ewan murrays article in the guardian

pivotno1

well written account of how we are getting totally shafted by referees and the sfa,if anyone could post a link,its well worth a wee read.

"Mikoliunas has subsequently been subjected to booing from opposition fans on his every appearance for his club this season, including, notably, Rangers supporters in a rare outbreak of Scottish nationalist sentiment on Wednesday evening."

Legend. Good call.

john brownlee

send your grevences to [email protected] the more the meerier I sent mine hoping that on principle if you complain enough some one will listen I prepose to email after every game not only highlighting the uincedents but the newspaper report as they now seem to be noticeing the racisim in scottish football

"Mikoliunas has subsequently been subjected to booing from opposition fans on his every appearance for his club this season, including, notably, Rangers supporters in a rare outbreak of Scottish nationalist sentiment on Wednesday evening."

Legend. Good call.

this was my favourite quote:

while Rangers' Barry Ferguson was torn between playing basketball and football in setting up the opening goal of Wednesday's CIS Cup semi-final.

badly drawn boy
this was my favourite quote:

while Rangers' Barry Ferguson was torn between playing basketball and football in setting up the opening goal of Wednesday's CIS Cup semi-final.

Great stuff Ewan , probably as far as you can push the sentiment without cries of bias

Its embarrassing how bad this is becoming , how other countries must be looking at us and making their own judgement as to what kind of forward thinking country we are

The insular media reporting , the nod and the wink against the foreign contingent but hey when its one of our own , just play on

Pathetic

The trouble with this sort of thing is that all clubs think that they have grievances against referees.

All teams have divers, cheats and hackers (we don't have enough physical players who like to tackle but that is another matter). Only us have had the owner accusing referees of taking money, the club officially questioning the integrity of decisions etc. That idiotic attitude from the club in the last 3 seasons will subconsciously affect the referees.

I am told by someone who knows him that Alan Freeland is a very nice chap. But he is appalled by Romanov's attitude towards officials. (my view is that Freeland is an utterly incompetent but well meaning referee by the way).

I think we all know that Rangers and Celtic get the majority of decisions. The fear of window smashing and the noise their fans make influence the referees at least subconsciously. Romanov's actions will also influence the referees subconsciously.

It doesn't help when our club has been riven with indiscipline from top to bottom. The dissent/indiscipline has improved slightly from the nadir of the Elliot/Kurskis/Stewart/Zaliukas sendings off - but even on Wednesday Velicka had enough dives rightfully waved away by McCurry to have been booked a number of times. At just about the same time in the match Mikoliunas should have been given a number of fouls but they were all waved away. You reap what you sow.

"i Rangers supporters in a rare outbreak of Scottish nationalist sentiment."

That was a classic!

Hearts Heritage
The best article I've read in a long while. Are the media begining to open their eyes?

Ewan has always had a totally fair viewpoint.

IMG_3128.jpg

Nearly Ewan but not quite,

Instead of citing Grainger, you should have used Darren Barr for feigning injury against Hibs, leading to a sending off. Then you have point about dishonour amongst thieves.

Or Clarkson being both a diver and a thug.

Carl Spackler

Sadly, whilst other teams carry on as normal Hearts are going to have to remain whiter than white for the injustices to continue to be highlighted. We never were any worse than anyone else but neither were we innocent. The Miko incident just validated, in their eyes, much of what our detractors had been saying previously, that we were the cheats and everyone else was honest.

I would like to see Hearts continue as they have in the last few weeks and play without any form of simulation even if "taking the foul" would be entirely justified. Let other teams do as they will.

Sadly, whilst other teams carry on as normal Hearts are going to have to remain whiter than white for the injustices to continue to be highlighted. We never were any worse than anyone else but neither were we innocent. The Miko incident just validated, in their eyes, much of what our detractors had been saying previously, that we were the cheats and everyone else was honest.

I would like to see Hearts continue as they have in the last few weeks and play without any form of simulation even if "taking the foul" would be entirely justified. Let other teams do as they will.

I entirely agree. It has been very noticeable in the past few games that there has been no dissent, no questioning of decisions etc. (apart, understandably, from after Ferguson's basketball move on Wednesday) and this must be deliberate policy. Miko's reaction to his yellow card at Aberdeen (no reaction) ensured that he was the only one who came out of that incident with any integrity.

the performances of 99% of referees this season have been the worst in living memory,and we have been harshly treated over the last few weeks,

it says a lot for the club to have kept quiet,imagine that little tosser strachan being on the end of some of the decisions thats went against us lately.especially the basketball incident on wednesday.the sfa are truly an embarrassment to world football.

The commentators on the bbc have alot to answer for the fuss they make when a Hearts/ lithuainian dive's is outragous compared any other player does it. The difference between how they treated Lee Millers antics to Miko's was shocking on saturday. The same goes for the Velika/barr incident compared to Stewart against gretna. These are just of the top of my head but im sure the list is endless. Im just glad others on the outside have began to notice.

What worries me is that opposition players now realise that they have a better than even chance of getting away with fouls & handballs, especially in the box. As a result will commit many more offences than they normally would against us, because they think that the refs will ignore them.

I think this has already happened, and the only way we can prevent it is to make official complaints (where merited) against referees on the basis of incompetency.

Archived