Alan Hutton

Ryan Gosling

I hope he does well as he's taken the plunge and moved down south to further his career, plus it's good for Scotland. However, he's on a hiding to nothing today.

Spurs are playing him at left back, for the first time in his career, against Cristiano Ronaldo.

This could get interesting quickly.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope he does well as he's taken the plunge and moved down south to further his career, plus it's good for Scotland. However, he's on a hiding to nothing today.

Spurs are playing him at left back, for the first time in his career, against Cristiano Ronaldo.

And if 'number 28' can rip him ...

Buffalo Bill

winston churchill

radio shotland said he is playing right back against ryan giggs.

winston churchill
Tottenham and BBC say left back with Chimbonda on the right. Ouch.

did they not punt him in the transfer windy.

Hutton has done well to get a move to the premiership and especially well to go for ?8m, but there must still be huge question marks over him.

Miko and Ivaskevicius have ripped him with minimal effort this season.

loveofthegame
radio shotland said he is playing right back against ryan giggs.

BBC saying its Chimbonda on the right and Hutton left.

Dont know if its great management putting him in for his Prem debut out of position against the best player in the league. However juande ramos has done slightly more in football management than me so i guess we'll have to trust his judgement

Hope he flops.

Absolute disgrace Tottenham spending all that money on an overated player.

Ronaldo will take him to the cleaners.

Good

Spurs site has him at RB.

Alan Hutton comes in for Chris Gunter an is expected to make his debut at right-back with Pascal Chimbonda shifting over to left-back.

alwaysthereinspirit

Hope he gets the p!$$ ripped out off him every week.

Commander Harris

now that he's not a Rangers player I wish him all the best :)

like it or not - if he does well it will reflect well on Scottish football in general, if he flops then we'll just get more of the usual dismissive comments about Scottish players and Scottish football in general.

I know what I'd prefer.

like it or not - if he does well it will reflect well on Scottish football in general, if he flops then we'll just get more of the usual dismissive comments about Scottish players and Scottish football in general.

I know what I'd prefer.

Well said that man!!

We need to lose this narrow minded attitude when it comes to people moving on from this country and doing well for themselves, we are the world masters at building people up then shooting them down when they dare to try and better themselves.

For his and scottish football's sake I hope he does well and doesn't come back up the road with his tail between his legs like Barry Ferguson did.

Hope he flops.

Absolute disgrace Tottenham spending all that money on an overated player.

Ronaldo will take him to the cleaners.

Good

?

It's hardly his fault Spurs paid an inflated price for him.

?

It's hardly his fault Spurs paid an inflated price for him.

True, but hes an overated player who is a s*** defender.

Hope his career goes down the pan.

Hutton doesn't have a voice like an angel, that's why HN1F doesn't like him. He only likes similarly talented people.

alwaysthereinspirit
Well said that man!!

We need to lose this narrow minded attitude when it comes to people moving on from this country and doing well for themselves, we are the world masters at building people up then shooting them down when they dare to try and better themselves.

For his and scottish football's sake I hope he does well and doesn't come back up the road with his tail between his legs like Barry Ferguson did.

I hope he fails and is made to look like the overated #un $ cum that he is. I want no ex OF player to ever do well in England or other parts of Europe. The GFA, Scottish media or Scottish football deserves no applause from their peers in another country for putting a player on a pedastal just because they play for one of the OF.

Hutton doesn't have a voice like an angel, that's why HN1F doesn't like him. He only likes similarly talented people.

No I dont rate him as a player, which is a crime on here to disagree with you.

No I dont rate him as a player, which is a crime on here to disagree with you.

You want his career to go down the pan because you don't think he's a good player.

What a moronic statement to make.

At least say it's because he's a ned thug or something.

You want his career to go down the pan because you don't think he's a good player.

What a moronic statement to make.

At least say it's because he's a ned thug or something.

No

I dont rate him as a player, and I hope he fails as I have had to listen to the the same s*** from every Rangers fan on earth that Hutton is the next big thing, I dont see him that way and I hope hes found out to be as good as Barry Ferguson was at Blackburn..s***

Why the negativity towards Hutton?

He's the best right back we've produced in this country since Frail ;), and has proven on an international stage that he's got what it takes.

I think it's great to see Scottish players getting big moves and being valued so highly. Raises the profile of Scottish football in general, and we should be proud of this.

I personally wish him all the best and playing against Ronaldo or Giggs can only make him a better player. Came back from a horrible injury a better player and was a big part of our near success in the Euro's.

True, but hes an overated player who is a s*** defender.

Hope his career goes down the pan.

Like the Murphy's i'm not bitter..........

Like the Murphy's i'm not bitter..........

Murphy was a great defender who could actually defend well and didnt get the "White Cafu" tag.

He will do well in England, Hutton wont IMO

alwaysthereinspirit
Why the negativity towards Hutton?

He's the best right back we've produced in this country since Frail ;), and has proven on an international stage that he's got what it takes.

I think it's great to see Scottish players getting big moves and being valued so highly. Raises the profile of Scottish football in general, and we should be proud of this.

I personally wish him all the best and playing against Ronaldo or Giggs can only make him a better player. Came back from a horrible injury a better player and was a big part of our near success in the Euro's.

Does raising the profile of Scottish football give Hearts a better chance of getting a fair decision week in and out by the powers that be. Scottish football is a joke and players like Hutton, Ferguson, Burke, Brown, Calderwood and the likes are why. Overated $#!te.

Does raising the profile of Scottish football give Hearts a better chance of getting a fair decision week in and out by the powers that be. Scottish football is a joke and players like Hutton, Ferguson, Burke, Brown, Calderwood and the likes are why. Overated $#!te.

Bit harsh on Colin, he hasn't played for Scotland since Craig Brown's time mate ;)

alwaysthereinspirit
Bit harsh on Colin, he hasn't played for Scotland since Craig Brown's time mate ;)

Fair point. The list is however endless.

Ah the t** has returned.

I never realised why you had hid away from KB for a while but now i realise it.

Have I hit a vein in your love for Alan Hutton

What have you realised???

Ah the t** has returned.

I never realised why you had hid away from KB for a while but now i realise it.

Have I hit a vein in your love for Alan Hutton

You jealous of my facial hair kearney?:rolleyes:

Anyway back on topic

I dont rate hutton, its silly money but I fail to see why scotlands right back and one of our best young players failing would bring anyone pleasure

I hope he goes on to become a top player, it can only be of benefit to us

Anyway back on topic

I dont rate hutton, its silly money but I fail to see why scotlands right back and one of our best young players failing would bring anyone pleasure

I hope he goes on to become a top player, it can only be of benefit to us

Why can it benifit us?

Cause hes Scottish?

Hes overatd and wont benefit Scotland anyway

I know what I'd prefer.

post of the thread really.

i want ALL scottish players to do well, except against us obviously. it can only be good for our profile, and the national team.

i don't have to like the guy, just so long as he does the business when he's in the scotland blue

Why can it benifit us?

Cause hes Scottish?

Name the right back alternative

Hes the best right back scotland have therefore him doing well is of benefit to us

Malcolm Tucker

Hope the laddie plays a blinder and I wish him all the very best.

Why anyone wouldn't want Scotland's best right back to do well I honestly do not know. If it wasn't for him, we'd have Graham Alexander or someone equally as gash playing RB for the national team.

I hate it when people want good players to fail just because of the team they used to play for. It's petty and childish.

Why can it benifit us?

Cause hes Scottish?

Did you see him against Lithuania? Ukraine? France? The world champions, Italy where he was the best man on the park?

How does him playing at a better level not benefit us!?

Malcolm Tucker
Why can it benifit us?

Cause hes Scottish?

Hey may be over-rated man (IMO, anyone who's sold for 9m is over-rated!), but he is the best RB Scotland has and he has masses of potential.

Over-rated? Yes. Bad player? Not even close.

Why can it benifit us?

Cause hes Scottish?

Can you honestly not see how a player, going to play in a better league with better players, and performing well - how is that not going to benefit Scotland??

Im not hijacking anything TBTR

Im expressing my opinion on Alan Hutton who can attack but is not a great defender.

Hes done well with Scotland yes, but even if he does well with the Spuds, I dont feel he will add more to the Scotland team.

Malcolm Tucker

Im expressing my opinion on Alan Hutton who can attack but is not a great defender.

Hes done well with Scotland yes, but even if he does well with the Spuds, I dont feel he will add more to the Scotland team.

Who would you rather have at RB?

Why not??:confused:

Hope the laddie plays a blinder and I wish him all the very best.

Why anyone wouldn't want Scotland's best right back to do well I honestly do not know. If it wasn't for him, we'd have Graham Alexander or someone equally as gash playing RB for the national team.

I hate it when people want good players to fail just because of the team they used to play for. It's petty and childish.

I was at The Man Utd game on Weds night, Ronaldo is something else.......met him in corp hospitality after the game too.

Anyway hope Hutton does well at Spurs, agree with wanting Scots to do well in the EPL.

:)

Hutton played very well today...... just a wee shame Tevez popped up with the last kick of the game to deny him his first win.

Archived