The "things you really hate" thread

Domokun

I can't stand:

1.People who act in underhand ways.

2.Inequality in all various shapes and forms.

3.Hibernian.

4.Jokes that aren't funny.

5.Bad grammar.

6.Derek Riordan

7.Bad manners.

8.People who don't indicate when turning right on a roundabout but indicate to tell us they're exiting one.

I've got loads more, just give me some time.

9.I hate misplaced civic pride/national pride.

10.The fact everyone on JKB is labelled a hat-kicker, Vlad-sheep, etc

11.Difficult clients at work.

12.Time wasters in general.

13.There's never a public bog within 3 miles when you're genuinely gonna pish yourself.

14.?80 fines for pishing in public. (even if it's behind a bush no-one can see you from)

15.Microwave meals.

16.The number 33 bus.

17.First Scotrail.

18.All the old farts at the Tory Party Conference.

Affluenza

The continual degradation of culture in this country due to ignorance, materialism and laziness.

Avacado

'Inde' - things that try hard to be seen as 'inde' despite the fact they have huge marketing budgets and are cynically manufactured - like the film Juno ;)

Celebrity culture (the term is a bit of an incongruity)

Lad's mags

The Sun

Feminists

Lowri Turner

19.Pesto.

20.Chicken soup

21.Mushrooms

22.When ASDA or Tescos move the aisles about to trick you into impulse buying.

23.Motor factor employees who've never picked up a spanner in their lives.

24.Repeated phone calls at my house for "Mr Campbell" Whodafekishe!!!!?

25.The word "innit"

26.People who are, like, waaaay too Americanised, man.

27.The rudeness of older people towards younger faces.

28.Government health warnings.

29.Reality TV of all kinds. (apart from The Baby Borrowers :o)

30.Forgetting to go to the bank before crossing the Forth bridge and getting a wee yellow ticket (no' for much longer though)

31.1 inch of snow causes widespread traffic chaos.

32.Line Dancing.

loveofthegame

People who don't acknowledge you even though you know fine well they know who you are, or pick and choose when they wanna speak to you. A lot of ***** at uni like that

People who dont say thank you when you hold a door open for them!

Ignorance and arrogance- my 2 pet hates!

The insidious loss of our language as it is being replaced by americanisms.

Teenagers saying ass or butt for example.

We are British, we say arse in this country.

Also the creep of Glaswegian language across Scotland. We do not call children weans on the east coast. We have bairns over here.

And the loss of old words. Neds never existed in Edinburgh, keelies is/was our word.

The insidious loss of our language as it is being replaced by americanisms.

Teenagers saying ass or butt for example.

We are British, we say arse in this country.

Also the creep of Glaswegian language across Scotland. We do not call children weans on the east coast. We have bairns over here.

And the loss of old words. Neds never existed in Edinburgh, keelies is/was our word.

Spot on, on all counts. "Schemies" as well. Folk from the likes of Livi with half weegie accents really gets my goat.

33.Little Britain.

34.Camp "comedians".

35.The word "Jock"

36.Squeaky bedsprings (don't have them now, but when I lived with parents - nightmare!)

37.Cyclists riding side by side with each other (just demanding to be flattened)

38.Hearts' record in cup semis vs bigot inc.

39.The Yorkshire accent

40.Potholes

Glasgow.

The SFA.

41.Eckauskas

42.Eckauskas-style banter. (happy birthday mate - why back posting so soon?)

41.Eckauskas

42.Eckauskas-style banter. (happy birthday mate - why back posting so soon?)

I never made it out, contracted tonsilitis and a fever from watching that garbage on Wednesday.

Birthday's not til Monday, but thanks for the shout :)

I never made it out, contracted tonsilitis and a fever from watching that garbage on Wednesday.

Birthday's not til Monday, but thanks for the shout :)

That's baws. Did the rest of the team still go out?

43.Crap Hearts team-induced sore throats.

44.Crap Hearts teams.

People smoking while you are walking with them/smoking outside your front door and somehow assuming the smell won't come in

LOL

People adding you on facebook/bebo when they don't know you

The excessive use of words such as random and banter

That's baws. Did the rest of the team still go out?

43.Crap Hearts team-induced sore throats.

44.Crap Hearts teams.

Dunno tbh, Toggie was meant to be, but I noticed he was on here for a bit earlier.

Gonna reschedule for another night.

45. Mike McCurry

1. Smelly People on buses

2. First Bus

3. Neds who think people like DJ Rankin

4. Randoms who talk ****e

5. People who don't understand bus lanes

6. people who dont understand indicators

7. people who take the internet too seriously

8 . *****s who abuse people simply because they are intellectually challenged themselves and cant compete on a level regarding the topic

9. People who live their lives on the internet and count there best pals as "Msn buds"

CompleteIdiot
People smoking while you are walking with them/smoking outside your front door and somehow assuming the smell won't come in

LOL

People adding you on facebook/bebo when they don't know you

The excessive use of words such as random and banter

1. Whiny anti-smokers.

R Kelly

Good shout.

45.P Diddy

46.Big scary dugs not on leads.

47.10 year-olds in East Calder shooting at you with air guns (maybe it's just me)

48.People who spoil for fights in pubs and clubs - "you starin' at me, c***"

49."Black" culture invading middle-class white suburbia. (It ain't ghetto)

50.UK born Muslim terrorists.

51.UK born people who don't speak English as a 1st language (excluding Welsh or Gaelic)

52.Junk mail & junk email

53.Arnold Clark salesmen who always try and get you to work for them.

54.Furniture warehouses and their constant "sales"

55.Novelty telephones (of the house variety)

56.People who are terrified in their own homes for no apparent reason.

57.Standing in dog crap

58.When you're on the phone and someone says "you got a pen handy" - You do, in fact you have 178 of them, but none of them work.

People who moan about people moaning about smoking. :)

59.People who moan about people who moan about people moaning about smoking ;)

Sheriff Fatman
1. Whiny anti-smokers.

Now there's something I can agree with you about.

60 Ex-smokers, they are worse than Born Again Christians for constantly preaching at you.

60.Public schoolboys with no life experience who then go on to run the country.

61.New Labour

62.The cost of fuel

63.High Street "fashion"

64.Forgetting to take the bins out.

65.Crowds of mental competitive shoppers in the festive sales.

66.Eco-warriors.

67.Church groups who wage war on things like strip clubs.

68.Sat-nav which takes you the wrong way, expecially in Livingston.

69.Livingston.

70.While we're at it: Glenrothes, Glasgow, Methil.

71.Tractors on A roads.

72.The Edinburgh City Bypass.

73.Royal visits

74.Jehovah's Witnesses coming door-to-door

75.Those guys who walk about naked in swimming pool changing rooms for obscene amounts of time making you feel rather uncomfortable and making you feel you should do it too just to prove you're not ashamed of the size of your willy.

76.Sportscene Rugby Sunday

77.American sitcom humour (for the most part)

78.Needless EU bureaucracy (straight bananas?)

79.Emos

80.Shops which don't sell everyday items such as Skittles, Oasis Summer Fruits and Doritos (there's a market for it, muppets!)

81.When a young child smiles at you and you smile back you instantly feel you've done something wrong and check if anyone's clocked you, even though you're out with your own son.

Men that wear skinny jeans.

Men that wear they stupid cardigans which are supposedly in fashion.

Hippies. ie those that are like legalise cannabis, peace dude, homosexuality, feminism, save the world - I don't have anything against the things I have listed but just the hippies. Fuds.

People that don't know how to use full stops, commas, etc when posting - it is coming a lot more common on here and makes it solid to read.

Everything Glasgow.

Toxteth O'Grady

All politicians

Edinburgh Council

Lothian and Borders Police Force

Useless, the lot of them

Political correctness

Hand wringers

Hibs, sellik and their disgusting fhans

Smokers

Anything green

Cyclists

Environmentalists

SNP

Scottish Nationalists

Tartan Army

English people that support the Scottish football team and then accuse you of xenophobia when you tell them that you'd rather eat your own *****e than cheer for them. English people that want us to lose are fine.

Window cleaners who dont tell you they are there, then see you in your bed :mad: Just happened to me...

People who eat food/chew gum with their mouth open.

People who keep saying "you know" in every sentence.

Motorists who don't indicate (this applies especially to cabbies, lorry drivers & white van men - I am not psychic and do need to know via your indicator lights that you intend to make a turn).

Impolite idiots (I'll just barge you out of the way the next time shall I?)

Litter (a visit to a very-spotless looking Stockholm last year reinforced this one)

Celebrities (you aint Tommy Cooper ladies & gents - just a bunch of talentless nonentities)

TV license (given the guff on telly, to charge for it is daylight robbery)

Gas companies (your recent price rises show you are at it)

Silver sports cars (sooooooooo original - seems that every third person in Glasgow has one)

Neds (oh to aspire to be a moron)

Incompetent referees (see last Wednesday)

Jeremy Kyle show (see TV license moan above)

Gyms that play guff music (show me someone who claims that listening to that ****e makes you work out better and I'll show you a liar)

Kids at swimming pools (look you little *******s - my less than svelte like figure means I have to get regular exercise. I would like to do this without you little ****s swimming inbetween lanes or chucking some stupid ball in my direction).

Fat *******s at swimming pools (yes there are people bigger than myself but these sumos would lose in a race with a snail - GO TO THE LANE MARKED "SLOW"! Stop kidding yourselves that you can live with the pace in the other two lanes).

Weight-lifting hogs in my gym (usually of Turkish and Bulgarian descent who have hour-long marathons as to who can lift each piece of equipment with their nobs and pinkies - I'll only be a couple of minutes so please let the rest of us non Mr Universes have a shot).

Private delivery agents (you may slag off Royal Mail folks, but at least there is a decent degree of service about them - avoid companies who use HDNL people. They are absolute cowboys).

Moronic neighbours/car drivers who have this absurd notion that you have a desire to hear their foul taste in music (particularly late at night/early morning)

Chewing gum on pavements - or more accurately the nobheads who put it there.

It won't clean itself up, or biodegrade anytime soon so put it somewhere other people don't have to look at it, step in it or try to clean it up.

People who stand still on escalators, they are still stairs, you are allowed to walk on them!!!

Who here does this and why?

14 year old girls who play their ****e music up the back of the bus and talk really loudly to each other with their ****e conversations about who they've shagged and what they're drinking tonight. It's even worse when they try to talk to you.

The fact that if you disagree with someone on here about anything, you automatically become a keyboard warrior who "wouldn't say it to their face".

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
People who stand still on escalators, they are still stairs, you are allowed to walk on them!!!

Who here does this and why?

I do that!

If I wanted to walk up stairs I would find a non moving staircase!

Chavs, junkies, HBoS, People talking over me, Telford, Leith, buses, queues, Wales, Arsenal, Neil Lennon, Davina McCall, revision, posers!, Celtic, Hibernian, NCP parking enforcers, people being late, temporary traffic lights, City nightclub, Dr Gillian McKeith, The SNP, fake tan burds, fat burds, the chav lingo, poor grammar, text speak, text type, msn, early mornings, RHCP, yas, being skint, small man syndrome, John Collins, Ahmedinejad, chav gangs, guerkins, Derek Riordan, car faults, car garages, Jamie Mole, Islamic extremists, Abu Hamza, Ian Huntley, John Leslie, Lochend, Granton, Pilton, souped up cars, noisey cars, parking, indicating, 30 mph speed limits, butter, Easter Road, the CISCup, RockSteady stewards, the Stratchlyde police, Glasgow, Livingston, Motherwell, shnidey chavy wannabe weegie towns, TAXIS!, taxi drivers, Borat, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings (!!!), Tenacious D, JustJack, Tiesto, Tim Westwood, Prodigy, Paolo Nutini, Aberdeen fans, skinny jeans, Star Wars, huge exausts (small penis), FlyGlobespan, Magaluf PR's, Flying, Airports, Delays, queues, Magners, Miller, Robbie Fowler, Gordon Strachan, The Gorgie Road End, The advert where the wee knob child can't find his scooter, drivers that don't say thanks when you let them by, Hibs, Hibs, Hibs..

i hate the number of people supporting rangers and celtic across scotland a pain in the erse, most of them have never been to a game and clearly just support them because they win.. glory hunters:mad: i dont see how they can understand what supporting a team is all about those basturts

people who support man united are just as bad

A Boy Named Crow

People who walk around/sit on buses playing some ****e music (usually R&B or some variation there of) out the speaker on their phone. Firstly these people always have the worst taste in music, secondly even if it was the greatest musical score ever concieved by human mind, it would still sound bollocks coming out a stupid wee speaker like that! Morons, worse than that, inconsiderate morons with no clue about music or how to listen to it ARRRGGGHHH!!!!

14 year old girls who play their ****e music up the back of the bus and talk really loudly to each other with their ****e conversations about who they've shagged and what they're drinking tonight. It's even worse when they try to talk to you.

The fact that if you disagree with someone on here about anything, you automatically become a keyboard warrior who "wouldn't say it to their face".

I agree that these arseholes are a real pain, that is why I 'accidentally' kneed one of the biatches getting off the bus a few months ago. What get's on my nipples the most is that they always play that utter ****e Scooter style trance or r&b with squeeky computerized voices.

IMO these people should be ejected off the bus while it is still moving.

Archived