Managerial theory.

Dave 1974

The lack of movement during the transfer window leads me to believe that Steve Frail almost definitely will not get the managers job now.

VR clearly has his sights set on a more experienced individual and the fact that, other than Screpis (who was already a Hearts players) we have brought in nobody that Frail had supposedly targeted, this leads all roads towards a 'proper' mangerial appointment some time in the near future.

Hearts could've done with a proven striker during the window. We all know this. What would be the point in bringing in players that Frail targeted though if the new manager didn't rate them?

While i'm dissapointed that we haven't strengthened, i'm also optimistic that a new boss will be in place soon enough.

The lack of movement during the transfer window leads me to believe that Steve Frail almost definitely will not get the managers job now.

VR clearly has his sights set on a more experienced individual and the fact that, other than Screpis (who was already a Hearts players) we have brought in nobody that Frail had supposedly targeted, this leads all roads towards a 'proper' mangerial appointment some time in the near future.

Hearts could've done with a proven striker during the window. We all know this. What would be the point in bringing in players that Frail targeted though if the new manager didn't rate them?

While i'm dissapointed that we haven't strengthened, i'm also optimistic that a new boss will be in place soon enough.

Or....regardless of what frail actually wanted to do, Vlad just ignored him. Did Vlad not say, if a manager is not in before the transfer window, I will follow up on Stevie Frails targets?

I've got a theory as well.

About March, just before the season tickets go on sale, Romanov will release a statement saying that the interviews with possilbe new managers has gone well and an appointment will probably be made before training starts in July.

In July Malofeev will be back to take preseason training and then when the season starts some unknown east european will be "manager" with Frial still here as a coach to do the press conferences.

About March, just before the season tickets go on sale, Romanov will release a statement saying that the interviews with possilbe new managers has gone well and an appointment will probably be made before training starts in July.

In July Malofeev will be back to take preseason training and then when the season starts some unknown east european will be "manager" with Frial still here as a coach to do the press conferences.

Why do you bother to write such nonsense?

We are all being conned folks as usual - Frail will keep job until the end of the season, at season ticket selling time we will get the usual hype to get us to buy them up. These folks are a bunch of gangsters who are manipulating us given that most of us have a level of passion and love of our club that none of them will ever understand - seen too much of this over the last few years to draw any other conclusion I am afraid to say !!!

It's just as likely to happen as the nonsense that the OP wrote.

Why can he do it and I can't.:confused:

Guest JamboRobbo

I think it's called expressing his opinion. Perfectyl reasonable thing to do on an HMFC discussion forum.

Or an alternative scenario...........

The out of his depth SF will get the job until the summer meaning we limp over the line in around 8th place as those who bother to go to the matches are subjected to further inept performances. The continued sight of the calamitous Neilson and Goncalves trying to play football will at least bring some fun in the stands amid the deserved abuse the pair receive.

They will all then feck off on holiday with promises that a new management with the task of clearing the squad and bringing in their own players will be in place before everyone returns for pre season. Unsurprisingly this will not come to fruition with all sorts of reasons cited for us not capturing the correct 'calibre' of manager. Malofeev will return alongside the new first team coach, step forward Neil McCann to oversee the pre season training of start jumps, forward roles and three legged races and we will start the 3rd season in a row a shambles with lots of injuries and the same bombscare full backs.

We will win 5pts out the first 24 and with no Gretna in the league we will quickly be embroiled in a relegation fight. Crowds will be down massively due to thousands not renewing and Romanov will use this to cast doubt over whether the proposed stand is actually viable.

Well, it's just as likely as any positive alternative !

Here?s another one. This is fun, isn?t it.

Pedro had to leave the shareholders AGM early last night because he and Romanov were on their way to Portugal to interview Jose Mourinho.

Given the promise of having any players he wants (up to the valve of ?10 million) winning the league and playing in the champions league every year ;) Jose jumps at the chance to get back into employment even turning down Milan, Real Madrid and Juve to come to Gorgie.

Hearts bring in a team load of World Cup stars and we have the league won by the end of November next season.

Romanov realises Tynie is not big enough so moves the team to Murrayfield which is also not big enough so he build a new stand there (bringing the capacity up to 250,000) along with a hotel, shopping centre, a cinema and some flats.

boabyarsebiscuit

My theory is that any managers that were sounded out in January didn't fancy working for Vlad. When Kilmarnock finish 11th this season they'll sack Jefferies and we'll take him. Or we'll get some other "damaged goods" manager who needs a job desperately.

Meanwhile, Dundee United will finish 3rd in the League and have a good UEFA Cup run under Levein.

meridian jambo

I think Caspers theory about an "announcement" of the manager in or around the launch of the season tickets may not be too far off the mark.

It won't be Frail in my opinion, neither will it be Malofeev.

I know I a clinging onto some hope here, but I think the man (or men) being targeted do not want to move mid-season.

No news, no gossip just my opinion.

We are all being conned folks as usual - Frail will keep job until the end of the season, at season ticket selling time we will get the usual hype to get us to buy them up. These folks are a bunch of gangsters who are manipulating us given that most of us have a level of passion and love of our club that none of them will ever understand - seen too much of this over the last few years to draw any other conclusion I am afraid to say !!!

Dont buy your season ticket on a promise, buy it on action taken. Thats what I'm doing next season since I fell for the promise last year and got the urine extracted from me.

It's just as likely to happen as the nonsense that the OP wrote.

So my opinion is nonsense in the eyes of you? Wow, i'm feeling a lesser individual now.

Your response was the usual ill thought anti-Romanov bile.

I'm no supporter of VR's ways. far from it. I can however look beyond the current situation though and hope for a better outcome.

Do you really believe what you wrote or was it just a poor effort at expressing your negative opinion in the hope that fellow 'like-minded' souls would back you up?

If Romanov really doesn't care then we'll simply trundle along in 10th with Frail and Robbie Neilson et al.

If he does care then he'll get in a half decent manager.

For what it's worth, a "half decent" manager would probably lift Hearts above the afore mentioned Dundee Utd, eventually.

Or if he does care, but thinks Frail should continue during the re-build of Tynecastle, then all he has to do is come out and say something along the lines of:

"Please stick with us as we re-build Tynecastle"

"We have a plan"

"We promise a really good team in 2010".

"This is just a means to an end".

At least then we'd know the score and as fans, we could all make a very personal decision as to whether we want to stick around for that.

I'll stick around anyway, but I'd feel a whole lot better with a bit of decent communication.

I'm not looking for the freekin Champions League. I just want to enjoy supporting Hearts.

Buffalo Bill

So my opinion is nonsense in the eyes of you? Wow, i'm feeling a lesser individual now.

Your response was the usual ill thought anti-Romanov bile.

I'm no supporter of VR's ways. far from it. I can however look beyond the current situation though and hope for a better outcome.

Do you really believe what you wrote or was it just a poor effort at expressing your negative opinion in the hope that fellow 'like-minded' souls would back you up?

I really believe what I wrote will happen because we've been there before. Other than a statement saying "we're looking for a manager" there has been nothing to suggest that we are likely to get one or indeed that they are even looking. We've had grand statements about top new managers before and we've ended up with Rix, Valdas and Frail.

There is no evidence to suggest your theory is likely to happen other than, as you say, hope.

I too hope the outcome is more like yours than my theory but I don't hold out much "hope".

If you think my opinion is anti romanov bile then so be it. I only want to see my club successful and not a laughing stock. We can all hope though.

Due to ground capacity being reduced, fans reluctantly WILL renew season tickets.Frail will continue as head coach with players (Tall, Kingston, Goncalves(yahoo)) leaving and a couple of Scots journeyman coming in.

It will stay this way until ground redevelopment.

Sorry, but it is the only scenario I can see.:sad:

PS Unless us section N'rs can get our reduced price season tickets, there will be serious thought about whether to renew.

Craig Gordons Gloves

are we actually waiting until the end of the African Nations Cup so that the managerial target is free and willing?

Vogts anyone.....:eek:

Spot on. Signing other players at this stage would totally contradict the stated plan of bringing in an experienced manager and letting him build the team. In fact, it would have been a lurch back to what we have seen for the last 2.5 years, ie total nonsense. We won't achieve anything this season, so VR is rightly looking to build for next. I don't expect to see anything announced until the summer, but the powers that be will be working on lining up their preferred manager right now.

Seymour M Hersh
My theory is that any managers that were sounded out in January didn't fancy working for Vlad. When Kilmarnock finish 11th this season they'll sack Jefferies and we'll take him. Or we'll get some other "damaged goods" manager who needs a job desperately.

Meanwhile, Dundee United will finish 3rd in the League and have a good UEFA Cup run under Levein.

Still you must be pleased Screpis has finally arrived?

The Real Maroonblood

Originally Posted by casper

Probably because it is a more likely scenario.

john brownlee
Dont buy your season ticket on a promise, buy it on action taken. Thats what I'm doing next season since I fell for the promise last year and got the urine extracted from me.

I buy mine on my love of the Hearts not what some numptie on here who thinks they can do better, but having said that if they were the manager/owner I would still be supporting Hearts

I've bought my season ticket on a promise ever since I can remember so whats changed

Father Tiresias

Same could be asked of the person who wrote this nonsense on another thread!!

It would be a disgrace if Vlad simply went out and appointed a manager just for the sake of it and to please people like you. The same goes for any new signings.

Quality not quantity is what we want and there is not a lot of quality players just waiting for the Hearts to come along.

I bet if we did make a couple of signings, that would obviously cost plenty, if it is quality that you want, then you would be the first to start harping on about our debt increasing.

Please use some common sense and face reality.

Vlad has made plenty of mistakes but I am delighted that he is with us for the long haul and that he is learning as he goes.

If you do slag Vlad please come up with some alternatives!!!!

Boy am I glad you were not a fan in the 70's!!!!

Oh my God, it was yourself!!!

If, IF, they are truly serious about getting a manager in - and that manager being the right man for the job - I think it would have been irresponsible to bring in players now. I know they said they would let Frail bring in players if we hadn't appointed anyone, and that was no more than half-truth (not a full blown lie, because we did try to bring a couple in, however half-hearted those attempts may have been).

Perversely, I think the fact that we have only made the token signing of Screpis (basically to keep FIFA off our backs) is actually more likely to be good news than bad on the manager front.

Same could be asked of the person who wrote this nonsense on another thread!!

Oh my God, it was yourself!!!

What was wrong with it exactly? Lacking in the usual 'VR is a ****'?, 'VR is a clueless Russian submariner'? etc etc.....

If Romanov really doesn't care then we'll simply trundle along in 10th with Frail and Robbie Neilson et al.

If he does care then he'll get in a half decent manager.

For what it's worth, a "half decent" manager would probably lift Hearts above the afore mentioned Dundee Utd, eventually.

Or if he does care, but thinks Frail should continue during the re-build of Tynecastle, then all he has to do is come out and say something along the lines of:

"Please stick with us as we re-build Tynecastle"

"We have a plan"

"We promise a really good team in 2010".

"This is just a means to an end".

At least then we'd know the score and as fans, we could all make a very personal decision as to whether we want to stick around for that.

I'll stick around anyway, but I'd feel a whole lot better with a bit of decent communication.

I'm not looking for the freekin Champions League. I just want to enjoy supporting Hearts.

Buffalo Bill

I agree with everything there. If we could just get the odd nugget of news out of the board things would be a lot better. Its the not knowing anything thats driving everyone mad. Vlad could just now be courting any number of potential managers from his base in Lithuania, or he could just be sat on his puss. We could get a new manager tomorrow, or we could be left waiting another 12 months or more.

I'm an optimist, so I reckon things will work out under Vlad. All I want is exciting seasons, European football most years and a few cup finals. As a Hearts fan I feel thats all I can reasonably ask of the club. Romanov, if he builds this stand, has the potential to deliver on that and more. The plans are in and likely to be approved so I'm assuming that the stand will be built. If he invests that much in the stand he'd be stupid not to deliver with a decent manager and team, and his wealth indicates that he's not a stupid man. If he leaves the club in 2020 or whenever, I'll look back fondly on his reign if we've had a few decent European campaigns and won a few Cups. And we're not financially screwed. Either way I want to be there for the whole Romanov journey. Hearts til one of us dies.

ill give it 1 more season. we must improve on this season. vlad will only lose money if he continues this way!!!

I agree with everything there. If we could just get the odd nugget of news out of the board things would be a lot better. Its the not knowing anything thats driving everyone mad. Vlad could just now be courting any number of potential managers from his base in Lithuania, or he could just be sat on his puss. We could get a new manager tomorrow, or we could be left waiting another 12 months or more.

I'm an optimist, so I reckon things will work out under Vlad. All I want is exciting seasons, European football most years and a few cup finals. As a Hearts fan I feel thats all I can reasonably ask of the club. Romanov, if he builds this stand, has the potential to deliver on that and more. The plans are in and likely to be approved so I'm assuming that the stand will be built. If he invests that much in the stand he'd be stupid not to deliver with a decent manager and team, and his wealth indicates that he's not a stupid man. If he leaves the club in 2020 or whenever, I'll look back fondly on his reign if we've had a few decent European campaigns and won a few Cups. And we're not financially screwed. Either way I want to be there for the whole Romanov journey. Hearts til one of us dies.

Cheers, Bruno.

If we got a decent guy in, we could probably afford to buy slighly better players than the likes of Hibs, A'deen and Dundee Utd; and not least if we off-loaded high earning over-rated dead wood.

With a little bit of hard work and common sense, we'd comfortably be 'up there', reaching cup finals etc.

It aint difficult. It is easy.

Look at JJ. With little money, we got to three cup finals in three season and played some good stuff. Simple. He just bought in a bunch of decent guys who could do a job. Yes, he went stale, but for three season, we had fun.

What we are doing and what we could do makes we want to scream.

Buffalo Bill

going by romanov's record the wee man's post is not far of the mark.

we're all sick of romanov's lies, lies and more lies.

if romanov does the right thing by the team i'll be the first to back him but this mismanagement has went on for far, far too long.

romanov for the past 2 years has been a disgrace as far as our team is concerned. and don't forget he's lucky as he doesn't have to watch the shambles of a team every week as he just can't be bothered.

are you bothered................i don't think so.

if romanov does the right thing by the team i'll be the first to back him but this mismanagement has went on for far, far too long.

romanov for the past 2 years has been a disgrace as far as our team is concerned. and don't forget he's lucky as he doesn't have to watch the shambles of a team every week as he just can't be bothered.

As usual Mitch good post:sad:

Mitch....

Do you think the team has more of a feel of Frail picking the side?

I would ay it does.

Do you think it would be rather silly to spend money on player who a new manager might not rate?

I think thats ok.

Do you think that after a month, it would appear Hearts will take their time with the appointment as they recognize its an important one?

Maybe?

IMO, he has butted out since the NY. Lets see what a manager brings.

It will happen

;o)

The Real Maroonblood
Cheers, Bruno.

If we got a decent guy in, we could probably afford to buy slighly better players than the likes of Hibs, A'deen and Dundee Utd; and not least if we off-loaded high earning over-rated dead wood.

With a little bit of hard work and common sense, we'd comfortably be 'up there', reaching cup finals etc.

It aint difficult. It is easy.

Look at JJ. With little money, we got to three cup finals in three season and played some good stuff. Simple. He just bought in a bunch of decent guys who could do a job. Yes, he went stale, but for three season, we had fun.

Buffalo Bill

That word does not exist in the "Puppet Master's vocabularly.

Here?s another one. This is fun, isn?t it.

Pedro had to leave the shareholders AGM early last night because he and Romanov were on their way to Portugal to interview Jose Mourinho.

Given the promise of having any players he wants (up to the valve of ?10 million) winning the league and playing in the champions league every year ;) Jose jumps at the chance to get back into employment even turning down Milan, Real Madrid and Juve to come to Gorgie.

Hearts bring in a team load of World Cup stars and we have the league won by the end of November next season.

Romanov realises Tynie is not big enough so moves the team to Murrayfield which is also not big enough so he build a new stand there (bringing the capacity up to 250,000) along with a hotel, shopping centre, a cinema and some flats.

I would have believed that, had it not been for the fact that its IMPOSSIBLE to win the league by November. Unless of course we were given bonus points for our 'flair' football? :dribble:

My theory is based on 3 seasons experience of Vlad. we well understand a big part of his motivation is based on vanity and ego. He?s not a man who likes to be shown to be wrong. All of which points to a Frail management appointment in the medium term IMO. Heres my rationale on recent, current and future events, all from the perspective of ?standing in his shoes? for a minute or so.

"The poor performance of the team was putting me in a bad light, I didn?t have too many options... well none that I liked... left open to me. Anyway I decided that it was best that I should show willingness to change by altering the committee structure and moving Angel out. In retrospect that was the correct decision. It immediately relieved the pressure on me and bought me some time. And do you know what ? ? if I could find a manager with knowledge of the British game ? someone I could trust and who would accept that I decide the composition of the player squad and that I say who comes and goes ? then I would appoint such a person. However ... I honestly do not expect to find such a manager, but I will go through the motions of doing so. At least the supporters can?t say I didn?t try !

In any case, I am quite content with the current situation. Stephen Frail is well aware of how things work around here and he?s not the kind of person who will contradict me. I accept that by handing Stephen more power, he is obtaining better results than the committee structure did in its previous format. But lets not forget that the committee was always effectively 5 people, not just 3. Chernekov (now gone), Korabochkov, Malofeev , myself and last of all Frail as it?s public spokesperson. Effectively what I have done ? for the time being ? is to ?tweak? (as you say in the west) it?s composition. Four of the 5 still remain in various capacities ? I have reduced my day to day input ? and increased Frails input. There has been an upturn in league results and I think I can take credit for making that happen. The losses in the cup games ? I told them time and time again that the SFA was against us and so it has proven to be. But the fans don?t want me to talk about that any more - however they know at last know how right I was .

As for Stephen himself. Why would I want to replace someone who has come to understand the way things work here ? He is happy with the composition of the squad and I?m glad to say, has said so publicly. He has even supported me in the media and I?m glad to have a local manager who will do so. What would the arrival of a new man achieve other than to upset everything all over again ! Believe me, I did not come this far, and take all this unwarranted abuse, only to have someone come in and tell me that this or that Kaunas player isn?t good enough. Ultimately who this club pays wages to, is decided by ME not the manager. I will NOT have my ultimate authority, my ultimate say on how this club operates, contradicted by someone coming in who I barely know. Stephen however has earned his promotion and I know that he appreciates his recognition...he will have a place in my organisation for as long as he wants.

Right now I am looking forward to us winning more league games and finishing in the top 6 of the SPL. That will be proof that the reconstituted committee has turned things around and without having to break too many eggs in doing so. If we do that, then Stephen can be awarded the chief coach position ? and I will probably bring in someone else I can trust to help him. Yes? top 6 and a few carefully selected player transfers in the summer and I can see the next season being much better for everyone. Not that these fans will give me any credit for improving things. Ingrates !?

alwaysthereinspirit

You may be right but this would have been the time to clean house. We basically got rid of no one.

I think Caspers theory about an "announcement" of the manager in or around the launch of the season tickets may not be too far off the mark.

It won't be Frail in my opinion, neither will it be Malofeev.

I know I a clinging onto some hope here, but I think the man (or men) being targeted do not want to move mid-season.

No news, no gossip just my opinion.

Fine by me. I wouldn?t feel in the least manipulated if Vlad brought in a new manager at ST renewal time. Mine gets renewed regardless. Like everyone else I would love it if we were successful but if it doesn?t happen then I shall continue as about 60% of football fans do and follow my team anyway.

I was born in ?74 and had to wait 22 years to see Hearts win a cup. I was too young for the old First Division so I?ve never seen Hearts win a league...I dare say many spent even longer waiting to see Hearts win something (and Tennents Sixes doesn?t count! LOL) so I?ll survive and as long as Hearts do too, then fine.

Fine by me. I wouldn?t feel in the least manipulated if Vlad brought in a new manager at ST renewal time. Mine gets renewed regardless. Like everyone else I would love it if we were successful but if it doesn?t happen then I shall continue as about 60% of football fans do and follow my team anyway.

I was born in ?74 and had to wait 22 years to see Hearts win a cup. I was too young for the old First Division so I?ve never seen Hearts win a league...I dare say many spent even longer waiting to see Hearts win something (and Tennents Sixes doesn?t count! LOL) so I?ll survive and as long as Hearts do too, then fine.

Neither would I. But I would if he says he's bringing in a manager with British experience and then doesn't.

Buffalo Bill

bang on the money!

its so frustrating, knowing we could be performing so much better than we are.

i also agree with your comments on jim jeffries.

i was in a 3 piece band 97/98

me, jambo. keyboard player was celtic and the drummer was a bluenose who started life as a jambo but defected. in fact, our old bedford rascal had a hearts badge stuck to the back window!

that was one of the most fun seasons i can remember, obviously til 05/06

we played, not half a game, not even 90 minutes but right up until the final whistle and we NEVER said die!

its soul destroying seeing the shell of a team which has so little spirit & morale, knowing we could once again be glorious

you don't need a team of world beating players, you just need a team of players who will fight for the cause, and that was one thing i remember about JJs teams, that we were battlers, right to the death

Archived