Zaliukas vs Hamilton

Victorian

one question...

will the perennial Zali haters have the grace to admit that Zali had a bloody good game tonight?

or is it just all about criticism?

two questions then...

Cardiac Rucksack

He was excellent, never missed a header or tackle all night probably the only reason we have three points his last ditch tackle after Eggerts mistake was class.

Bloody good game ?? he was average the same as Berra. We were playing against a pish 1st division team ffs.

that's one 'no' then.

any more?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Not his biggest fan but he was ok tonight. Still hold my breath any time he gets the ball to feet in his own half though. Berra can play football but Zali cant. As well as a handful of new strikers, I reckon a new centre half needs to be signed sharpish as well

He was alright. No disasters.

Got lucky with the desperate lunge though.

TBF to the OP, no disasters does count as a bloody good game for him.

Thunderstruck
one question...

will the perennial Zali haters have the grace to admit that Zali had a bloody good game tonight?

two questions then...

If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Thought Zal had a very good game tonight. Strong in the air and on the deck, nothing got past him. Was on the wrong end of a nasty tackle and seemed to need constant running repairs after that so another plus point for playing through. Incidentaly, that tackle would have got a straight red if it been the other way around.

Almost gave away a stupid penalty,had a half deacent game but he gives the impression that the next balls up is not too far away.Being good in the air doesnt make him a good centre half.

If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Thought Zal had a very good game tonight. Strong in the air and on the deck, nothing got past him. Was on the wrong end of a nasty tackle and seemed to need constant running repairs after that so another plus point for playing through. Incidentaly, that tackle would have got a straight red if it been the other way around.

exactly. shocker of a challenge, mcdonald's cards were super-glued into the pocket though.

best in the land

very average.

makes everyone nervous.

on another night we'd have conceded a penalty and he'd be off again.

we need to sign a decent experienced centre half asap.

zaliukas is not the answer.

also need one who can take the captaincy.

pos russell anderson if fit. heres hoping

He was alright. No disasters.

Got lucky with the desperate lunge though.

Well he tried very hard in the second half to give away a penalty but got away with it.

He is still a bombscare in my book and persistently sits far to deep and Berra who is supposed to be the captain does nothing about it as he has exactly the same problem, he gets a nosebleed if he gets within 10 yards of the halfway line (excluding set pieces).

one question...

two questions then...

I think when we keep a clean sheet, appreciation must go to the defense as a collective

Well done

However my appreciation stops at defense. Nade was good so i'll give him it to actually

Bruno was woeful, I didn't even notice ruben till 70 mins gone and we could not score in a brothel

I think when we keep a clean sheet, appreciation must go to the defense as a collective

Well done

However my appreciation stops at defense. Nade was good so i'll give him it to actually

Bruno was woeful, I didn't even notice ruben till 70 mins gone and we could not score in a brothel

Apart from when we scored.

one question...

two questions then...

Well said

And well played Big Zal.

How do you nearlygive a penalty away ?

:rolleyes:

Zaclueless is p1sh ................. end off.

Can we make it a JKB rule that if you use this (cough) 'phrase' then your opinion is automatically not valid? :cool:

Zaliukas played well, just like he has for 80% of the games this season. The only problem is that he switches off completely during the other 20% and this is unacceptable as a centre half. Has the talent to be kept around as a back up but should not play every game.

Scott_HMFC1874

Zal infuriates me. Has the potential to be a good centre half, if he works on not making huge mistakes. Its at least one a game.

I got him and Jonsson mixed up after Jonsson's mistake, hence why i gave him a crap rating on another thread. But I was holding my breath when he decked that Hamilton boy in the box.

Forever Maroon
one question...

two questions then...

the guy does alright from time to time, but as others have said already every time he gets the ball he makes me nervous, last night was a better game form him but it was only Hamilton & TBH the amount of defending we had to do in the 2nd half was embarrassing??. He still made his classic mistake last night, a week clearance up the line from which Hamilton had a snap shot to the near post & then a goal line scramble with Hamilton getting a corner ? JUST PUT IT OUT FOR A THROW IN BIG MAN & LET THE DEFENCE REGROUP ? IT?S NO FECKEN ROCKET SCIENCE

Teuchterjambo
one question...

two questions then...

Couldn't get to the game tonight but if you think that a single good performance is going to change the considered opinions of many people formed over a long period of time then there is something seriously flawed in the way you make judgements !

I don't hate him - I just think he isn't up to the required standard and unfortunately for him that will attract criticism - it's a hard world out there !

Him and Nade were the best Hearts players last night by a fair distance.Johnnson and Wallace must thank God they are not Lithuanian after their performances.

Guest JamboRobbo

Zaliukas got through 90 minutes without costing us a goal. Well done Zal - quite an achievement for you. A couple of woefully misplaced passes, and a bit of an incident in the box where he got a bit far from the ball whilst sheilding someone out, but other than that, no bombscare moments.

I would't say his performance is worthy of a thread full of praise though - the performance he produced is just the absolute basic minimum that players should produce. Go out, avoid major blunders. Nothing more. I'm sure normal service will be resumed soon enough.

Nade on the other hand, now there is a performance.

I am defo a zali hater just fir the fact that he will play no matter what and it took a sending off to displace him from the team.

Last night thought he played well though

still not the only one in predicting another schoolboy error in ther post

I thought big Zal did a decent job tonight, won his headers, cleared his lines well most of the time and ushered the ball out of the park a few times in a Goncalves-esque manner.

At times, he just really scares me that's all.

I would still prefer a back two of Berra & Karipidis, with Neilson at RB and Eggert playing the holding role.

The one thing i'll say for him, there can be few defenders in the SPL who attack headers with the same power he does. I'm certain it puts off most forwards from really challenging him

one question...

two questions then...

Oh my god, the guy has one decent game......... He is woeful. Think back to Pressley, Webster, Levein Weir etc etc etc. Zali is 1/10 as a defender these guys would rate about 9/10.

Zali is not good enough for Hearts, if he is the standard expect 8th in the league, like last season for example

A couple of posters have mentioned misplaced passes. I think, and I've said it on other threads, they're getting Zal and Eggert mixed up. From a distance they look alike and I made that mistake a few times until I saw their numbers. Eggert hardly found his own man last night, consistently giving the ball away and missing tackles. Zal, on the other hand, was solid and took no chances. I'm one who thought he shouldn't have been playing last night but, credit where credit's due, he played well.

I guess it doesnt matter what any of us think

Seems he will play regardless of form if he is fit and not suspended, and regardless of the form of others who fill in in his absence

My question is - what is the maximum amount of defenders we will play in the team at home any one time this season.

Any advance on 6? (7 if you count Obua as a left back, which i wont for the time being)

he played ok. not as good as berra, much better than Eggert Jonsson. Given how limited Hamilton were, losing a goal would have been disgraceful to be honest.

Guest JamboRobbo
A couple of posters have mentioned misplaced passes. I think, and I've said it on other threads, they're getting Zal and Eggert mixed up.

Nope, definately not getting him mixed up. Yes, Eggert had a few misplaced passes too.

In Zaliukas case, It was the trade mark, kick it WAY too hard in the general direction of someone. One in particular I remember was fired at the head of Obua on the left wing right in front of me in the first half. He had to jump to try and keep it in the park with his head.

From a distance they look alike and I made that mistake a few times until I saw their numbers. Eggert hardly found his own man last night, consistently giving the ball away and missing tackles. Zal, on the other hand, was solid and took no chances. I'm one who thought he shouldn't have been playing last night but, credit where credit's due, he played well.

What do you think he did well exactly? I'll give you that he made no blunders for once, and didn't cost us any goals?

But "played well"? Come one. There was only one player on that park who played well - Christian Nade.

If we'd stuck him on the Hamilton team, they'd have won the match instead of us.

Archived