Tips for quiting the fags

K1874M

Play the playstation.

That'll keep you occupied.

If she keeps it up it will be bird beating that's keeping me occupied! lol

Miller Jambo 60
Just decided I'm not going to smoke any more...

bit stupid but going to see A. If I have the will power to just wake up and make a snap decision like this and B. If I fail how long I can last.

So far I've eaten 2 bacon rolls and a ham sandwich with coleslaw, I know I cant go on like this so what next??

I'm also drinking lots of water....

Well?

PS I have a nice pipe back home so the J's will stop!

Oh dear Kenny will get you another seat at tyne.

My wife smokes 12 a day living with me can you blame her.

Patches bud.:)

Miller Jambo 60
Nearly 2 years since I stopped. I went cold turkey and was actually ok for 1st few days as I had horrible cold and didnt really need a fag with my coughing and spluttering. By about a week I felt like crap and really wanted fags, but ate stuff instead, think i got addicted to wine gums and had to wean myself off them! I did put on a stone which was pretty bad, but losing that now and back to just eating ok stuff.

I found nights the hardest like coffee and ciggie go together and I never snacked at night or even eat big meals as a smoker.

Think you need something to occupy your hands when trying to stop so as a guy well.....:) or what I did was play rubbish games on my phone instead of fags or snacks! Actually still do that sometimes whilst watching tv still. I have had 2 fags in last 2 years one was on way back from the footy after rubbish game and an argument with an ex, as I always kept a pack in my car just incase I wanted one. I nearly choked on it though and couldnt smoke the whole thing. The last time I had one was when my friend lost her hubby in tragic accident in October, everyone was smoking and I really felt like I needed one, but again I found it horrible. So I think I know i wont ever smoke again after that. I was a smoker for 20 years before that

TAKE UP GOLF:)

Oh dear Kenny will get you another seat at tyne.

My wife smokes 12 a day living with me can you blame her.

Patches bud.:)

Came in to work with a bag of fruit, worked my way thru 3/4's of it all ready lol.

Luckily I'm fairly skinny so could do with a few extra pounds.

Dont buy them or dont put them in your mouth.

Seems very simple to me

:joker:

Funnily enuff you're the third person to say that on this thread lol.

Commander Harris

speaking from personal experience he's totally right as well. :)

Don't let it get to the stage where you have to make a decision. For example, if you're in the supermarket don't go anywhere near the fag counter. If you don't have any you can't smoke them!

Avoiding the temptation at the earliest opportunity is the key IMO.

speaking from personal experience he's totally right as well. :)

Don't let it get to the stage where you have to make a decision. For example, if you're in the supermarket don't go anywhere near the fag counter. If you don't have any you can't smoke them!

Avoiding the temptation at the earliest opportunity is the key IMO.

4 TIMES TWICE FROM YOU

Kenny I stopped in June after 25 years of smoking.

I stopped overnight, the reason because I wanted to. Its all in the mind. If you want to stop it is easy.

I havent craved a fag since.

Now when somebody goes out the office for a fag, the smell off them when they came back is repulsive.

Just promise to only allow yourself a fag after sex, you will never smoke again if what you are sayong about your bird. :ahhhhhhh::shocked666:

lol just cos she's getting on my tits doesnt mean other birds will... like mute ones. lol

Deek, I'd be lying saying I wasnt craving. but reckon I can do it.

Jamie_the_Jambo

Stopped about 7 years ago. Cold turkey is the only way. Although I do like a fag on holiday. Have to buy them as theyre so cheap.

Still miss it but have no cravings for them.

Stopped about 7 years ago. Cold turkey is the only way. Although I do like a fag on holiday. Have to buy them as theyre so cheap.

Still miss it but have no cravings for them.

Good as they are a pain in the erse.... still not had one.

Not feeling any better about it but sure that will fade.

Having a quick pint after work, which should be a nice wee tester.

Don't touch the booze Kenny.

Need to stay off it for at least a couple of weeks.

In saying that, I was inspired by this thread. Made it 'til 3 pm without a tab yesterday. :D

Actually, ignore anything I have to say on the matter.

In saying that, I was inspired by this thread. Made it 'til 3 pm without a tab yesterday. :D

Dont touch booze! Was thinking about it but need to go to the pub to see an old friend for a bit.... one pint will be fine... as long as I have 5 chip rolls ready to stifle the craving for a smoke.

Glad I could of inspiration.... its a first... it really is! lol

I blame the booze for my inability to quit.

That, and my love of tabs.

The world's scientists should really have invented healthy smokes by now, that taste like they do now but leave your breath smelling fresh and your clothes freshly laundered. Is it to much to ask?

Seems like the feckers are too busy putting ears on the back of mice. The mice never even look that happy about it. Do something useful scientists, the Victorians would have had this sorted years ago. Ear growing fecks.

*realises he's ranting and heads out for a cig*

I blame the booze for my inability to quit.

That, and my love of tabs.

The world's scientists should really have invented healthy smokes by now, that taste like they do now but leave your breath smelling fresh and your clothes freshly laundered. Is it to much to ask?

Seems like the feckers are too busy putting ears on the back of mice. The mice never even look that happy about it. Do something useful scientists, the Victorians would have had this sorted years ago. Ear growing fecks.

*realises he's ranting and heads out for a cig*

I did love and probably still do love tabs mate... bit like a filthy berd you keep on the side* thats good but too risky as she leaves marks...

you want to go back but realise its just too much risk and hassle! Infact the similaritys are endless, get up set with the bird... relapse, in both ways lol

* Disclaimer; I dont condone having bits on the side

Would have to disagree. Get it down you, it's one of the few pleasures you've got left! Watch out though, as you get p*ssed as a newt really easily!

Would have to disagree. Get it down you, it's one of the few pleasures you've got left! Watch out though, as you get p*ssed as a newt really easily!

Really? Not smokings going to get me drunker than usual? Surely no? Does it.

Smoked since before I drank so wouldnt know lol. this is officially the longest I've been with out a fag in 10 yrs.

the longest before that was flying to Aus.

alan carrs book is brilliant , my wife and i both stopped (four years ago)after reading it.the book has been handed round family and friends ,most of those who finish it have stopped smoking.

Definitely. Not sure if it's just drinking faster through nerves or whether the tabs help the booze to settle, but watch yourself! It calms down in time and you can start to put them away again!

Definitely. Not sure if it's just drinking faster through nerves or whether the tabs help the booze to settle, but watch yourself! It calms down in time and you can start to put them away again!

Good stuff..... looking forward to these beers now. Having a quiet one so will be able to report back later tonight..... unless of course it floors me! lol

Regards to Alan Carr, not sure he'd help as I'm a sceptic in regards to him saying, ah your not addicted its just a trick etc...

I'd probably sit and slate him whilst reading it.... each to their own.

Stop being a f'n queer and just get on with it.

Queen? me? boy in your line of work calling me a queen has a cheek!!!

Any way its a form of therapy.... sitting on here gabbing away until you come on, the cravings fade when you pop up, feeling of self worth washes all over me.

You are my rent boy mate. Without me your poxy ads would never appear.

Don't forget it.

hahaha hahahah

GOOD BYE CRAVING.... HELLO SELF WORTH!

Archived