SENSATIONAL!!

lambojambo

Stevie Frail states that after the end of the transfer window he is happy with the squad because "they are good enough to get a top 6 finish"!

SENSATIONAL!!! A top 6 finish!!!!:dribble:

I can hardly contain myself :wacko:-

The Excitment!

The drama!

The anticipation!

The sell outs!

Stevie Frail states that after the end of the transfer window he is happy with the squad because "they are good enough to get a top 6 finish"!

The Excitment!

The drama!

The anticipation!

The sell outs!

thats what you call fullfilling your potential... reach for the stars stevie, reach for the stars!!

The Excitment!

The drama!

The anticipation!

The sell outs!

Yep a complete sell out.

Stevie Frail states that after the end of the transfer window he is happy with the squad because \"they are good enough to get a top 6 finish\"!

The Excitment!

The drama!

The anticipation!

The sell outs!

Sadly, this current squad simply is not good enough to finish in the top 6.

Who writes Frails scripts?

But the squad that we have IS capable of a top 6 finish. It's just that the managemnet for the first half of the season was utter gash...

The alternative??

"I'm really disappointed we didnt add to the squad of abject losers that the club have at this time. We're destined for the bottom 3 now. I had suggested a number of signings that would take the club forward. Mr Romanov also had a list. As usual any talk of signings was just pish and everyone should have known better."

Have a word

The question is, when did 'a top 6 place' become an acceptable target ??

My point EXACTLY!!!!!!!:mad:

When we were 2nd bottom and had about 6-7 defeats on the bounce

Considering our position in the league what do you expect him to say?

'We can still win the league'

'We can still qualify for Europe'

'We are in a relegation dogfight and will be between now and the end of the season'

'We can make the top 6'

Sadly, this current squad simply is not good enough to finish in the top 6.

Who writes Frails scripts?

Nonsense. We are CAPABLE of making third place. Doesn't necessarily mean we will mind.

I think a lot of people have short memories. This is the same squad that hammered the Huns and beat the Tims at Celtic Park earlier in the season. Something that I don't think Motherwell or Dundee Utd will be doing this season.

Onwards and Upwards. UEFA here we come. (Optimism rules :))

Right after we were lying in 11th place. I think top 6 after that IS and acceptable target, dont you?

Serge McMurto

I suppose he has to say these things but I think the most annoying part about it must be the assumtion that all football supporters are too stupid to see through the rhetoric.

Given the fact that the players in possession of the jerseys are the same muppets who have failed miserably to produce the goods in all three competitions they have played in so far what on earth should convince us that they will be busting a gut or will suddenly find the basic skills required to finish the season on a high.

I dont think I can remember feeling quite as depressed so early in the year for a long time and I know that the only thing which will keep me going till the end of the season is the fact that I can look forward to a few pints and a laugh with family and friends.

Roll on next season!!

Guest Dipped Flake

target the top six at the start of the season, not acceptable. Target it now, acceptable. Not sure what anyone wanted Frail to say here....'That's us f****d now cos we didn't get Ronaldo'.

Yep we are really setting ourselves some stiff targets are we not - what a complete joke indeed. So we are going to get scramble into the Top 6 this year and win the Champions League in 2010 I suppose - these folks running our club are a complete joke and embarassment to the glorious name of HMFC. I am totally brassed off that these folks continue to take us for a complete ride,as we all have a passion and love of the club that these people will never, ever have !!!!

Is he maybe saying that the squad is good enough to secure a top six place then see what happens in the following five games.

A top six berth is possible and if that is achieved...fourth?Maybe a euro spot?

Too optimistic?

As another poster has just stated,what's the alternative?

If none of the above happens it will not be a great surprise to many fans.Without any belief,though,amounts to just chucking it right now.

Right after we were lying in 11th place. I think top 6 after that IS and acceptable target, dont you?

So at the start of the season anything lower than 3rd would have been unacceptable. FAILED, nothing changes

Anything worse than UEFA place unacceptable. FAILED, nothing changes

Good Scottish Cup run. FAILED, nothing changes

Oh, better make some noises about 'top 6' (as if anyone gives a ******), will probably FAIL but as I say who actually cares ?

And Romanov does nothing, what a to**er.

Nonsense. We are CAPABLE of making third place. Doesn't necessarily mean we will mind.

I think a lot of people have short memories. This is the same squad that hammered the Huns and beat the Tims at Celtic Park earlier in the season. Something that I don't think Motherwell or Dundee Utd will be doing this season.

Onwards and Upwards. UEFA here we come. (Optimism rules :))

A large flagon of what he is drinking bar steward please!:dribble:

Nelly Terraces

To be honest I couldnt give a flying duck where we end up now. Top 6. Woo. get the champagne out.

Least we dont have a game this weekend, thank fk.

maroonlegions

do you really think the current wage bill JUSTIFIES us being were we are right now:whistling: ,mmmmm, :eek: or even to think that if we do make the top six its seen as success:bravo: ,not good enough , they have made a right b*** up of it this season and are trying ways to paper over the cracks,apart from the OF,who has the next highest wage bill ,thats right its the team lying 3rd BOTTOM AND OUT OF BOTH CUPS.:vangry:

So at the start of the season anything lower than 3rd would have been unacceptable. FAILED, nothing changes

Anything worse than UEFA place unacceptable. FAILED, nothing changes

Good Scottish Cup run. FAILED, nothing changes

Oh, better make some noises about 'top 6' (as if anyone gives a ******), will probably FAIL but as I say who actually cares ?

And Romanov does nothing, what a to**er.

Ordinarily I would agree. SF has quoted the top 6 place today, not the start of the season. This has been a poor season and a return to the top 6 would show a little improvement on what we have endured so far.

Why do we have the divine right to make the UEFA cup place our own? Historically we have not made the UEFA cup on more occasions than we have.

target the top six at the start of the season, not acceptable. Target it now, acceptable. Not sure what anyone wanted Frail to say here....'That's us f****d now cos we didn't get Ronaldo'.

"I wanted to sign Hammel to replace Jose on Ice".

"I wanted to sign Maybury to replace that feckin Donkey at Right Back"

"I wanted to show the door to Elliot, Kurkis, Makela now"

"I want to go back to coaching the under 19's"

And what led us to that position ?

I just answered the question about when the top 6 became an acceptable target.

That question is totally different but as it's better than working I'll answer it. We (Hearts fans) blame Romanov, Frail, the Bulgarian, the refs, the SPL.............the list is endless.

At the end of the day the squad is/has completely underperformed all season and has failed to do the basics. If you look at our starting 11 in a lot of the games this season that we've lost - and yes I disagreed with a lot of the team selections - man for man it was good enough to win the game but hasn't.

So in answer to your question the players are to blame.

Why do we have the divine right to make the UEFA cup place our own? Historically we have not made the UEFA cup on more occasions than we have.

We have no divine right but we were led to believe we would be competitive in Europe (forget the OTT quotes but even to the level Aberdeen have) nevermind struggling to stay above the dreadful Gretna's, Kilmarnock's and St Mirren's of the SPL.

We have wasted literally millions in wages on sub standard players who simply would not have been signed under proper football management and who would have had us comfortably 3rd last season and this. One man is to blame for all this.

do you really think the current wage bill JUSTIFIES us being were we are right now:whistling: ,mmmmm, :eek: or even to think that if we do make the top six its seen as success:bravo: ,not good enough , they have made a right b*** up of it this season and are trying ways to paper over the cracks,apart from the OF,who has the next highest wage bill ,thats right its the team lying 3rd BOTTOM AND OUT OF BOTH CUPS.:vangry:

Did I say anywhere that any of the above was justified? Wage bills are in no way of providing success. Our wage bill is a succession of mismanagement. Just because we pay more does NOT mean we will be succesful!

Yes this season has been a disatser, not by Hearts standards (we have had many worse) but by the belief that people on here have that we would have signed Ronaldo, Rooney, Adebayor etc ably managed by Jose Mourinho.

Right now, as it stands top 6 would be a success. Acceptable for the season? No!

So in answer to your question the players are to blame.

Whilst I agree that some have underachieved I actually think you think some of the players are better than they are.

However, where we disagree big time (and I suspect you are in a minority) is that the players are anywhere near the top of the list for 'blame'. They have had no leadership and have been surrounded by incompetent staff. Romanov and Romanov alone has chosen that route for the club and many players have suffered because of it/.

alwaysthereinspirit

The Excitment!

The drama!

The anticipation!

The sell outs!

It was a poor choice of words by a man who at this time is proving he is not manager material.

Did I say anywhere that any of the above was justified? Wage bills are in no way of providing success. Our wage bill is a succession of mismanagement. Just because we pay more does NOT mean we will be succesful!

Yes this season has been a disatser, not by Hearts standards (we have had many worse) but by the belief that people on here have that we would have signed Ronaldo, Rooney, Adebayor etc ably managed by Jose Mourinho.

Right now, as it stands top 6 would be a success. Acceptable for the season? No!

I for one never expected these type of guys to ever be at Tynecastle. I did expect however that we would have better quality than the likes of Neilson, Elliot, Makela, etc. I also think I had the right to expect a proper Manager rather than an over promoted under 19 coach.

It was a poor choice of words by a man who at this time is proving he is not manager material.

To be fair to Frail they are the words of a man desperately trying to cling to a job!

I for one never expected these type of guys to ever be at Tynecastle. I did expect however that we would have better quality than the likes of Neilson, Elliot, Makela, etc. I also think I had the right to expect a proper Manager rather than an over promoted under 19 coach.

lambojambo, I am in full agreement with you. My point was meant to show how hysterical some posters have been over the past few days.

SF has steadied the ship, but that is all he should be allowed to do. Getting in a manager that can build a team capable of challenging and bringing a buzz to Tynecastle is now a must.

To be honest I couldnt give a flying duck where we end up now. Top 6. Woo. get the champagne out.

Exactly

This top 6 pish is just that. Pish

A false target with meaningless consequences.

And the worry is we are just 9 games away from not even making it to those "lofty" heights.

However, I really dont know what all the English lit A student experts on this thread expected Frail to say.

The Excitment!

The drama!

The anticipation!

The sell outs!

Now you know the reason Frail is in the position he is in, he tows the company line and yes still takes Vlads directions on whom will and wont play. Anyone who doubts this Vlad would not let his director of football pick the side why would you believe Frail who is only a coach is going to be given Carte Blanche

lambojambo, I am in full agreement with you. My point was meant to show how hysterical some posters have been over the past few days.

SF has steadied the ship, but that is all he should be allowed to do. Getting in a manager that can build a team capable of challenging and bringing a buzz to Tynecastle is now a must.

Agree to that Swimmer.

You know we really should have seen this coming. At the start of the season our managerial situation was a shambles, we had lost real quality players, Gordon was going and we signed only one good player (and he was about to serve a long ban and would be disappearing to the African Nations Cup).

I was one of the 50 odd thousand that turned up at Murrayfield. The fact that Barca could have kept the ball for 90 minutes didn't bother me because they are way out of our class.

What did worry me was that when we did get the ball we just did not have the players to do anything with it. No spark, no skill and if we had any tactics that day I couldn't see it.

I must admit I left the game feeling pretty down about our prospects!

Whilst I agree that some have underachieved I actually think you think some of the players are better than they are.

However, where we disagree big time (and I suspect you are in a minority) is that the players are anywhere near the top of the list for 'blame'. They have had no leadership and have been surrounded by incompetent staff. Romanov and Romanov alone has chosen that route for the club and many players have suffered because of it/.

I don't think many of our players are great - it's the worst back 4 I can remember & I've been going for over 20 years. I just happen to think that the rest of the SPL isn't that great either and although our guys are poor we are still better than what we are playing most weeks.

If you watch Hearts play once we lose a goal, with the exception of Ruben, every Hearts player hides and doesn't want the ball and the composure goes out of the team.

Yes they have had to put up with a lot crap they shouldn't have but for the 90 minutes on the park they have the chance to take the responsibilty but they don't.

Look at the games against Motherwell in the cup - Hearts were great in the first half of the first game and terrible once they lost the goal. That comes down to the players. In the second game Hearts were abismal for 45 minutes, no fight or desire but it was there in the 2nd half. Why the difference?

For me thats nothing to do with all the off-field s@ite, it's to do with application, personal pride and a desire to be a winner..............all missing from the majority of our team and something which personaly I think our captain doesn't bring to the park with him.

Father Tiresias

It's really sad seeing standards at our football club slipping so badly.

Now, a top six finish is seen a some sort of success.

What a disgrace!! :mad:

Sorry, I don't follow. All he did was set a target: a target based on where we are now, and not what we all hoped for and expected back in August. What's he supposed to do? Throw his hands up, and say there's no point in any fans coming to any more games because we may as well give up, and not give a toss about where we finish in the table?

And you know what gets me? All those saying "top six, who gives a ****?" will certainly give a **** if Hibs end up there and we don't: actually, it'd be yet another thing to beat him with. How do you suppose managers and fans of other clubs like Falkirk, Caley or (most years) Motherwell behave come February each year? Do they not set their sides a target either? And he's quite right: it's still unlikely, but we do have a squad capable of reaching the top six. And from where we were when he took over, that'd actually be pretty remarkable.

It's really sad seeing standards at our football club slipping so badly.

Now, a top six finish is seen a some sort of success.

What a disgrace!! :mad:

No it isn't. Where has anyone said that?

maroonlegions

so the old firm wage bills do not bring them success ,you do get better quality of players ,no doubt about it ,what i was trying to say was our wage bill cannot justify being 3rd bottom,ok maybe 4th or even 5th or at a push at least in the top six and of course those responsible for the mismanagement get their high salaries and continue to take the p*** out of the fans who scrimp and save to get a season ticket while these clowns feck it up ,the way i see it, even if we did make the top six its not a success its a further license for the powers at be to continue with their comedy acts.:mad:

Governor Tarkin

oooooooh, humpty today NT. Foucalt doin yer nut in I presume? :confused:

Father Tiresias
No it isn't. Where has anyone said that?

"Getting into the top six is our priority and we have the quality to do that without a doubt. With the standard of player here there is no reason that can't be achieved, although it will require more hard work and proper attitudes in the weeks ahead."

And from where we were when he took over, that'd actually be pretty remarkable.

No one has actually said as much that but both Frail and yourself have most certainly alluded to achieving a top 6 finish as some sort of success.

No one has actually said as much that but both Frail and yourself have most certainly alluded to achieving a top 6 finish as some sort of success.

It would be remarkable - because it'd necessitate us having put together quite a run since he took over. That doesn't make it any kind of success: it's just about salvaging some sort of dignity, something to build on. Is he really wrong to want that?

Considering our position in the league what do you expect him to say?

'We can still win the league'

'We can still qualify for Europe'

'We are in a relegation dogfight and will be between now and the end of the season'

'We can make the top 6'

I expected him to look at the league table and say "We are 8 points off 4th place and a UEFA cup slot (provided one of the OF win the cup) and we've got 14 games to make it. We'll be playing every game like a cup final and doing our very best with the players we have available to get there."

what happened to the six quality players we were signing . what a load o **** an to cheer us up kurskis is here till the summer , ****in great , also elliott ,ivaskesivcis,kurskis,jose should have all been emptied , an also ****in maybury signed for the sheep after we let him get fit. cmon lets let vlad know as the time for action is now not later or are you all ****bags cos i certainly will at the gretna game at halftime an fulltime:mad:

Father Tiresias
It would be remarkable - because it'd necessitate us having put together quite a run since he took over. That doesn't make it any kind of success: it's just about salvaging some sort of dignity, something to build on. Is he really wrong to want that?

No, he's not, he's after the head coach's job so he'd be remiss to suggest otherwise.

But with the squad of players we have, don't tell me it would be a remarkable achievement to finish in the top 6. Simply playing the same 11 players week in and week out will achieve that goal.

what happened to the six quality players we were signing . what a load o **** an to cheer us up kurskis is here till the summer , ****in great , also elliott ,ivaskesivcis,kurskis,jose should have all been emptied , an also ****in maybury signed for the sheep after we let him get fit. cmon lets let vlad know as the time for action is now not later or are you all ****bags cos i certainly will at the gretna game at halftime an fulltime:mad:

You're an angry young man. :sad:

To be fair to Frail they are the words of a man desperately trying to cling to a job!

Lets be practical. SF or any manager in our current position aint goanie say publicly we're bollocks. He's goanie try and boost morale of players at least by encouraging and asking them to believe in themselves as a squad....no doubt showing videos etc of the wins against the Celtic, Huns , Aberdeen, Hibs etc this season :)

Archived