only one club was after each player then your point would be worrying. I think as it stands at least 2 or 3 clubs are after Berra & Kingston, not sure about Driver to be honest though.

If Kingston is on ?15k as reported then no team will offer him more than that.

Yes they will.

I would stretch as far as saying he would even get an improved deal. Do you think a ?20k weekly wage is anything to Portsmouth, Bolton, Wigan etc?

They have lots of players on this salary I would imagine.

I don't know but no club is subject to the same media scrutiny as we are but there is a credit crunch and it is hitting wider than football. There have been rumours re Rangers with JJB,

I would suggest few clubs are comfortable.

Johanes de Silentio

A well-informed poster on JKB during the summer posted that it's not possible for us to go into administration. He was most insistent on the matter.

Has this changed?

A well-informed poster on JKB during the summer posted that it's not possible for us to go into administration. He was most insistent on the matter.

Has this changed?

At that time few thought big banks would go into administration and had the government not intervened who knows?

Drylaw Hearts
I don't know but no club is subject to the same media scrutiny as we are but there is a credit crunch and it is hitting wider than football. There have been rumours re Rangers with JJB,

I would suggest few clubs are comfortable.

I would suggest most Clubs are more comfortable than us.

Charlie-Brown

There is loadsa SFL clubs in trouble, the League management just released ?500K to some member clubs 5 months early to help them get thru the season.

Archived