Alan Hutton

Ryan Gosling

Hutton played very well today...... just a wee shame Tevez popped up with the last kick of the game to deny him his first win.

Dawson Own goal now.Not that it matters.Hope he does well.Have my doubts though.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Michael Dawson and debutant Alan Hutton in particular were imperious and United rarely looked like getting anything out of the game."

:eek:

That's what I saw watching the game. Hutton didn't look one bit out of place with some top-class footballers, and caused threat to United when he pressed up the park.

You'd have to be pretty deluded or inexperienced at watching football not to have rated that performance.

He over ran the ball going forwards a couple of times, which made it easy for the Man U defenders to regain possession, but all in all I thought he played pretty well. He did a lot better than I was expecting.

Just watched Football First on Skysports who had the Spurs - Utd game as the match of the day. Alan Hutton has every reason to be delighted tonight as he had an impressive debut, I am pleased for the guy. One of my favourite Scottish players now he has left Rangers, would have felt dirty saying that when he was at the unwashed!

Just watched Football First on Skysports who had the Spurs - Utd game as the match of the day. Alan Hutton has every reason to be delighted tonight as he had an impressive debut, I am pleased for the guy. One of my favourite Scottish players now he has left Rangers, would have felt dirty saying that when he was at the unwashed!

Rated him this season, just watched the first half on football first, not had much to do so far tho.

Think he could do well, will defo be interesting.

:laugh: Just seen this thread.

HN1F's ripping of Allan Hutton was about as successful as her X-Factor audition.

You ought to have seen Prancer's ripping of HN1F (which has now been deleted).

FAF :laugh:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I haven't seen Prancer all day - are we so lucky...?

Watch what you are saying.

Bad mouthing Prancer seems to result in an 'infraction' :rolleyes:

You want his career to go down the pan because you don't think he's a good player.

What a moronic statement to make.

At least say it's because he's a ned thug or something.

Let's be honest, though - he wants him to fail because he used to play for Rangers, and now plays for Spurs.

That's all too much for one Gooner songstress to take!

Watch what you are saying.

Bad mouthing Prancer seems to result in an 'infraction' :rolleyes:

I think badmouthing any user which is against the rules results in an infraction

In fact I know it does:rolleyes:

Let's be honest, though - he wants him to fail because he used to play for Rangers, and now plays for Spurs.

A tornado of emotion, clearly.

A tornado of emotion, clearly.

It was worth the infraction for the image of him behind the keyboard:rolleyes:

Its nothing to do with him playing for Spurs! I like a number of players for Spurs and otehrs are overated and poor.

I have never rated Hutton as a defender, even when he was noted as the White Cafu by many pundits in Scotland.

Can he attack? His record as a youth and coming forward for Rangers proves he can, hes just not a great defender, but why Spurs decided to splash out on 9 million on him is beyond me.

If he was THAT good, why did Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal not make a bid for him? Because hes not good enough, yes he was linked to man U, but was there any evidence they wanted him.

Im sorry if I dont rate a Scotland player but he wont make it in England, but fair play he did well on Saturday, despite Chimbonda covering him most of the time.

i think he is gash as well, not worth 9 mil anyway, but im pretty indifferent as to whether he does well or not.

does well - good for scottish fitba and the national team

does bad - quite funny coz he seems like a bit of a bawbag.

however him and Gordon combined cost almost 20mil, if one or both of them fail then English teams arent going to come calling as much, and arent going to offer megabucks, which is bad news for all scottish teams, as there wont be many italian or spanish teams after our players when compared with down south.

so i think on balance it would be good to see him do well, i still think he's a dick tho :)

This was a joke of a transfer that the media up here should have been all over

A sale Smith didnt want

A move Hutton didnt want

Forced through by Murray and Bain by forcing the issue with Hutton and bribing him with a cut of the transfer fee

A player Ramos hadnt even heard of when Spurs interest was first made public.

Murray riding roughshot over everyone for a suspiciously large transfer fee.

Not a sniff from the papers....

Guest Dipped Flake
Its nothing to do with him playing for Spurs! I like a number of players for Spurs and otehrs are overated and poor.

I have never rated Hutton as a defender, even when he was noted as the White Cafu by many pundits in Scotland.

Can he attack? His record as a youth and coming forward for Rangers proves he can, hes just not a great defender, but why Spurs decided to splash out on 9 million on him is beyond me.

If he was THAT good, why did Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal not make a bid for him? Because hes not good enough, yes he was linked to man U, but was there any evidence they wanted him.

Im sorry if I dont rate a Scotland player but he wont make it in England, but fair play he did well on Saturday, despite Chimbonda covering him most of the time.

Think you are missing the point. Most people were asking you why you wanted him to fail, not arguing over how good or bad he was. Also, you could not see why the Scotland right back playing regularly in the 'best league in the world' would benefit Scotland.

Think you are missing the point. Most people were asking you why you wanted him to fail, not arguing over how good or bad he was. Also, you could not see why the Scotland right back playing regularly in the 'best league in the world' would benefit Scotland.

The reason I want him to fail is so he is finally undiscovered as an overated defender.

Im just shocked hes going to play week in week out each week in the EPL, when even Chimbondas a better player than him.

The reason I want him to fail is so he is finally undiscovered as an overated defender.

Im just shocked hes going to play week in week out each week in the EPL, when even Chimbondas a better player than him.

So basically, you want a young Scottish talent to fail with no real reason other than bitterness.

So basically, you want a young Scottish talent to fail with no real reason other than bitterness.

Seems fair enough to me :laugh:

I'd love to see an alternate reality where he signed for Arsenal. I'd bet your posts would be very different.

Malcolm Tucker
I'd love to see an alternate reality where he signed for Arsenal. I'd bet your posts would be very different.

I was about to post exactly the same thing after seeing the Adebayor jism-fest on the other thread.

Quite interesting how an excellent 12 month spell for Hutton means he is over rated and just on lucky form, but an excellent 4 month spell for Adebayor means he is the best striker in the world :confused:

:Agree: Hoping his career goes down the tubes because he's 'overrated'? How bitter can you get? Hey kearney: you say you rate a number of Spurs players. Other than Berbatov, who are they, exactly?

Quite interesting how an excellent 12 month spell for Hutton means he is over rated and just on lucky form, but an excellent 4 month spell for Adebayor means he is the best striker in the world :confused:

Kearney in contradiction shocker!!!!!!

:ohmy:

Jamboscanbevicius

I agree that Hutton looks a decent player, but his qualities have not been displayed over a long enough period to merit his value.

It says it all that one year ago Rangers wanted to sign Robbie Neilson - what a shame that never came to be!!!

And another thing...

5-1, get it up ye!

My feelings would be the same if he signed for Arsenal. Hes overated and cant lace the boots of Sagna and Eboue.

The difference between Ade and Hutton is Adebayor has had the potential for many seasons and Arsenal fans dont label him the white cafu as pundits in Scotland and others do.

Least Adebaor has more promise than Hutton.

And the same people on here who have been siging his praises the last 2 weeks or so when he was sold to Spurs were the same people who slagged him to the heavens saying he was mince, least and and some others have not changed our perception on the "White Cafu"

Oh please, hes not even better than Chimbonda!

And Thommo, where are Spurs in the league!;)

festerlehearts
Hutton has done well to get a move to the premiership and especially well to go for ?8m, but there must still be huge question marks over him.

Miko and Ivaskevicius have ripped him with minimal effort this season.

what a waste o money

My feelings would be the same if he signed for Arsenal. Hes overated and cant lace the boots of Sagna and Eboue.

The difference between Ade and Hutton is Adebayor has had the potential for many seasons and Arsenal fans dont label him the white cafu as pundits in Scotland and others do.

And the same people on here who have been siging his praises the last 2 weeks or so when he was sold to Spurs were the same people who slagged him to the heavens saying he was mince, least and and some others have not changed our perception on the "White Cafu"

it would be seriously freaky if people were calling Adebayor the white Cafu :confused:

jack D and coke

Chimbonda's dump mate. Sounds to me like Hutton's done yir sister or something:whistling:

Climbing, Mika, climbing. Ramos has turned that club around in a remarkable space of time, and his signings - leaving Hutton aside - reek of quality, finally fixing problems that Jol left to fester for years. Woodgate and Dawson/King? Yes, please.

Your other points don't make a whole lot of sense. Hutton has improved dramatically in the last year - I watched the pre-season friendly between Chelsea and Rangers, and he was outstanding. I don't think it's his fault that he was labelled the "White Cafu", so that has got little to do with anything.

Adebayor has had "potential for years"? Does this mean that other young players have not had potential, or only develop potential later? Either way, I'm confuzzled.

Chimbonda's dump mate. Sounds to me like Hutton's done yir sister or something:whistling:

But hes a better Defender!

What I meant Thommo was Adebayor doesnt get labeled to be the next Pele,Maradonna unlike Hutton whos gets labled to be the next Cafu.

Also, he had 19 yellow cards before he left Rangers this season and from the last 4 games of last season and hes worth 9 million?

Hes overated.

But hes a better Defender!

What I meant Thommo was Adebayor doesnt get labeled to be the next Pele,Maradonna unlike Hutton whos gets labled to be the next Cafu.

Also, he had 19 yellow cards before he left Rangers this season and from the last 4 games of last season and hes worth 9 million?

Hes overated.

BY THE RANGERS FANS!!!!

Climbing, Mika, climbing. Ramos has turned that club around in a remarkable space of time, and his signings - leaving Hutton aside - reek of quality, finally fixing problems that Jol left to fester for years. Woodgate and Dawson/King? Yes, please.

Your other points don't make a whole lot of sense. Hutton has improved dramatically in the last year - I watched the pre-season friendly between Chelsea and Rangers, and he was outstanding. I don't think it's his fault that he was labelled the "White Cafu", so that has got little to do with anything.

Adebayor has had "potential for years"? Does this mean that other young players have not had potential, or only develop potential later? Either way, I'm confuzzled.

Ok... ill take that.

Robbie Neilson was tremendous for us in the days we finished 2nd. Was he rated 9 million and wanted by Spurs?

Hutton has only peaked in a season and a half and am I the only one witha select others who thinks hes overated?

This is the same Hutton who Ramos NEVER heard of before a bid was put in, has had 19+yellow cards, was the dirtiest player in the SPL and for Rangers in the CL and was ripped to pieces by Miko and even funnier Ivaskevicous(sp) and Spurs bought him for 9 million, I dont see how hes that good?

Ok... ill take that.

Robbie Neilson was tremendous for us in the days we finished 2nd. Was he rated 9 million and wanted by Spurs?

Hutton has only peaked in a season and a half and am I the only one witha select others who thinks hes overated?

This is the same Hutton who Ramos NEVER heard of before a bid was put in, has had 19+yellow cards, was the dirtiest player in the SPL and for Rangers in the CL and was ripped to pieces by Miko and even funnier Ivaskevicous(sp) and Spurs bought him for 9 million, I dont see how hes that good?

No he wasn't, he was widely regarded as the only real weak link in the team.

Ok... ill take that.

9 million is a ridiculous fee paid for him, as was the 9m we received for Gordon.

Doesn't mean they deserve to fail because of the fee a club believed he was worth, he didn't say he was worth it, did he?

And to say Robbie Neilson was tremendous? Well, the less said about that the better.

No

I dont rate him as a player, and I hope he fails as I have had to listen to the the same s*** from every Rangers fan on earth that Hutton is the next big thing, I dont see him that way and I hope hes found out to be as good as Barry Ferguson was at Blackburn..s***

When Ferguson played at Blackburn he was very very good. It was injuries that scuppered him. I hope Hutton does well to reflect onto the national side. And to say he's gash is well wide of the mark imo

Why can it benifit us?

Cause hes Scottish?

Hes overatd and wont benefit Scotland anyway

If he progresses into a top class full back it will benefit the national side. Think about it

HN1F, give up hen.

You're embarrasing yourself with endless contradicitons and constant nonsensical bile, it's frustrating.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Kearney sounds like one of these guys who goes to the footy and shouts non stop as if he knows what he is talking about but really doesn't have a clue.

i.e the kind of folk you wish would just shut up.

Malcolm Tucker
Ok... ill take that.

He was tremendous aye. He was also 26 years old and probably fulfilling the best years/seasons of his life. As we have seen since then it's been a quite steady fall. However, Hutton is only 23 and DOES have potential.

Aye, dude, he's over-rated. But he is still good enough for the EPL and definitely by far Scotland's best RB. You're embarrassing yourself now, just stop.

Oh, and you never did answer my question. Who would you rather play RB for Scotland?

He was tremendous aye. He was also 26 years old and probably fulfilling the best years/seasons of his life. As we have seen since then it's been a quite steady fall. However, Hutton is only 23 and DOES have potential.

Aye, dude, he's over-rated. But he is still good enough for the EPL and definitely by far Scotland's best RB. You're embarrassing yourself now, just stop.

Oh, and you never did answer my question. Who would you rather play RB for Scotland?

I stand by my comments, hes overated and Ive yet to see a reason why the price tag is justified.

Gordons prie tag was justified thats why Sunderland paid the money for him, he was doing it for Hearts for many seasons, has Hutton? No I cant see it.

As for Scotland right backs, I would say Hutton is the best at the moment, none otheres come into my head but the praise hes been getting is way OTT, but not surprsing as he plays for the Old Firm.

Im intitled to my opinion on him, and if say Arsenal or Man U bought him, I would have a laughing fit as hes not good enough for the big 3 the in the EPL or teams like Juve etc.

I stand by my comments, hes overated and Ive yet to see a reason why the price tag is justified.

Gordons prie tag was justified thats why Sunderland paid the money for him, he was doing it for Hearts for many seasons, has Hutton? No I cant see it.

As for Scotland right backs, I would say Hutton is the best at the moment, none otheres come into my head but the praise hes been getting is way OTT, but not surprsing as he plays for the Old Firm.

Im intitled to my opinion on him, and if say Arsenal or Man U bought him, I would have a laughing fit as hes not good enough for the big 3 the in the EPL or teams like Juve etc.

SO Gordon's price tag was justified because a team paid it, but Hutton's wasn't because you think he is overrated :confused:

Archived