stevie F---Please play Lee Wallace

its where we bide

its where we bide

I just cant watch that numpty Jose anymore, he really is the weakest link

I just stand to see him in a hearts shirt

Seymour M Hersh
I just cant watch that numpty Jose anymore, he really is the weakest link

I just stand to see him in a hearts shirt

Wrong the weakest link is at the right back position.

Jose isn?t as bad as some on here make out. Yep he?s ungainly and can be a bit slow to clear his lines resulting in a ricochet off whoever is closing him down but IIRC Wednesday was only the second time he?s been responsible for a goal (the other being his header against Motherwell in the league).

Jose isn?t as bad as some on here make out. Yep he?s ungainly and can be a bit slow to clear his lines resulting in a ricochet off whoever is closing him down but IIRC Wednesday was only the second time he?s been responsible for a goal (the other being his header against Motherwell in the league).

I tend to agree. Goncalves looked good when he came here, he has got steadily worse. A proper manager may get the best out of him. Having said that, at the moment I would not play him.

Thomson---Karipidis---Berra---Brown

Looks good to me.

the only problem is lee wallace is actually worse than jose

Sorry mate but that is nonsence. Lee done more in 5 mins than Jose has done all season! The guy is not a footballer, he cannot control a ball, does not know what to do when closed down, cannot pick a pass, seems to think he is playing CB and allows everything to come in through the left (watch how many goals we have conceeded from the left side of the pitch.

loveofthegame
the only problem is lee wallace is actually worse than jose

Absolute garbage. Wallace at least has a bit of ability to make a pass and take on a player- Jose has neither. While Wallace is far from the finished article we'd be better playing him than Jose, who has been consistently awful for months

Wallace must start against Gretna

loveofthegame

Jose has been at fault for a lot more than 2 goals mate, albeit sometimes indirectly. His awful lack of positional sense has been costing us all season. He's a massive part of why we've been conceding so many this season

Jose was awful in the CIS semi and Chris Burke torn him to shreds all game. Yes he is pacy but looks scared everytime a player runs at him or he needs to do something with the ball. I would bring back Wallace at left back in absence of other options and give Thomson a chance at RB to.

Jose is very hot and cold, sometimes he plays really well and then we have wednesday night. However i don't think Wallace is the answer either. In the current squad i would persevere with Jose. :eek:

Don't know exactly what happened to him in the semi against Hibs when he was crocked for about 10 minutes, but every since then he's been awful.

Up to then he looked really classy and composed.

loveofthegame
Jose is very hot and cold, sometimes he plays really well and then we have wednesday night. However i don't think Wallace is the answer either. In the current squad i would persevere with Jose. :eek:

I think persevering with someone playing so badly at the moment sends out a very bad msg to the rest of the squad, especially with an able deputy waiting in the wings in Wallace. Zaliuskas was dropped deservedly, now the same fate should await Jose

Queue ppl saying what about Robbie- ive agreed all season that hes awful, however there isnt any real alternative in his case, which in itself is a joke

I think persevering with someone playing so badly at the moment sends out a very bad msg to the rest of the squad, especially with an able deputy waiting in the wings in Wallace. Zaliuskas was dropped deservedly, now the same fate should await Jose

Queue ppl saying what about Robbie- ive agreed all season that hes awful, however there isnt any real alternative in his case, which in itself is a joke

I think whenever Wallace has played LB he has not looked to good either mate but i do agree with what you are saying. I just think Jose is the best of a bad bunch and other than Jose or Wallace i don't think we have anyone else. We could end up swapping wallace and jose every other week.

loveofthegame
I think whenever Wallace has played LB he has not looked to good either mate but i do agree with what you are saying. I just think Jose is the best of a bad bunch and other than Jose or Wallace i don't think we have anyone else. We could end up swapping wallace and jose every other week.

True and your point is valid mate. I just think at least Wallace could offer us something going forward and on the ball.

Its a tough one, which tbh doesnt matter too much for the remainder of this season. We're just going to have to persevere and hope/pray a new manager is put in place and can bring in 2 new FB's in the summer

Jose looked a bargain when we got him. Struggled with injury and ha struggled with form since.

There was also one in the first half versus Rangers where he headed the ball from a position to clear back in the danger area. It was basics for someone who is supposed to be playing at a decent level. A Manager may get the best out of him, think there are many in the squad who would benefit from that - that said, I am starting to run out of patience with Jose.

Dont see Wallace being the answer either though. His ball watching and leaving the man with cross field passes has never been sorted out. Again, this needs addressed on the training ground.

A settled back four is so important for any team who want to do well in football. As things stand the CH pairing is not too bad - the problems is on the flanks in defense.

Do we have better options though?

Are younger players ready?

All the weaknesses in the team are accentuated by the really big failing in the team. The strikers.

Lack of pace means that there is never an out ball over the top and means opponents can play with a very high line - pressing us back. Lack of ability to hold the ball means that the defenders and midfielders don't get a chance to move up the pitch. Limits our opportunities out wide.

Our midfield/defence never gets a break because of these factors. They never get a chance to reorganise. Add that to the poor coaching/positional sense of the likes of Goncalves and the lightweight midfields we play and you have a mess in defence.

We could have done a lot worse than look at Fernandez of Killie as a short term signing to play in the hole (assuming he has come back properly from that bad injury). We need someone like him who can hold the ball up.

Hearts tried to punt Jose on Thursday. Seemingly they are angry that he and a few other refused to go e.g loan, transfer etc.... Reason - money's too good at Tynie.

Rather than sign players before Deadline a Lithuanian delegation were actively trying to punt a few players on Thursday. However I actually agree - lets cut the squad down and try and improve the overall quality.

Screpis - seemingly he looks the part in training.

Hearts tried to punt Jose on Thursday. Seemingly they are angry that he and a few other refused to go e.g loan, transfer etc.... Reason - money's too good at Tynie.

Rather than sign palyers before Deadline a Lithuanian delegation were actively trying to punt a few players on Thursday. However I actually agree - lets cut the squad down and try and improve the overall quality.

Screpis - seemingly he looks the part in training.

Interesting.

Last year they put the players available on a transfer list on the club website. Didn't do that this year.

I guess that the reason for the players wanting to stay - and the club wanting them to go - is that the money is too good. It is going to be interesting to see if any of the players on big appearance money feature towards the end of the season.

Good news on Screpis.

We were offered ?1.4M for Jose and knocked it back because Vlad wanted ?2M. What a stupid thing to do. I actually think Jose has been OK but Neilson is an accident waiting to happen. The pass on Wednesday from edge of his box straight out the park was tremendous.

Ogi fae Gorgie

Jose, Lee and Robie should be replaced the three of them aren't good enough. IMO though Jose when he does the easy things is best out a bad bunch.

Jambof3tornado

Half of Jose's problems are made more noticeable because Berra doesnt yell at him when he goes out of position and tries to tuck in all the time leaving massive gaps out wide(which every team seem to punish us by easily sliding in a wide man up the wing). He looks like he should be able to handle anything thrown at him but sometimes just needs to keep it simple and on the occasions where he has burst forward he has looked like he could add to the attack,he just doesnt do it often enough.

Him or Lee Wallace,well both have their faults. LW is caught under too many balls if you ask me. Not a lot between them so play whoever is doing well in training,or until someone has a crap game then swap them over.

A good jose performance is far better than wallace

Wallace however is far more consistent and doesnt have many mares

For this reason Id put him ahead of Bambi

Jose has too many weaknesses in his game. We should have taken the offer in the summer because who in their right mind would pay a million or more for him now?

I would persist with Lee Wallace. He can make the grade if he gets enough games to settle in.

No easy answers at right back because in truth Robbie has also been poor. Would prefer Tall there rather than Karipidis.

The Puppeteer

Wallace is better going forward, no doubt about that, but in one of his rare starts at left back he cost us the game against Falkirk because of one of the most elementary and ridiculous pieces of bad positioning you'll ever see.

I'd say a huge number of goals conceded this season have been down to Jose's positional sense. May be a bit harsh, but let's face it, I've lost count of how many times he's given the right winger at least 10 yards to play a ball into the box and set up a goal.

At the same time though, I've lost count of how many of those goals Neilson was caught asleep for at the back post.

What does Johnny Brown have to do to get a game??????

Back 4 IMO of

Karapidis McGowan Berra Brown

The season's over, we ain't getting relegated, so let's bleed some youth into the team. Visconte and Kostadinov are due at least a place on the bench soon too.

jack D and coke
All the weaknesses in the team are accentuated by the really big failing in the team. The strikers.

Lack of pace means that there is never an out ball over the top and means opponents can play with a very high line - pressing us back. Lack of ability to hold the ball means that the defenders and midfielders don't get a chance to move up the pitch. Limits our opportunities out wide.

Our midfield/defence never gets a break because of these factors. They never get a chance to reorganise. Add that to the poor coaching/positional sense of the likes of Goncalves and the lightweight midfields we play and you have a mess in defence.

We could have done a lot worse than look at Fernandez of Killie as a short term signing to play in the hole (assuming he has come back properly from that bad injury). We need someone like him who can hold the ball up.

In a nutshell coco mate. Add to that we've had no one with any direct style coming from the midfield since Rudi and Hartley that can deliver any quality final ball or finish. People can go on and on about miko's and chesney's (and blaming robbie and jose or whoever else is at the back) but they contribute the square root of **** all to the team in an attacking sense. They're goals and assists ratio are shocking for forward players. We can't take the pressure of our defence because we couldn't score in a barrel of f*nnies!

Can't rememeber who posted it but an idea of maybe fining the pair of them every time they cut inside instead of hitting the byline sounds like a good idea to me cos they drive me mad with that sh*t week after week after week.

Jose Goncalves is not a footballer.

Never seen a player look so caught in the headlights when they receive the ball than he does. He can't head the ball and is constantly dragged out of position.

So, he can't head, he can't kick and he doesn't know where the hell he is meant to be.

Get him out.

winston churchill

a full back that thinks he is a centre half and keeps wandering in field,always stands 10 yards from the guy he is ment to be picking up.

take away his long throw and he has nothing left in his locker.

he is also a fully paid up member of the treatment room.

the sad/worrying thing is,vlad thinks he is a two million pound player.

loveofthegame
a full back that thinks he is a centre half and keeps wandering in field,always stands 10 yards from the guy he is ment to be picking up.

take away his long throw and he has nothing left in his locker.

he is also a fully paid up member of the treatment room.

the sad/worrying thing is,vlad thinks he is a two million pound player.

True, and even then i dont think he has ever ever ever ever found a Hearts player with one of those long throws. They're useless and just guarantee the opposition the ball back.

loveofthegame
and then we have neilson on the otherside:confused:

Yep, we have the 2 longest throwers in the league, woopty-****ing-doo!

Remember when Robbie won Julian's long throw competition on Scotsport SPL... I felt proud to be a Jambo that day- and ppl say that programmes poor!! And who can forget goalie keepy-uppy....

(LOTG tries to wake up from pleasant daydream......)

Banks, Brown, McGowan, Berra, Wallace.

I'd feel a bit better with that back 5.

Aye maybe Banks would be a better shout than Neilson at RB :)

Drylaw Hearts

Both our Fool Backs are hopeless.

Both should be forced to spend the remainder of the Season sitting in the Stand.

And training with the youths.

Jose Goncalves is not a footballer.

Never seen a player look so caught in the headlights when they receive the ball than he does. He can't head the ball and is constantly dragged out of position.

So, he can't head, he can't kick and he doesn't know where the hell he is meant to be.

Get him out.

Nor can he tackle - in summary, anything but a footballer.

Both Jose and Lee Wallace have talent and looked the part at times. However, they need good coaches and an onfield leader. Both will be excellent players in time. Robbie on the other is just cr*p and its no longer good enough to excuse his limitations with all the stuff about him being a model professional.

If Robbie had had to contend with the amount of balls fired Jose's way we'd have looked even more shambolic.

loveofthegame
Jose deserves to be dropped - no argument.

But let's not pretend that Wallace is the answer. He has had plenty of opportunities and shown himself to be complete mince.

You couldn't make a decent left back if you grafted the two of them together.

I never said wallace was the answer but in the circumstances should be put in in jose's place for at least the time being

loveofthegame
Jose is terrible, Lee Wallace will have to improve before he reaches the lofty heights of just being terrible.

Think thats harsh. LW does have some ability, Jose on the other hand does not

Let's see if you're right in the long term. Better judges than us were willing to shell out a fair bit of cash for him and you don't play for a Portuguese national side for no reason. If we'd still had Elvis directing the defence the lad would be worth millions IMO.

Think thats harsh. LW does have some ability, Jose on the other hand does not

loveofthegame
Let's see if you're right in the long term. Better judges than us were willing to shell out a fair bit of cash for him and you don't play for a Portuguese national side for no reason. If we'd still had Elvis directing the defence the lad would be worth millions IMO.

We will see if im right in the long term- better players than Jose have played for their national sides then gone nowhere.

And for what its worth i dont think Jose has actually been capped by the full national side, and hes played about once for the under 21s.

You dont have to be a great judge to see the boys awful- or certainly has been for us

Sorry to repeat myself. I said this on another thread.

Can anyone confirm what I thought I heard on Wednesday night?

i.e. Pat Nevin said that Jose was our best defender.

Sorry to repeat myself. I said this on another thread.

Can anyone confirm what I thought I heard on Wednesday night?

i.e. Pat Nevin said that Jose was our best defender.

He did.

I "LOL'd":confused:

Archived