Things that happen in a match that annoy you.....

Flux

:mad:

3 man kick offs, they never work!

Going on the 'kick off' theme, i hate seeing eams who just lump it wide up the park for a throw in.

I like the kick-offs we do just now with Nade, he just runs at the opposition.

I also get annoyed at free kicks/corners that hit the first man.

Neilson/Goncalves throw-ins. They are so easy to defend it's unreal.

Short throws for me every time.

Also, I hate it when we're in a position where a quick throw would cause us to sustain a good attack, but we wait for one of the 2 jokers above to jog to the ball and take an eternity to throw it, letting the opposition get back and into place.

I sit high up in the Wheatfield Stand and whenever Banks gets the ball, we have acres of space on the left where Driver is.

If Banksy could only see this, we'd be one scud mille throw away from launching an attack.

Anyone else see this?

Buffalo Bill

Banks can't throw it that far. That's why he takes dropkicks really quickly instead.

I'm not suggesting Driver be up as far as the halfway line.

Forty yards up pitch would still be dangerous.

Surely Banks can throw a ball 40 yards.

You must be confusing him with Roddie Mckenzie!

Buffalo Bill

Also, I hate it when we're in a position where a quick throw would cause us to sustain a good attack, but we wait for one of the 2 jokers above to jog to the ball and take an eternity to throw it, letting the opposition get back and into place.

Long throws never work. You'd think a manager could work that out.

Carl Spackler

An opposition Winger standing out on the touch line waving for a pass out to him and Goncalves sitting in our penalty box behind our CB and ignoring him until the pass is made.

The other one was a Neilson long throw-in as already mentioned. We never do anything from them.

Trying to hang on to a lead by taking short corners and keeping it by the corner flag in the final minutes of a game.

Usually results in giving possesion back to the opposition within a few secs. Totally pointless and cowardly tactic.

Here's a novel idea why not just try to score another goal to give some breathing space. Best form of defence is attack and all that!

Goalkeepers committing a handball offense on the edge of the box as they kick or throw the ball out. Jens Lehman had a belter today. Seldom given.

SectionDJambo

Referees pointing to numerous, random areas of the pitch,usually in a circular motion, as they try to justify booking a player for a nothing challenge. No relation to the actual areas where they suggest that the previous fouls have taken place.

Long throws never work. You'd think a manager could work that out.

I honestly think Stevie Frail watches a different game from the rest of us.

I hate when defenders (including ours) shield the ball without attempting to play it, when it is going over the bye line, to prevent opposition player trying to play the ball.

This in my view is obstruction & referees should be ordered to award a free kick when this happens. Mind you the way we get treated does anyone think we would ever get a decision in our favour.

jeezo where do i start????

over protected goalkeepers,

the new 'twist' in the offside rule,

neilson/goncalves long throw ins,

playing one up front at home or against crap teams,

fans that dont do anything but shout abuse at our team throughout the whole 90 mins and clearly know feck all about football,

drunk fans running onto the pitch,

wingers that cant take a man on or constantly come inside.

i'll stop there as i could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on......

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Goalkeepers taking goal kicks from the other side of the 6 yard box to waste time. Gordon used to do that a lot!

Players staying down after a tap in the leg. :mad:

Gncalves constantly drifting in to the middle leaving players free on his side, he always ends up out of position and looks like a sweeper.

Changing the team around for no apparent reason.

Playing one up front at home.

Playing Kurskis in goals.

Corners that are too close to the keeper

Corners that don't beat the first man

Aiden McGeady

Randle P McMurphy

Players who only use one foot, often these are left footed players i.e. Goncalves, Palazuelos, Berra etc. This is fine if you are Maradona but for SPL players they really need to stay behind after training and work on their weaknesses. Andy Driver proves it can be done.

When Berra or Karipidis jump to clear the header and for example BOYD slyly pulls the shirt of one of them:mad:

I hate when defenders (including ours) shield the ball without attempting to play it, when it is going over the bye line, to prevent opposition player trying to play the ball.

This in my view is obstruction & referees should be ordered to award a free kick when this happens. Mind you the way we get treated does anyone think we would ever get a decision in our favour.

Was just about to post the same thing when I spotted your post.

Does my head in.Its ****** obstruction!

Sorry.

I hate Saturdays without the footie.:(

Short corners. :mad:

Aye that really annoys me as well, one of the few occasions in a game when a professional footballer has a chance to whip in a dangerous ball with no pressure on, yet they play it short!!! ****ing annoying likes

Everything Barry Ferguson gets off scot free with makes me throw stuff at the telly. I am convinced he could roger the referee's daughter on the penalty spot while wearing afeck the SFA T shirt and he'd still get let off with it and he'd still get a wee masonic handshake in the tunnel from the ref after the game. I fecking hate that wee cheating bassa and every ref that let's him off with murder, as for the Harlem Globetrotters thing on Wednesday if I hadn't been at the game the telly would have been oot the windae.

Penalty kicks not given when if the foul was outside the box you would have got the decision.

Fans that moan to stewards about players.

Hearts scarfs being thrown onto the pitch after a defeat.

English Premiership being the best in the world.

Free kicks from the half way line that go back instead of forward.At least punt it up to 18yd box.

quick free kicks. the old firm get away with it but everyone else has to take it when the ref says so ............................ also free kicks not taken from the right place (old firm again ) :mad::mad:

agreed. Have we actually ever scored from a long throw in? Ok, it may have it`s uses if your chasing the game and looking for a last minute goal, but thats ok if you`ve pushed everyone up. Earlier in games you don`t have so many in the box and it becomes a 50/50 ball.

Get the feckin ball into feet!

Before the game.

People collecting for 'charity' in the diggers.

Sorry, I know that was completely random.

Short corners do my absolute tits in.

So needless and always seem to result in losing possession and the opposition starting an attack of their own

Walls lined up at free kicks about 5 yards away.

Referees who think they're making a point by counting out the yards, with there steps getting smaller as they go, and players just edging back to where they were before he started to count it.

agreed. Have we actually ever scored from a long throw in? Ok, it may have it`s uses if your chasing the game and looking for a last minute goal, but thats ok if you`ve pushed everyone up. Earlier in games you don`t have so many in the box and it becomes a 50/50 ball.

Get the feckin ball into feet!

Cup final against Gretna.:)

Cup final against Gretna.:)

haha, red face for me then!;) But seriously, in all the times we use it it`s very rare something good comes off it.

Rock steady fandangs that stop and chat to each other right in front of my seat , and the constant slating of any player in a maroon jersey by 3 or 4 moany faced bassas in my seating vacinity.

Players passing the ball to the keeper, when under no pressure whatsoever, who then hoofs it first time so it either gets sclaffed / hooked straight out or flies right over the opposing centre halfs head at the far end.........feckin waste :mad:

Anyone mentioned the "friendly" drop balls? You know, pass it back to the opposition 'keeper guff?

Feck that! Either go for goal or stick the fit in!

Commander Harris

would it be overly harsh to say "when someone is foolish enough to pass the ball to Robbie Neilson"?

Referees counting 10 yards at free kicks by walking backwards. Going in reverse has the effect of reducing your stride by about half, and the result is an exclusion zone of 5-6 yards.

Before the game.

People collecting for 'charity' in the diggers.

Sorry, I know that was completely random.

same in the caley sample. get out the car, come in take the money then back into the car. gangsters im telling you :ninja:

Archived