Worst case scenario?

Walter Bishop

Worst case scenario is unlikely, but it's that, the administrator can't come to an agreement with Hearts creditors. In addition the administrator can't find a buyer and deems that Hearts are not a going concern.

He/She would then try and get the best deal he can for the liquidated assets (sell everything including the stuff that's nailed down).

Hearts would cease to exist in it's current form.

That is real ground zero stuff. The more likely thing is that there is an agreement with the creditors and new owners would be found. I don't know what the punishments are regarding points for going into admin (or demotion).

Hearts won't go into admin as by doing so they will lose considerable value of some of their more marketable players e.g Berra, Kingston & Driver.

Expect a considerable sum to be raised in Jan to keep us afloat and a slashing of the wage bill.

Hearts won't go into admin as by doing so they will lose considerable value of some of their more marketable players e.g Berra, Kingston & Driver.

Expect a considerable sum to be raised in Jan to keep us afloat and a slashing of the wage bill.

About ?7m - ?8m?

How are we going to raise that when interested clubs know we're up the creek, and in no position to turn them down?

Geoff Kilpatrick

My only question is who's buying? Cash is king in any business at the minute.

Snake Plissken

Oh this again?

Let's see...

Berra, Driver, Larry, Bruno, Nade, Karipidis all get sold for around 8 million combined which keeps the wolves away from the doors for a bit.

Balogh and Tullberg get sent back, Juho gets his contract terminated or is freed back to Finland. Kanaus loanees may get sent back also.

Wage bill is probably slashed by at least 40%, crowds drop to about 9-12,000.

Our team resembles an U-19 squad and we slip into the bottom six as we struggle against some of the more physical teams and general inconsistent nature of young players. Neilson is made captain, Stewart vice-captain and the team basically revolves around those two.

MacDonald; Neilson, Rapnik, McGowan, Brown; Templeton, Jonsson, Husband, Stewart, Wallace; Mole

Is our starting line-up for the remainder of the season, we finish around 6-8th, we struggle badly for goals. Kickback is full of threads demanding the be-heading of Jamie Mole, other posters say Templeton is too lightweight and the rest is full is rumours of an Icelandic consortium coming to invest 30 million in Hearts and re-build the Main Stand.

Jonsson and Wallace get flogged at the end of the season to bring in another

1, 1.5 million.

We start season 2009-10 with a threadbare squad but we should be stable enough to stay at Tynecastle. The youngsters will have toughened up a bit and we may have the money to bring in some seasoned campaigners to push back into the top six.

By 2010-11 we're back to the sort of position we were in pre-Romanov, i.e not great but good enough to be there or thereabouts in the hunt for Europe most seasons. Don't see us winning anything but we might sneak a European spot at some point.

It wouldn't be great but unlike Motherwell or Dundee we do have a few 2 million pound players to flog right from the off and while the next couple of years would be tough we'd have enough quality to stay up.

In any case I don't see us happening as a few sales in January will keep us afloat if we're anywhere near as bad as is being made out.

Worst case scenario is unlikely, but it's that, the administrator can't come to an agreement with Hearts creditors. In addition the administrator can't find a buyer and deems that Hearts are not a going concern.

He/She would then try and get the best deal he can for the liquidated assets (sell everything including the stuff that's nailed down).

Hearts would cease to exist in it's current form.

That is real ground zero stuff. The more likely thing is that there is an agreement with the creditors and new owners would be found. I don't know what the punishments are regarding points for going into admin (or demotion).

What's the worst case scenario if a city council goes bankrupt? Not to get priorities mixed up, of course.

Worst case scenario is that we dont get into administration and this, and similar threads, go on for the next 3 years.

Well, maybe not worse case scenario........ :whistling:

Before that there is a real possibilty we will have transfer embargo and a ban on European football because we can't/won't pay 14k to Abroath.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I personally will jump off the Wheatfield roof onto the pitch and end it all.

I wish we would hurry up and go into admin so I can get on with it. :sad:

When is it going to be, resident Hobos?

crying_man.jpg

I personally will jump off the Wheatfield roof onto the pitch and end it all.

I wish we would hurry up and go into admin so I can get on with it. :sad:

When is it going to be, resident Hobos?

crying_man.jpg

Try and miss my leather seat please , thats incase you miss judge your fall :P

If this wasn't happening just before the transfer window then I'd be slightly more concerned but with it being so close, things like administration won't happen.

I say we'll definitely sell Kingston in the window, plus the likes of Basso, Makela, Banks, Karipidis, Cesnauskis, Mrowiec, Balogh/Kello, Ksanavicius and Elliot will go from the wage bill.

Even if that happened, the first team wouldn't be much worth off and the wage to turnover ratio would become fairly decent. The money isn't a good thing but it might accelerate the departures of some people who are doing absolutely nothing, apart from using up vital wages.

Try and miss my leather seat please , thats incase you miss judge your fall :P

Here is a prawn sandwich just incase I do hit the posh seats!

SandwichPrawn_fs.jpg

Here is a prawn sandwich just incase I do hit the posh seats!

SandwichPrawn_fs.jpg

Anit nothing posh there, cause i`m there :) plus i don`t like prawns :)

Guest S.U.S.S.
How are we going to raise that when interested clubs know we're up the creek, and in no position to turn them down?

Ur alright mate, simply means ul be on weejunkiegayfiddykiddlers.com more often

I say we'll definitely sell Kingston in the window, plus the likes of Basso, Makela, Banks, Karipidis, Cesnauskis, Mrowiec, Balogh/Kello, Ksanavicius and Elliot will go from the wage bill.

To me and I'm fairly certain a large % of the support would agree that would be completely acceptable if not bloody great news. We get in some much needed funds and don't do huge damage to the squad. Hopefully it will mean 1 or 2 players brought in on sensible wages as well.

The concern is that the list will be more like Kingston, Berra, Karipidis, Aguair, Driver, Stewart and Palazuelos which would mean the season was effectively over and we would still have plenty worthless overpaid dross on the books.

In my opinion both Ogilvie and Csaba have suggested the first option is very probable, even preferred however if it's the second then I'm fairly certain they have been misled big time about the financial situation.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Before that there is a real possibilty we will have transfer embargo and a ban on European football because we can't/won't pay 14k to Abroath.

Why should we, they had a future sell on clause, we didnt sell him, we recieved compensation.

Ill burn their ****hole stadium to the ground if they screw us over.:mad:

The worst case scenario (should HMFC go into admin) is that Leith is drowned in a collective tsunami of tsemen.

Sure it wouldn't be the first time a hibs fan has drowned this way.

Ur alright mate, simply means ul be on weejunkiegayfiddykiddlers.com more often

Harsh. :cool:

Why should we, they had a future sell on clause, we didnt sell him, we recieved compensation.

This article makes for minging reading. :sad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7764721.stm

Here are a few sections that made me :sad: :

"We finally agreed an amount with Hearts that they were due us on 1 August and we sent them an invoice at that time, which still hasn't been paid," he said.

"A month ago we asked the SFA if they could assist us to claim this money. They advised us that they'd contacted Hearts, who had said payment had been authorised, and was being processed.

"But to date we've received nothing."

Meanwhile, a Hearts player's agent has also contacted the SFA claiming he is owed money by the club.

The unnamed party has been promised payment of what's believed to be a six figure sum by the end of the year.

Ah, excellent, someone who has seen the wording of the contract provision for themselves.

Can you pass me a copy when you have the chance, much obliged.

:P

Guest S.U.S.S.
This article makes for minging reading. :sad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7764721.stm

Here are a few sections that made me :sad: :

"We finally agreed an amount with Hearts that they were due us on 1 August and we sent them an invoice at that time, which still hasn't been paid," he said.

"A month ago we asked the SFA if they could assist us to claim this money. They advised us that they'd contacted Hearts, who had said payment had been authorised, and was being processed.

"But to date we've received nothing."

Meanwhile, a Hearts player's agent has also contacted the SFA claiming he is owed money by the club.

The unnamed party has been promised payment of what's believed to be a six figure sum by the end of the year.

Sorry its in print now, i have to do it! regardless of the facts:)

Can anyone recommend a decent accelerant?:)

It aint going to happen..

Of course it ain't going to happen. We've been needing to cut our cloth for quite a while now but no bugger has had the balls enough to make the difficult decisions, probably because before the economic downturn we knew that the safety-net kitty was plentiful. Now we're just having to cut our cloth a bit more rapidly than would normally be comfortable. It might weaken us for a while but we'll get through it.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Ah, excellent, someone who has seen the wording of the contract provision for themselves.

Can you pass me a copy when you have the chance, much obliged.

:P

Where did i say i had read that?

It was reported at the time, they had a SELL ON clause, not a compensation clause.

Im sure the legalities are more complex than i suggest but in my mind their is a difference, subtle or not.

PS ill pm you contract, dont tell anyone ive got it:)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Of course it ain't going to happen. We've been needing to cut our cloth for quite a while now but no bugger has had the balls enough to make the difficult decisions, probably because before the economic downturn we knew that the safety-net kitty was plentiful. Now we're just having to cut our cloth a bit more rapidly than would normally be comfortable. It might weaken us for a while but we'll get through it.

Its not?

anyone want to buy ?300 of white spirit?;)

To me and I'm fairly certain a large % of the support would agree that would be completely acceptable if not bloody great news. We get in some much needed funds and don't do huge damage to the squad. Hopefully it will mean 1 or 2 players brought in on sensible wages as well.

The concern is that the list will be more like Kingston, Berra, Karipidis, Aguair, Driver, Stewart and Palazuelos which would mean the season was effectively over and we would still have plenty worthless overpaid dross on the books.

In my opinion both Ogilvie and Csaba have suggested the first option is very probable, even preferred however if it's the second then I'm fairly certain they have been misled big time about the financial situation.

Think Stewart and Ruben will still be here.

Kingston, Berra, Nade, Driver (probably), Mikoliunas, Karipidis, Aguiar, Wallace (possibly), Balogh, Tullberg, Makela and Elliot probably won't be.

portobellojambo1

You're not going bald as well are you. :P

Dinnae use a burning Jeep whatever you do.

Or they'll set aboot ye!

abc_jon4_070711_ms.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHv95NM5hVnb7EHg46PNWLqu-S4SA

Think Stewart and Ruben will still be here.

Kingston, Berra, Nade, Driver (probably), Mikoliunas, Karipidis, Aguiar, Wallace (possibly), Balogh, Tullberg, Makela and Elliot probably won't be.

So potentially 7 starters from Saturday gone. That being the case do you think Ogilvie and Laszlo have been kept completely in the dark about the extent of the problems as I can't believe 2 decent men would pull the wool over the Hearts fans eyes in the last week or so ?

How about best case scenario?

We beat Motherwell, Celtic, Dundee and the Hobos, strengthening our squad in January, finish the season second and win the Cup.

Lovely.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Dinnae use a burning Jeep whatever you do.

Or they'll set aboot ye!

abc_jon4_070711_ms.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHv95NM5hVnb7EHg46PNWLqu-S4SA

PMSL, top stuff mate!

Im using a mini, that will get throught the barriers! GIRUY!

Guest S.U.S.S.
You're not going bald as well are you. :P

I bloody hope not, christ, Hearts in the **** and going bald all in one night! FFS!:P

How about best case scenario?

We beat Motherwell, Celtic, Dundee and the Hobos, strengthening our squad in January, finish the season second and win the Cup.

Lovely.

Finish the season first, surely?

Where did i say i had read that?

It was reported at the time, they had a SELL ON clause, not a compensation clause.

Im sure the legalities are more complex than i suggest but in my mind their is a difference, subtle or not.

PS ill pm you contract, dont tell anyone ive got it:)

I agree but we are past that stage now.

We agreed a fee with Arbroath and have told them more than once we've sent a payment without actually doing it.

We have been referred to the SFA General Purposes Committee over this issue, and the beaks in Glasgow will be rubbing there hands at taking us all the way with this.

Its 14k FFS!!! If they can't pay (rather than won't) that we are in deep deep *****.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Is it the drinkable stuff?

Sure, why not!

The fact is if its not, ul be blind (or worse) so wont be able to come after me for a refund!

Woo hoo

Oh, did i type that?

I mean, yeah, course it is!:)

Archived