Who's positive?

The Puppeteer

Are you positive or negative about the future of Hearts under Vlad?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you positive or negative about the future of Hearts under Vlad?

The Puppeteer

There's been many pointless polls on jkb (I'm sure you won't have to look far to find one) but let's get down to the nitty gritty and see where the Heart of kb'ers lies overall. Does the ratio of negative posts to positive actually represent the consensus of fans or are the negatives just punching above their weight while things aren't so rosey on the pitch?

A simple question. Who is positive about the future of Heart of Midlothian football club under the ownership of Vladamir Romanov and who isn't?

The Puppeteer

And please feel free to explain your reasoning behind your vote.

Personally I think that we've hit rock bottom in terms performances on the pitch - mainly due to the naievity of Vlad's approach to running the team and the difference in the standard of Scottish football compared to the countries that he already has a had in and while things have hit rock bottom on the pitch, off the field we are progressing beyond anything we could have hoped for before and the footballing side will follow.

And please feel free to explain your reasoning behind your vote.

Personally I think that we've hit rock bottom in terms performances on the pitch - mainly due to the naievity of Vlad's approach to running the team and the difference in the standard of Scottish football compared to the countries that he already has a had in and while things have hit rock bottom on the pitch, off the field we are progressing beyond anything we could have hoped for before and the footballing side will follow.

The strange thing is most weeks i think we have been playing

good football but not getting the breaks.:eek:

No one can judge by the highlights on tv.

Things are not as bad as they seem.:ninja:

things maybe going wrong at the moment but ive been through seasons where hearts were pap. gotta take the good times with the bad. im sure things will get better but thats part and parcel of bein a hearts supporter. im a jambo til i die and will continue 2 cheer them on no matter the team or off-field circumstances!!!!!!!!! CMON THE HEARTS!!!! **** THE HIBS!!!!!!!!!

I'm positive in the sense Vlad is here for the long run. I'm positive he is going to build a new stand plus hotel' restaurant office space. So for the future of hearts football club I'm positive .

But on team matters I'm not . I believe it is taking so long to get a new manager in is because he can't find one who is willing to let Vlad have a say in how things are run . (No one from Britain anyway.) I believe he will continue to bring over players from Lithuania and these boys will continue to get games even though we all now they are mince. We will continue to treat Players like 2nd class citizens . They will get p*ssed off and want to leave or they don't try a jot for us. (I must have missed it . Is tall injured)

I'm positive about Hearts future as a club but not as a team.

How can you be positive about someone who's running Hearts at a financial loss. If we could sell Concalves,Tall, Makela and Bednar for at least 2 million in the summer stop paying inflated wages to duds get rid of the fuds from Kaunas that would be a start to put Hearts on a financial better footing.

I worry Hearts could go bust over money more than the tripe they produce on the football field. I do think Hearts have good players equally as good as anyone outside the old firm. The problem is they aren't coached and that I'm sorry to say is down to Mr Frail. If Vlad is prepared to bankload Hearts he should allow a British chief executive and a British manager to run the show and leave well alone he can watch Hearts on tango TV in is favourite cafe.

He does not know what he is doing.

Here's why I'm positive (bear with me!):

The Plan

Pedro Lopez recently confirmed that HMFC 'have not spent' around ?10m that we got in transfer money last year. This, combined with a reduced wage bill, will mean that we'll have turned a decent profit and reduced the club debt - hopefully to around the level it was at befor Vlad arrived. The cost of the stadium development is estimated (with a well educated estimate!) at ?51m. The club hope to attract outside investment to the tune of ?21m, leaving the club to cover the remaining ?30m. Total club debt, by the time the stadium is complete, will be between ?40 and ?50m. Lopez estimates that the new profitable HMFC will be able to pay this off in around 10 to 15 years (?2.6m to ?5m profit per year). How? Through the extra income from additional seating, Corporate Hospitality (better than the Robbo lounge!), rental income from a Hotel, Gym, Serviced Apartments and shops.

The good news is that, for this to work (i.e. for Vlad to eventually make ANY money out of this) we have to be successful on the pitch on a sustained basis. How do we do this? We focus on the fact that, by 2010 (when the development is hoped to be complete), we need to have a decent team playing good football. This is why most of the focus over the past couple of years has been on attracting good quality young players and offering them long, well paid, contracts.

In order to attract ANY good mature players to HMFC, we need to have a good manager who will play attractive football. Hopefully (and it seems likely from recent selections/performances) Vlad has learned his lesson on the playing front - Frail seems to be 'in charge' and this is an important demonstration to any potential future managers that they will be allowed the same level of control. If Vlad steps in and sacks/demotes Frail now, before we have appointed 'the right man', we are back to square one. We are currently looking for a manager and we MUST have someone appointed by the end of this season (obviously though, the sooner the better!) This needs to be the right man who will be able to stay for the long term and help us achieve all of the above.

Why am I positive? Because Vlad is a 'money maker' and for him to make any money out of Hearts, we need to be successful in the long term. We have a plan, a 'vision' for the future and in a couple of years, we might actually be able to get there. Vlad's was never a short term plan (initiatives like the '7-Up' thing are further indications of his attempts to increase our long term support, increasing demand for the seats that we will soon have to fill) and he was never going to invest heavily in the current squad as demand for seats is already exceeding supply - that's what its all about, Supply and Demand.

I am not a 'Vlad Sheep' but I do 'Believe', but my belief is based on logic rather than a blind faith.

Nucky Thompson

I am positive because if you look at the bigger picture we will still be at Tynie in a bigger, better stadium, we have some of the best young players in Europe at our Academy. This time 3 years ago the bank wanted it's money back and we were almost homeless. All we need is a decent manager and I'm sure the feeling of euphoria we had in the summer of 2005 will return:)

Vlad is a clown who won't or can't change. He won't stop me going to watch Hearts but until he changes of leaves i have zero respected left for the man.

I'm seriously concerned that Romanov is only interested in making a profit from selling Hearts once the development including the new stand has been completed.

He has shown no interest in the football team of late and has allowed this side to go on unabated since George Burley was sacked.

With the completion of the new stand a minimum of 2 years away, then I predict the football team will be allowed to struggle along with minimum investment until Romanov sells up.

.....GB

Not really I see no evidence to suggest that a new manager will be appointed. The statement was nice, but unless backed up is just taking the p*ss.

We've heard statements generally going into every close season about looking for a manager. Basically only to appoint a clown.

With regard to the financial side. The level of debt is beyond control and is certainly in excess of our assets now and appears to continually rise, despite transfer income and wage reductions.

Not convinced the whole stand redevlopment idea is great. Unless Gorgie is subject to a pretty large redevlopment, I don't think it is the place for hotel, offices etc. Furthermore, I suspect that Hearts and Tynie will be seperated for a variety of reasons.

Also unless Vlad changes his ways, we will not fill our current stadium never mind and increased stadium. I supsect to fill a circa 25k stadium, we would need to be challenging year in year out for the title. I don't think we will.

This is what his 'speculate to accumulate' plan hinges on.

I suppose if we seen a competant manager appointment with full automy improve things on the pitch, it would make me more optimistic. However, I seen no reason why the construction of new stadium will solves all our problems and suspect it will end up being a white elephant.

I share some of these concerns.

My biggest one is how UBIG plan to finance the stadium development.

Thunderstruck

What is the point in supporting a football team if you can't be optimistic and positive! It is the essence of the typical Jambo.

What is the point in supporting a football team if you can't be optimistic and positive! It is the essence of the typical Jambo.

Were you positive about the way that the Pieman was running the club when he was overspending on player wages?

Do you think Dundee supporters should have been optimistic and positive when they had Sara and Canniggia up front for them?

Or when Leeds were in the semis of the Champions League?

I am positive that everything will come good.

At the moment I am extremely frustrated.

Vlad has said he is going to appoint a proper manager which he has to deliver. He will surley know that if he doesn't then no one will believe. No one.

But until that comes we are stuck with a management team and playing staff that oozes mediocrcy (Spelling?). I am just going to try and make the most of the rest of the season and not take anything seriously. We won't go down and we are not going to finish in the top 4 with the genius that is Stevie Frail in charge. Frail by name. Frail by nature.

Roll on next season with a new manager, new players and new optimism........hopefully.

Were you positive about the way that the Pieman was running the club when he was overspending on player wages? Bar the Tynecastle sale on the whole yes.

Do you think Dundee supporters should have been optimistic and positive when they had Sara and Canniggia up front for them? Yes they should have been and they were.They bought good crowds to Tynecastle as well.

If you cannot take positives out a champions league semi final you are definetly a glass half full man.:)

As the post above says frustrated.is the word to use.

If you cannot take positives out a champions league semi final you are definetly a glass half full man.:)

All 3 of those were enjoy the moment, but you know the hangover is coming stuff.

The Tynecastle sale was only going ahead because the Pieman was spending so much on player wages. And at the time our fans were demanding higher spending on wages and protesting when players were sold!

Same with Dundee and Leeds. Enjoy it while you can because the hangover comes.

The Romanovs clearly couldn't afford the squad of 2005-6 and we are in the hangover and cost cutting phase now. I enjoyed that season but was well aware of the cost cutting which would have to come. And if the Romanov's can't afford their no problem ?10m per season - can they afford to carry out the stadium redevelopment?

The Puppeteer
All 3 of those were enjoy the moment, but you know the hangover is coming stuff.

The Tynecastle sale was only going ahead because the Pieman was spending so much on player wages. And at the time our fans were demanding higher spending on wages and protesting when players were sold!

The Romanovs clearly couldn't afford the squad of 2005-6 and we are in the hangover and cost cutting phase now. I enjoyed that season but was well aware of the cost cutting which would have to come. And if the Romanov's can't afford their no problem ?10m per season - can they afford to carry out the stadium redevelopment?

But had we qualified for the Champions League we would have easily afforded the 10m a season. We didn't and cut-backs had to be made because we couldn't afford to continue that outlay in the short term. However the stadium development is about increasing revenue for the club and the the team after an initial outlay which Vlad can easily afford to take on.

It's speculate to accumulate. But, unlike the teams mentioned above, the speculation is taking part off the pitch, which is far more guaranteed to secure the long term future of the club than blowing a load of money on players and hoping to qualify for the CL every year.

Maybe the Romanovs were trying to do too much at once.The developing of the stadium is a massive project.Time,Money and Patience needed.The money seems to be there so for that alone everything is in place for the stadium.So that makes me positive.On the playing side we have players who should beat most teams but are not doing so.Frustration through Romanov not getting the right coaches/manager for the job though is to blame for this.Nothing else.Cutbacks do not really go along with that.What good players have we offloaded through them.Okay until the stadium is built we will not have the same budget as we once had but i see no problem with that.

I want to be positive but I can't justify it so long as the club continues to be run the way it is. After an initial burst of enthusiasm in the Burley era, the club has gone steadily backwards on and off the field. We have lost quality players (or in the case of Bednar given them away when they should be doing the business for the JTs) and brought in expensive but mediocre replacements who are just not delivering. Meanwhile the debt is getting out of control.

Vlad may have ambitions for the club but he has demonstrated time and again he does not know how to deliver it. What happens when he realises that for himself and decides to move on to another project?

Vlad, IMO, has fed us far too much pish in a short space of time. I honestly cannot see a way forward for Hearts under this regeim. I always had some reservations of Vlad's vision for us, and he has systematically undone what was sure to be exciting times ahead in the past 2 years.

2 seasons running, Hearts have had a period of 10 games or so without hardly any points. A team like us shouldn't have to suffer endless defeats from smaller teams weekly!

But had we qualified for the Champions League we would have easily afforded the 10m a season. We didn't and cut-backs had to be made because we couldn't afford to continue that outlay in the short term. However the stadium development is about increasing revenue for the club and the the team after an initial outlay which Vlad can easily afford to take on.

It's speculate to accumulate. But, unlike the teams mentioned above, the speculation is taking part off the pitch, which is far more guaranteed to secure the long term future of the club than blowing a load of money on players and hoping to qualify for the CL every year.

Yes the transfer window prior to the CL qualifying games clearly showed the ambition. Skacel and Webster out. Karipidis and Tall in the centre of midfield.

If Hearts have to pay part of the ?51m stand redevelopment - what extra revenue from the new stand is expected to go into the playing staff? Who says that Vlad can easily take on the stand redevelopment cost? ?10m per year budget used to be 'no problem'. It is all owed to themselves after all.

Maybe the Romanovs were trying to do too much at once.The developing of the stadium is a massive project.Time,Money and Patience needed.The money seems to be there so for that alone everything is in place for the stadium.So that makes me positive.On the playing side we have players who should beat most teams but are not doing so.Frustration through Romanov not getting the right coaches/manager for the job though is to blame for this.Nothing else.Cutbacks do not really go along with that.What good players have we offloaded through them.Okay until the stadium is built we will not have the same budget as we once had but i see no problem with that.

Yes on top of the cost cutting and vengeance against certain players which has meant most of our best players have been pushed out - you have the Romanov/Malofeev/Chernenkov/Ivanauskas/Rix/Frail/Korobotcha football management committee experiment.

What about when the stadium is built - and the budget for the playing staff has to go down to pay for the stand? That's every bit as possible as it going up.

we have some of the best young players in Europe at our Academy.

There is absolutely NO evidence of that and frankly it is an embarassing statement to make.

But had we qualified for the Champions League we would have easily afforded the 10m a season.

Standing in the Murrayfield Hotel having a few pre match drinks the team news came through fro the AEK match. It was clear to every man and his dog that whilst claiming 2nd in the league had been an achievement it was the height of any ambitions Romanov had and it was patently obvious our Champions League adventure would be over before it had started. He never gave us any chance of making that 10 million so the speculate to accumulate is a falicy.

alwaysthereinspirit

You cant be positive because day to day we have no idea what is going on at Hearts. We're not run like a normal football club. We're not even run like a normal business. Its difficult to be upbeat supporting Hearts right now.

alwaysthereinspirit
I am positive because if you look at the bigger picture we will still be at Tynie in a bigger, better stadium, we have some of the best young players in Europe at our Academy. This time 3 years ago the bank wanted it's money back and we were almost homeless. All we need is a decent manager and I'm sure the feeling of euphoria we had in the summer of 2005 will return:)

Who says that they're some of the best youngsters in Europe? Hearts? Obviously they're not going to tell us they have some of the worst. I have seen nothing in reserve results or kids coming through the ranks to believe we're any better of than any other team with regards to youngsters.

I've spent fifty years being postive about Hearts and don't see any real reason to be otherwise, even under the present owner. I'll be a lot happier once we get a decent manager into place and things start to move on the stadium re-development front - but I'll continue to try and have a positive outlook no matter what.

Im have voted negative.. as i im still very suspicious about romanov. Nobody really knows whats going on at hearts except him.

I am however positive when it comes to what stevie frail is doing. We are progressing with him in charge and im happy to have him as manager for the next few weeks. This is all based on results though. if we lose the next 2 games its new manager time.

Who says that they're some of the best youngsters in Europe? Hearts? Obviously they're not going to tell us they have some of the worst. I have seen nothing in reserve results or kids coming through the ranks to believe we're any better of than any other team with regards to youngsters.

Exactly. As a club we have managed to bring through 2 strikers of quality in over 25 years. I won't hold my breath hoping the alleged 'wonderkids' contribute a 3rd.

Thunderstruck
Were you positive about the way that the Pieman was running the club when he was overspending on player wages?

Do you think Dundee supporters should have been optimistic and positive when they had Sara and Canniggia up front for them?

Apologies, I didn't realise that having an optimistic outlook was now a crime.

To question 1, yes. And, to be clear, was positive when Wallace was in charge and was positive when the earlier regimes were in charge. In short, If I wanted an easy life, I would go over to the dark side and follow OF, ManU, Arsenal or Chelsea. Negativity helps nobody, least of all yourself.

As to you other points - they may well have been. Go ask them and find out but it is irrelevant to whether my state of mind is positive or negative.

Apologies, I didn't realise that having an optimistic outlook was now a crime.

To question 1, yes. And, to be clear, was positive when Wallace was in charge and was positive when the earlier regimes were in charge. In short, If I wanted an easy life, I would go over to the dark side and follow OF, ManU, Arsenal or Chelsea. Negativity helps nobody, least of all yourself.

As to you other points - they may well have been. Go ask them and find out but it is irrelevant to whether my state of mind is positive or negative.

Good for you.

I'm glad that you were positive as the club tried to sell Tynecastle.

Thunderstruck
Good for you.

I'm glad that you were positive as the club tried to sell Tynecastle.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall Tynecastle having been sold. So, my positivity seems to have been justified. Incidentally, perhaps you could enlighten our readers as to who was responsible for Tynecastle remaining the home of Hearts.

Since taking full control almost two and a half years ago it has all been downhill. He emptied the current Scotland manager and Phil Anderton. Appointed a joke manager in Rix replacing him with a puppet called Valdas. We won the Cup and finished second down to the inspirational leadership of Pressley.

The next season we then had the joys of Malothief. Then we had the Riccarton three, who have all been moved on along with all other Burley signings. We then had Statler and Waldorf plus Sh aggy.

The lastest tripe has been about appointing a decent manager. It ain't going to happen. :(

Nucky Thompson
Since taking full control almost two and a half years ago it has all been downhill. He emptied the current Scotland manager and Phil Anderton. (
There was me thinking it was Vlad who employed them two and a half years ago:confused:

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall Tynecastle having been sold. So, my positivity seems to have been justified. Incidentally, perhaps you could enlighten our readers as to who was responsible for Tynecastle remaining the home of Hearts.

As I said before good for you. Must be nice to whistle a happy tune all the time ... as during the Pieman era and the current era I was and am not so blase about the future.

So far Romanov has been responsible for Tynecastle remaining the home of Hearts. He deserves and has had a lot of plaudits for that. I am delighted with that.

But his era isn't over yet.

john brownlee

I'm positive

Still at Tynecastle

One scottish cup

champs league football

eufa football

wins over the uglies

biggest crowds at Tynecastle since its been an all seater stadium

Seeing Barca play Hearts at the biggest football crowd ever to attend murryfield

Some really good quality players to wear the famous maroon

These are just a few of the things that have made me feal positive about Hearts and Mr Romanov. It was Mr Romanov who made these things possible.

I still believe and still on the train and I am real, contrary to popular belief

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

Archived