best hotel for a weekend away.

Elmo

Taking the mrs away for a break and wondered if anybody could recommend a great Hotel within about 2 hours driving distance of Edinburgh.

needs to have a spa and all that stuff.

Sexton Hardcastle

Macdonald Cardrona Hotel. Just outside Peebles (yes Peebles). Worked there a few eyars ago. Newl buitla few years ago. has great golf course, gym spa etc. Great food and think they mite have offers on this time of the year. Try the website or phone up. Just google it

Well if your treating the Mrs then Cameron House hotel is awesome!! However it's pretty damn pricey! It'd probably sting you ?400 for a weekend with spending money on top!

Cracking hotel for a romantic break though.

Well if your treating the Mrs then Cameron House hotel is awesome!! However it's pretty damn pricey! It'd probably sting you ?400 for a weekend with spending money on top!

Cracking hotel for a romantic break though.

Yea, Cameron House Hotel is very good.

boy_in_maroon

peebles hotel hydro, i know a few football teams use this as an escape, or for relaxing the Roxburghe hotel heiton by kelso top of the tree stuff

Marine Hotel North Berwick(Macdonald)Deals on at the moment for all Macdonald Hotels.Check their website.Has spa etc.If your flush take her to Gleneagles for a night ,went last year on deal for 2 nights brilliant.

St Andrews Bay Hotel is gorgoeus. If you want to go a bit further afield the Hilton at Deansgate in Manchester is pure luxury. It's close to the shops has a gym, pool and Spa. There's an exclusive bar (bit pricey ?8 for a cocktail) and the rooms are lovely. One whole wall is a window so the higher up you are the better the view.

Turnberry is a good one if open, the spa is right guid.Got lots of outdoor activities you can do, although it might be a bit baltic.Although if u want the best then go to gleneagles or just stay at home and go to the balmoral and i'll cook your tea!:P

try googling top secret hotels

it'll take you to i think last resorts website and it won't tell you the name of the hotel, but will describe its amenities, local attractions etc and they are discounted from the main price quite heavily in a lot of cases.

just type in a location, try edinburgh and guess the hotel lol, or just random areas and see if it throws anything up.

they do tend to be more balmoral than guest houses so might be right up your street

Miller Jambo 60
try googling top secret hotels

it'll take you to i think last resorts website and it won't tell you the name of the hotel, but will describe its amenities, local attractions etc and they are discounted from the main price quite heavily in a lot of cases.

just type in a location, try edinburgh and guess the hotel lol, or just random areas and see if it throws anything up.

they do tend to be more balmoral than guest houses so might be right up your street

Bev a win on saturday a bottle of MIDORI lets hit the highlands.

As Dell boy says you know it makes sense.:)

St Andrews bay is meant to be really good if a bit pricey but i suppose you get what you pay for. It would be a travel inn if i was you :)

I took the mrs to the Fairfield House Hotel in Ayr last year. Lovely room, great views over the sea and probably the best curry house I've been to, a 5 minute walk away.

Was really reasonable too. Would recommend it.

MacDonald Forest Hills near Aberfoyle

Pampering for the lady, boys toys too (quads, kayaks, curling) :ninja:, etc

My cousin got married at Seamill Hydro on the West Coast recently.

Very nice hotel, and I reckon the rooms would be pretty reasonable.

Archived