The Gullit Lounge - Who was the champion tipster?

Buffalo Bill

Now that the transfer window is shut, how successful was the introduction of The Gullit Lounge?

There were a few people saying that certain transfers were "a done deal", such as 'Deek' and the Polish goalie at Dundee Utd. Then of course there were the ‘football rumours’ website gossips, which is little more than just internet spam; or things like “Ian Dowie’: should we go for him?” type suggestions yet with “Ian Dowie for the Hearts job” titles.* I’m in no way advocating Dowie for manager. – He’s too ugly.

Rumours and counter-rumours are all part of football, but it became difficult on Kickback to sieve through all the threads, as to what was fact and what was fiction; and not least because most of the thread titles were so matter-of-fact-ish.

Then it got me thinking: who has the best record, percentage wise, in terms of predictions that weren’t some fallacy?

Who is the King of the tipsters?

Who knew Jack ****?

And how can we rate them in future; like a ‘rep’ system or league table?

How do I know who we’ve signed? Do I really have to wait until they make their debut?!

Now my own record stands at played one: lost one. I was told in January 2007 that the Garry O’Connor transfer was a done deal. The person who sent me the text had strong connections to the player’s agent. It was all a crock of ****, and I’ve never posted a transfer rumour since!

Please rubbish the rumour: not the poster who made it.

Peace.

Buffalo Bill

Why not have a worst tipster?

I'm sure one or two tipped through a GUARANTEED sources that Rangers were bricking themselves at having to keep Cousin because they couldn't afford Webster?

The Barry Nicolson was the worst for me, my mate phoned BN as was told categorically no-one had been in touch from ANY club yet the poster kept his charade going!!!!

There has been some ****e posted in there.

TBH, dont think the "Gullit Lounge" has really worked. It keeps some rubbish away from the terrace, but there is not enough threads started or posts made to warrant it been given its own section. Was worth a try though.

For my money the person who cut and pasted from football blah blah, and said it was inside info, good friend of the family etc.

I may be wrong, but men in white coats would probably not fancy tackling that one.

Wibble

I like it, I think its reduced the amount of garbage thats posted in here a bit. Always good to go to when you want a laugh anyway

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I genuinely have had a look in the Guillit Lounge once since it opened.

Load of pish and the majority of it comes from that football rumours website.

I genuinely have had a look in the Guillit Lounge once since it opened.

Load of pish and the majority of it comes from that football rumours website.

Take it you mean you havent had a look mate.

Other than the arguement thread that Susie started which i continued on once it had moved to the Gullit Lounge(it was too fun to give up on) i have never been back.

Im glad we have it as it keeps a lot of made up bull**** away from here

I like it, I think its reduced the amount of garbage thats posted in here a bit. Always good to go to when you want a laugh anyway

It didn't stop people posting their spam on the Terrace though.

Well done to the mods for getting rid of it so swiftly.

Buffalo Bill

Guest S.U.S.S.

I recon anyone that posted a done deal or from a friend in the know post should be banned. Total ***** with nothing better to do than lie on the board.

Trolling is against the rules and thats all they did.

Friends in the know!!! Some of them claiming to have friends should have set the alarm bells ringing.

There is enough crap on the board without others simply logging in to lie.

The White Cockade

unless anyone said Screpis would be the only signing then it was all kak from all tipsters

to be honest the people who thought we would pay decent money for Rasiak, Riordan, Skacel etc were deluding themselves

Vlad's pockets are tightly shut and have been for a while now

would be surprised if he even watches one more game before the end of the season

IMO - he's completely lost interest

Where does that leav Hearts?

Who knows...

The new stand (if it is built) should be named "The White Elephant"

Archived