Is there a good reason not to back France (-5) tomorrow?

Acey

Just been in Ladbrokes, and France (minus 5 points) to beat Scotland tomorrow in the Six Nations is 10/11.

Have Scotland improved massively in the past couple of months, or have France worsened? It looks a decent bet to me, but I leave it to KB to decide!

I P Knightley
Just been in Ladbrokes, and France (minus 5 points) to beat Scotland tomorrow in the Six Nations is 10/11.

Have Scotland improved massively in the past couple of months, or have France worsened? It looks a decent bet to me, but I leave it to KB to decide!

I'll give you 10 to 1 that they don't lose to France tomorrow. Start your betting at a ton.

France have lost 17 players and a coaching team from their world cup squad. No one does disarray and unpredictability like the French. (The Welsh just do disarray). Meanwhile, the Scots are stable and on the up. It's not as dead a dead cert as it would have been a year ago.

p.s. the game's Sunday.

I P Knightley
What's this -5 malarky?

Giving the Scots a head start.

The bet's not that France will win but that they'll win by more than 5 points.

I might just slip ?20 on that on the way home tonight. Let's face it, I'd pay ?20 to see the French lose at Murrayfield so it's win-win!

Also, bear in mind the last time the two met at Murrayfield (2006), Scotland won 20-16 (and it was only that close thanks to a very late consolation score from France).

Scotland have a great chance to win tomorrow.

Some massive players in the team mean we can compete with the French pack.

France have an uncapped 21 y.o stand off. He's in for a torrid game.

If you can still get 2/1 on a Scotland win you should take that instead. The scots pack and in particular the back row is pretty serious, they actually have some decent replacements on the bench (Strokosch, Paterson, Cusiter) and they look to have a bit more creativity in the backs with Blair, De Luca and Lamont.

Of course, Parks will kick everything that comes into his hands so that might not matter.

Add into that the French makeover after the World Cup and what happened the last time they came to Edinburgh and I think we have a great chance.

The Old Tolbooth

I think people are under estimating the quality of French rugby, they have so many quality players to choose from that even the loss of all the world cup players wont weaken them as much as people think, add to that the fact they are trying out a blend of youth and experience and it could be any result tomorrow.

If they dont gel then Scotland will beat them, if they do gel, all of a sudden that -5 looks a decent bet. It's a very difficult one to call.

Just found out Strokosch isn't on the bench. Anyway, of course France always have very good players to bring in but I don't think this is the right game for them to start with. Plus, it looks like it'll be weather for a kicking game and since that's Park's speciality that seems to go in Scotland's favour.

Of course, the thing about rugby is it is very likely that Scotland can give them a good game but still lose by 12 points or something. Give away a couple of silly penalties then France score a breakaway try or something.

I P Knightley
anyone go for it?

Went to the bookies and saw 6/4 for a >10 margin instead.

I suppose I should feel bad betting against Scotland but I thought that ?30 would have been a small price to pay for the victory. Yowzah!

nope - listened to the 'experts' who said scotland werent gash, when they evidently still are!

Yeah, took me by surprise how poor they were. Better research those welsh handicap prices.

The Mighty Thor
Yeah, took me by surprise how poor they were. Better research those welsh handicap prices.

Wait until the team's announced. If Parks is in at No 10 fire your cash on Wales. Take Wales at -10 if you can get it.

Dan Parks is to Scotland what Miko is to Hearts. 1 good game in 20 and as good as a man short the other 19.

im no rugby expert but i thought Scotland were atrocious at the WC, and still are...

wooden spoon anyone?

The Old Tolbooth

Absolutely! I really cant see them winning a single game playing like that, even Italy should turn them over in Italy pretty easily I reckon.

Wales away- loss 42-10

Ireland away- loss 26-14

England home- loss 9-23

Italy away- loss 28-17

Those are my predictions.

Absolutely! I really cant see them winning a single game playing like that, even Italy should turn them over in Italy pretty easily I reckon.

Wales away- loss 42-10

Ireland away- loss 26-14

England home- loss 9-23

Italy away- loss 28-17

Those are my predictions.

i thought we were lucky to beat Italy in the WC so really dont fancy our chances...

Archived