Nevin compares window bangers to scene in film 'I am Legend'

Nelly Terraces

Nelly Terraces

Haha, just head Pat Nevin on BBC Radio 6 being interviewed by George Lamb, he was asked what he'd been up to recently and Nevin said he'd been doing the game on Wednesday and the boys who were givin the window a rattle reminded him of the last scene in the film 'I Am Legend' where Will Smith's trapped behind glass with these mad vampire nutter things tryin to smash their way in!!

Dunno if it was a compliment or not, still pretty funny. Best thing was George Lamb tellin him he asked for it as Squarhead Collins was in the studio with him and that he couldnt expect to get away with that with loads of Hearts outside! Suprised that Lamb, cockney geezer, knew to call us the 'Jambos.'

Sad to say, neven admitted to havin a season ticket for the trolls at Fester Rd!! What a clown, obviously swallowed the whole 'Flair' pash hook, line and sinker. He also said one of his favourite bands of all time were The Fall, but even that moment of cool can't gloss over the fact the blokes a hobo loving kent!!

Cheers!

NT.

PS, if you want to hear it I reckon you can go onto the 'listen again' bit on Radio 6 website and hear George Lambs show, fat forward aabout 2hrs 10mins and you'll hear it.

PPS, FTH.

Haha, just head Pat Nevin on BBC Radio 6 being interviewed by George Lamb, he was asked what he'd been up to recently and Nevin said he'd been doing the game on Wednesday and the boys who were givin the window a rattle reminded him of the last scene in the film 'I Am Legend' where Will Smith's trapped behind glass with these mad vampire nutter things tryin to smash their way in!!

Dunno if it was a compliment or not, still pretty funny. Best thing was George Lamb tellin him he asked for it as Squarhead Collins was in the studio with him and that he couldnt expect to get away with that with loads of Hearts outside! Suprised that Lamb, cockney geezer, knew to call us the 'Jambos.'

Sad to say, neven admitted to havin a season ticket for the trolls at Fester Rd!! What a clown, obviously swallowed the whole 'Flair' pash hook, line and sinker. He also said one of his favourite bands of all time were The Fall, but even that moment of cool can't gloss over the fact the blokes a hobo loving kent!!

Cheers!

NT.

PS, if you want to hear it I reckon you can go onto the 'listen again' bit on Radio 6 website and hear George Lambs show, fat forward aabout 2hrs 10mins and you'll hear it.

PPS, FTH.

Christ NT.

I know it's slow news day but.......

Sad to say, neven admitted to havin a season ticket for the trolls at Fester Rd!!

His life has been in a vicious downward spiral since leaving Stamford Bridge. Sounds like he's now hit rock bottom.

We should be so lucky.... Smith blew himself up with a hand grenade in the film!!!

Haha just what I was thinking!!!

We should be so lucky.... Smith blew himself up with a hand grenade in the film!!!

Excellent, was'nt going to see it but if mister smug commits suicide i might have to.

Rudolf's Mate
Excellent, was'nt going to see it but if mister smug commits suicide i might have to.

Sorry if I spoilt the ending :o

Say What Again
Sad to say, neven admitted to havin a season ticket for the trolls at Fester Rd!!

He was interviewed in FourFourTwo a few months back. When asked about his favourite football memory (keeping in mind he played at a decent level and World Cup) it was Hibs winning the CIS Cup.

:wacko:

Cheers!

NT.

PPS, FTH.

I met him once in the reptile house at Chester Zoo. How appropriate. :)

Fair play to Pat. He took his kids to Easter Road as he didn't want them brainwashed by either of the Old Firm.

He has a very big soft spot for the Hearts as well.

He was interviewed in FourFourTwo a few months back. When asked about his favourite football memory (keeping in mind he played at a decent level and World Cup) it was Hibs winning the CIS Cup.

Say it all about him.

p.s. Met up with all your local hotel's crew for a quick beer before KO on Wednesday and your mate Mr G was looking a bit worse for wear. :)

Not a real Hibby then.If he was it would have been Dens 86.:eek:

Not a real Hibby then.If he was it would have been Dens 86.:eek:

Nevin was probably playing for Chelsea against Liverpool that day as Dalglish scored to clinch the title for the Reds

Say What Again
p.s. Met up with all your local hotel's crew for a quick beer before KO on Wednesday and your mate Mr G was looking a bit worse for wear. :)

That was always on the cards with the bus leaving at 1.30pm. I couldn't get the day off work.

He thinks he ended up in the Grassmarket with H the fireman. That was after he sent me 4 blank text messages at 1.30am.

The boy's a nightmare :)

That was always on the cards with the bus leaving at 1.30pm. I couldn't get the day off work.

He thinks he ended up in the Grassmarket with H the fireman. That was after he sent me 4 blank text messages at 1.30am.

The boy's a nightmare :)

Bomber allowed out 'til 1.30!

They were all on good form before the game, even the two oldies.

Jimmy McNulty

To be fair to Nevin, he has always stated that he only has a ST at ER because his kids wanted to follow Hibs. Whether he admits to be a Hibee is another thing.

I always liked Nevin; comes across as a pretty smart man.

Is it me? but I think Pat Nevin, who I rate as a pundit being generally unbaised & calls it as he sees it, as he gets older, is beginning to look like (OlderJKB'ers will remember him) Larry Marshall from the One O'Clock gang.

To be fair to Nevin, he has always stated that he only has a ST at ER because his kids wanted to follow Hibs. Whether he admits to be a Hibee is another thing.

I always liked Nevin; comes across as a pretty smart man.

Mate, he came across as a right erse at half time on Wednesday.

The Real Maroonblood

He would get on well with Romanov then.

I think he was great at half time! Instead of slagging off the Hearts fans banging on the window, which he could easily have done (and which dougie donnelly did do, because he is a *****), he slagged off Rock Steady for not moving them on. He avoided having a pop at Hearts fans when he had pretty good reason to and instead slagged off a company full of thugs!

He mentioned The Fall. I'll look at him in a different light now.

I agree. The Fall were pesh and I have never rated anything that has came out of Mr Smith's gub. I like Nevin less.

I agree. The Fall were pesh and I have never rated anything that has came out of Mr Smith's gub. I like Nevin less.

Mr Smith used to watch Hearts though.

Allegedly.

Mr Smith used to watch Hearts though.

Allegedly.

Aw man. Please tell me this is true. PLEASE. That would surely be the best thing ever.

I met Nevin in Sweden at Euro '92 and got chatting a bit about music. He was listening to the sugercubes at the time and was getting right stuck into Brian McClair for listening to George benson! Pity he comes out with so much s***e these days though.

Rinse your mouth out with Palmolive.

Mark E Smith is the greatest living Jambo.

The People's Chimp

Cheers!

NT.

PPS, FTH.

In case anyone is interested patrick nevin is DJing at the flying duck in Glasgow on the 8th of february.

Is indeed true, he is a good Jambo:)

Haha mental. It is amazing enough that he wrote a song extolling the virtues of Edinburgh whilst slagging off the festival, but to know that he followed Edinburgh's finest while here just makes it all the sweeter.

I mean really...Proclaimers vs M.E.S?

Rinse your mouth out with Palmolive.

Mark E Smith is the greatest living Jambo.

Lot of rubbish bud, cannot stick the man.

I remember Nevin being interviewed on the Saint & Greavsie when he was at Chelsea. He had a Johnny Marr haircut, was wearing a black polo neck and had what sounded like Neu! or Faust playing in the background. Came across like a tormented performance artist.

I think I read somewhere that he encouraged his son to be a Hibbee. TBH that?s fine with me - it would have been so easy for him to just produce yet another OF gloryhunter.

he slagged off Rock Steady.......a company full of thugs!

There are no thugs at Rock Steady, just sad cases who never get a chance to order people around in their normal job (if they have one) and are too mean to pay an admission fee.

Carl Spackler

Was it not Pat Nevin that got pretty irate at half-time about our game against AEK in Athens when the Russian referee sent of Brellier?

Was it not Pat Nevin that got pretty irate at half-time about our game against AEK in Athens when the Russian referee sent of Brellier?

Correct. I have heard that before the game Nevin KNEW the ref had been corrupted and was a homer.

Personally, I'm a big Pat Nevin fan - he's one of the few "pundits" in Scottish media who talks sense and is in his job on merit. Most of them are just ex-cloggers/managers talking cliches and tabloid numpties who can barely string a sentence together.

Archived