Lets analyse Vlad

david mcgee

A highly successful business man.

From humble beginings. ( selling Beatles records from a car boot)

Fairly rapid growth in wealth, with a finger in many pies.

Reasonable to assume that he is ruthless in his quest for wealth and power.

( probably a bit of small man syndrome)

Sought to buy into a number of football clubs before finding a suitor with Hearts.

Does this mean he has any affinatey with the club?

He says he is a football lover, but he no longer comes to watch.

Is it not far more likely that we were a stepping stone to promote his bank?

How likely is his bank to succeed in Scotland with the reputation he has built for himself?

How happy do you think he is with the abuse, media reaction and racist comments about him and his fellow Country men?

Is the selling of assets and his failure to invest in the playing side a sign?

Has he spat the dummy oot?

A

How likely is his bank to succeed in Scotland with the reputation he has built for himself?

A friend had a meeting with representatives of Ukio Bankos. When he asked them if they expected to get Scottish customers he was answered with the information that they don't expect any, they are after the Eastern Europeans in Edinburgh.

Maroon & White

To be honest I sometimes think Vlad's actually a bit mental and would benefit from seeing a psychiatrist :confused:

He has worked under dictatorship before. Maybe that left too much of a lasting impression. :mad:

A highly successful business man.

From humble beginings. ( selling Beatles records from a car boot)

Fairly rapid growth in wealth, with a finger in many pies.

Reasonable to assume that he is ruthless in his quest for wealth and power.

( probably a bit of small man syndrome)

Sought to buy into a number of football clubs before finding a suitor with Hearts.

These attempts at 'analysing' Vlad are daft. They've been de rigeur ever since the bloody Sun newspaper printed that profile by an alleged psychiatry professional and it was the biggest load of nonsense I think I've ever read about him. How they could have come to their 'professional' conclusions about him without having ever even spoken to him, I do not know. And since when did someone have to have small man syndrome to be ruthless in a quest for wealth and power? Jeezo. Talk about wild guesses and making a stab in the dark...the worst thing being that so much of this drivel comes directly from what the papers have printed about him and some have taken it as gospel.

Does this mean he has any affinatey with the club?

He says he is a football lover, but he no longer comes to watch.

Give the man a break, he does have other businesses to run and television programmes to appear in y'know. Seriously though, he has explained that a few times now. At first he wanted to get to know the club properly, see how things worked, get his own management team in doing things etc. Now he has a team he knows and trusts, he doesn't have to be around as much. He watches the games, we know that. It would be nice to see him there more often but we have to be realistic. Anyway, it's unlikely it would do much for his 'affinity' to hear the abuse (some of which is ridiculous) he's routinely getting from a section of the support - probably makes the club a little less loveable.

Is it not far more likely that we were a stepping stone to promote his bank?

We are quite likely to have been part of his plans for his bank and what's wrong with that? Don't tell me Abramovich hasn't used Chelsea to further his own business interests in the UK or that Ecclestone/Briatore/Mittal won't be doing the same with QPR?

As for how likely he is to succeed, it would seem that he's pretty well known and accepted in business circles. He's a regular visitor to the City Chambers, he's chummy with various bigwigs and UKIO even sponsored the Scottish Politics awards last year. Fortunately, these people aren't prone to reading too much into what the tabloids say about him and judge him by other criteria - and they reckon he's okay. Take from that what you will.

How happy do you think he is with the abuse, media reaction and racist comments about him and his fellow Country men?

I reckon he'll be pretty disgusted with it and quite rightly too. Sadly it probably just makes Scots look like a bunch of narrow-minded, backward, xenophobic ****holes and other foreign business people have probably been watching it with similar horror. But hopefully he knows that the Glasgow media aren't representative of the country as a whole and pays as little attention to it as possible.

Is the selling of assets and his failure to invest in the playing side a sign?

Has he spat the dummy oot?

When you say 'selling of assets' I assume you mean selling players? I don't know if you're heading in this direction but the asset stripping argument is just weird. The wage bill was too high and he sold off some players at exactly the right time. We got a great price for CG, Hartley and Rudi. He does invest in the playing side of things, he just didn't bring anyone new in this transfer window...possibly because there's no chance of us getting into Europe this season and shelling out is pointless before we have a new manager. He got it wrong this season, maybe he's putting it down to experience and gearing up to start afresh this summer with a new manager and THEN some new faces?

Afer his 'Mowgli" post on the official web site, how can anyone think he has anything other than, as they say here..'kangaroos in the top paddock'!!

the worst thing being that so much of this drivel comes directly from what the papers have printed about him and some have taken it as gospel.

Correct and most of them just read the headlines anyway or pick the bits out that suit their agenda. Which are normaly written by the monkey not direct quotes:mad:

Archived