david clarkson

jamboinheaven

Commander Harris
would fellow jambos want david clarkson ?

HE'S A DIRTY CHEATING *******!

decent player though.

It depends what we'd "want" him for.

As a player, no, as he's pesh.

He might cut it as a catering outlet operative however.

loveofthegame

Never been overly impressed with him. He's not bad but don't know if he'll ever be any better than what we've currently got upfront, and thats not saying much.

Gimme an H...

I trust that Csaba has seen enough of him to think he is a good enough player for Hearts.

So if we were to sign him, i'd be happy.

jamboinheaven
Csaba likes him , and Ian Black.

Told some journos on Sat. inc me

would def take ian black,but where would he fit it?

loveofthegame
Csaba likes him , and Ian Black.

Told some journos on Sat. inc me

Always quite liked Black too, but again don't think he'd be any better than what we already have. Not as good as Bruno anyway imo.

The silly season of gossip & rumour has started again, these threads should be in the rumour section!

This thread isnt a rumor though, just a bunch of opinions on David Clarkson...

jamboinheaven
This thread isnt a rumor though, just a bunch of opinions on David Clarkson...

thanks i certainly was not starting a rumour,i would love him at tynie

he is a decent player and would do a job for us but he would have to seriously change his ways. he's a cheating bassa of the highest order but doesn't have the rep for it (honest scottish laddie and all that guff). all that would change if he came to us.... apart from being scottish obviously.

It depends what we'd "want" him for.

As a player, no, as he's pesh.

He might cut it as a catering outlet operative however.

Is he better than...

Nade - maybe not

Mole - yes

Tullberg - that fact that has played a game... yes

would rather porter myself.

decent enough shout as he is not a bad player. Can't see him scoring that many goals though but needless to say still better than some of the options we have.

tommythejambo

I'd take Clarkson, he woudl work well with Nade I reckon, but we could do better.

As for Black, no.

If we got Clarkson, we'd get the spirit of Uncle Phil too.

2 players for the price of 1. Bargain.

True story.

Easy thing to say about Hunt but he was outwith our price range, Clarkson/Black were banded about a week ago-Hubs fancy Black also.

i would like darren mackie at hearts. that's if he can be prised away from the sheep brothel with willie mille and bawface calderwood filling his head with tales of them being the true 3rd force (snigger).

Guest juvehearts
Is he good on FM?

Naw |hes crap, nly moved to man city for 11million last season & only the one cap!!!

not really a player that would make a differene at hearts tbh, saying that he aint better or worce than what we have.

strickers this season so far maybe on shots on target, but he play's wide left or right when mcghee plays his 4-3-3 tacticts. its usually a choice between him or jamie murphy.

wouldn't take the pair, wouldmove favouriable towards murphy IF he can prove himself with motherwell's 1st team this season.

one for the future the youth coaches say!

lets hope so

Juve

clarkson.jpg

Naw |hes crap, nly moved to man city for 11million last season & only the one cap!!!

not really a player that would make a differene at hearts tbh, saying that he aint better or worce than what we have.

strickers this season so far maybe on shots on target, but he play's wide left or right when mcghee plays his 4-3-3 tacticts. its usually a choice between him or jamie murphy.

wouldn't take the pair, wouldmove favouriable towards murphy IF he can prove himself with motherwell's 1st team this season.

one for the future the youth coaches say!

lets hope so

Juve

He is better than Mole & Makela. Nade? Maybe not a better footballer but it more of an out and out striker and scores more goals. Tullberg has been injured the whole time and Glen can't even make the squad currently.

Strike rate this season (minutes/goal):

Clarkson 258

Nade 844

Mole 645

So I would have to disagree.

Would be a good signing, don't think it will happen.

Only thing wrong with this is I would change the word "good" to "great".

A striker who playes regularly? I'll go and pick him up now.

The silly season of gossip & rumour has started again, these threads should be in the rumour section!

You mean like your Stenhousemuir Youngsters thread ? :P

I doubt Motherwell would sell to us and i doubt he would come. Think he is decent though and in terms of putting the ball in the net he is better than anyone we currently have.

Guest juvehearts
He is better than Mole & Makela. Nade? Maybe not a better footballer but it more of an out and out striker and scores more goals. Tullberg has been injured the whole time and Glen can't even make the squad currently.

Strike rate this season (minutes/goal):

Clarkson 258

Nade 844

Mole 645

So I would have to disagree.

and if we all followed stats then hibs would have won the big cup!

we have too may strikers on our books, what or who you have forgotten to mention is clum & glen.

adding another striker is an option but not until we stop playing 4-4-1-1. somehow it is working just now, because the midfield is scoring goals, i will agree we need an out & out striker.

clarkson ain't the answer I'm afraid.

i cannot suggest to you another striker that will guarantee us 10,15,20 goals a season because out with the OF there is none & when their is they get snapped up pronto by our ugly sisters, examples within the last 5 seasons are..............

Rhat Bhoy,

Velicka,

Steven Neismith

Chris Boyd

Chris Killen

Scott McDonald.

Hearts will need to I'm afraid invest out with the UK or an non British player to have success of finding this striker, but not an unproven one that will cost us either ?0 or next to nothing.

looking around Europe I'm really struggling to find a mediocre player that ain't playing 1st team football in a better standard of league & that is either, not scoring goals or is banging them in.

Look at all you're top leagues in Europe & name on possible candidate that would be remotely interested in either signing or a loanee signing until the end of the season.

France, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Germany & Spain.

Then the lesser EU nations like Poland, Croatia, Romania, & the Czech Republic.

Also Scandinavia nations, Norway, Sweden Denmark & Finland.

Hearts are limited as to what we can bring in in terms of quality, IMHO David clarkson is not any better than clum, he is just a more confident player.

IF clum got his chance again (with confidence in his own ability) without the boo boy's he might do a job.

we also have Gary Glen who at the tail end of last season looked like a promising player but now he is being left out, plus branny is a striker also, i dint know the youth set up at the club well enough to know if any of the named players merit a 1st team place but it has surly better to try out these players 1st rather than making a panic buy like David Clarkson.

purely IMO ofcource, i would welcome the laddie ofcource but i personally don't see the point.

and if we all followed stats then hibs would have won the big cup!

we have too may strikers on our books, what or who you have forgotten to mention is clum & glen.

adding another striker is an option but not until we stop playing 4-4-1-1. somehow it is working just now, because the midfield is scoring goals, i will agree we need an out & out striker.

clarkson ain't the answer I'm afraid.

i cannot suggest to you another striker that will guarantee us 10,15,20 goals a season because out with the OF there is none & when their is they get snapped up pronto by our ugly sisters, examples within the last 5 seasons are..............

Rhat Bhoy,

Velicka,

Steven Neismith

Chris Boyd

Chris Killen

Scott McDonald.

Hearts will need to I'm afraid invest out with the UK or an non British player to have success of finding this striker, but not an unproven one that will cost us either ?0 or next to nothing.

looking around Europe I'm really struggling to find a mediocre player that ain't playing 1st team football in a better standard of league & that is either, not scoring goals or is banging them in.

Look at all you're top leagues in Europe & name on possible candidate that would be remotely interested in either signing or a loanee signing until the end of the season.

France, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Germany & Spain.

Then the lesser EU nations like Poland, Croatia, Romania, & the Czech Republic.

Also Scandinavia nations, Norway, Sweden Denmark & Finland.

Hearts are limited as to what we can bring in in terms of quality, IMHO David clarkson is not any better than clum, he is just a more confident player.

IF clum got his chance again (with confidence in his own ability) without the boo boy's he might do a job.

we also have Gary Glen who at the tail end of last season looked like a promising player but now he is being left out, plus branny is a striker also, i dint know the youth set up at the club well enough to know if any of the named players merit a 1st team place but it has surly better to try out these players 1st rather than making a panic buy like David Clarkson.

purely IMO ofcource, i would welcome the laddie ofcource but i personally don't see the point.

Clarkson is someone with a decent scoring record at this level. Something none of our strikers can claim to have. He can also play a bit too. We can't just rely on Nade, who isn't an out and out striker anyway.

I disagree, I think Clarkson is better than Clum. Confidence is also a good attribute to have anyway. If Clum is playing like that because he lacks confidence, I don't want him - too temperamental. I don't think he wants to play for us either.

I'd quite happily get rid of Mole, Makela and Clum, which only leaves us with Nade and Glen out of the first team, so I disagree we have too many strikers.

I think you've got this backwards. Once we add a decent striker (or two) we'll stop playing 4-4-1-1.

Clarkson in my opinion is a no mark ****ball who has traded on his "blessed" uncle's name to get away with more fouls per game than Boyd. I would play mr doggy cone for Hearts before him. you can bet your bottom dollar he would be carded more than Bowman

Archived