Stevie Hammel signed for Motherwell for a measly ?110,000

vegas-voss

Jeez thats a kick in the teeth when you see the crap we have.

Totally agree, really believe that we should have signed him and Maybury. Both are far better fullbacks than we currently have and would definitely have strengthened the team. We have not done any real good business in the last two transfer periods. Can only hope that during the summer we get a new manager and a whole bunch of new players while getting rid of the vast amounts of dross that we have.

Good bit of business by Motherwell..........not!!

This boy came through the youth ranks and left on a free transfer.

Then Motherwell buy him back for over ?100,000.

Footballs gone mad.

Totally agree, really believe that we should have signed him and Maybury. Both are far better fullbacks than we currently have and would definitely have strengthened the team. We have not done any real good business in the last two transfer periods. Can only hope that during the summer we get a new manager and a whole bunch of new players while getting rid of the vast amounts of dross that we have.

TOTALLY AGREE!

I just cannot believe some of the posts on here when we don't sign a player - "LCFC reject" or "won't improve our team" etc, etc. That seems to be their stance on Maybury - can I remind the various KBrs who made similar comments on Stephen Hughes that he has been a star man for Motherwell this season!

The worrying thing for me is that if Frail is in charge then surely he can see we are SCREAMING out for 2 new fullbacks.

Gone are the days when we were (allegedly) signing world cup stars. Some on here have to lower their sights - Maybury and Hammel would have improved the current dross we have at fullback.

He was a quietly effective player at Motherwell. How has he been playing at Southend?

I am not sure that he is any better raw material than Goncalves or Wallace but both of them look like they have never had any coaching. Hammell would have improved the side straight away if he is playing like at Motherwell.

boabyarsebiscuit

Hammell's a good player.

Interestingly Hibs tried to sign him but Petrie wouldn't signoff on his wages. Then he signs for 'Well.

Hammell's a good player.

Interestingly Hibs tried to sign him but Petrie wouldn't signoff on his wages. Then he signs for 'Well.

No surprise there! However my big worry is why was he not a target for Hearts??:sad:

Agree with the OP.

A good, solid fullback for ?100K whilst ours is a total bombscare.

Its enough to make you greet.

boabyarsebiscuit
No surprise there! However my big worry is why was he not a target for Hearts??:sad:

That's a very good question. Would have been an ideal signing for us.

Would have been a great signin in comparison to what we have.

Last year I would have been first on here to say that he isnt Hearts quality but have got to the point in thinking that Hearts quality is a lot lower than my tinted glasses believe.

Him and Maybury at full backs may not be the best in the world but that is just heaven compared to JC and RN.

We turn down ?1.3m for our first choice left back. Motherwell sign a left back for ?110k, a player I would rather have in my team than the "million pound" player we currently have...

That is why it is good business by 'Well.

Archived