For what it's worth....

Izzy

.....ok, I'm trying to take a couple of positives from what is a disappoining transfer window.

1. No new Kaunas duds. :) Is Vlad, perhaps, really taking a back step from football management?

2. No new signings. Maybe, just maybe, we have a manager waiting in the wings so there would be no point in SF trying to sign 'his' targets.

3. Ibrahim Tall. I really thought he was on the way out this window... is he possibly staying? I'd be delighted if he was.

Personally, if we have to wait for the end of the season to get a top manager in, then fine... as long as it happens. At least then, with the 'top manager' we might have some chance of attracting some decent players and we would also be able to sell the 'we'll be challenging for a European place' card, better than we could at the minute... another reason nobody worth their salt would sign for us at the moment.

What I'm trying to say is, SF has been playing as close to a settled squad as we've had since Burley. We've got a couple of decent players to come back in ie. Kingston, Aguiar and some promising youngsters. I really believe we have a squad that should be in the top 3 or 4 and we can still achieve that. Yes we're a few quality players short and there are a few players at the moment who shouldn't get anywhere near the first team. But if there is a manager on the way, it's probaby best that signings are left until he arrives.

.....ok, I'm trying to take a couple of positives from what is a disappoining transfer window.

1. No new Kaunas duds. :) Is Vlad, perhaps, really taking a back step from football management?

2. No new signings. Maybe, just maybe, we have a manager waiting in the wings so there would be no point in SF trying to sign 'his' targets.

3. Ibrahim Tall. I really thought he was on the way out this window... is he possibly staying? I'd be delighted if he was.

Personally, if we have to wait for the end of the season to get a top manager in, then fine... as long as it happens. At least then, with the 'top manager' we might have some chance of attracting some decent players and we would also be able to sell the 'we'll be challenging for a European place' card, better than we could at the minute... another reason nobody worth their salt would sign for us at the moment.

What I'm trying to say is, SF has been playing as close to a settled squad as we've had since Burley. We've got a couple of decent players to come back in ie. Kingston, Aguiar and some promising youngsters. I really believe we have a squad that should be in the top 3 or 4 and we can still achieve that. Yes we're a few quality players short and there are a few players at the moment who shouldn't get anywhere near the first team. But if there is a manager on the way, it's probaby best that signings are left until he arrives.

1) We continue to have a load of Kaunas duds and our 2 signings this window - Kurskis and Screpis came from there.

2) We brought in Kurskis and Screpis and lost Pospisil. Our strikers are by far the weakest part of the team. Weakened further up front.

3) Tall is injured and will be frozen out as a contract rebel/traitor

200milesfromgorgie
1) We continue to have a load of Kaunas duds and our 2 signings this window - Kurskis and Screpis came from there.

2) We brought in Kurskis and Screpis and lost Pospisil. Our strikers are by far the weakest part of the team. Weakened further up front.

but on the plus side we've reached record season ticket sales this year!:confused:

..ok

1. I should have said 'new Kaunas' duds. But Screpis was always coming to Hearts. He was on trial at pre-season. For some reason he had to spend 6 months a Kaunas as part of his contract, supposedly.

2. Kurskis... I'll give you that. But we had him already.

3. Like I said, I was under the impression he WAS on his way out. But it hasn't happened. There was talk of a French? club trying to buy him a couple of months back.

cobbyshambles
..ok

2. Kurskis... I'll give you that. But we had him already.

yes but we also extended the mugs contract.

but on the plus side we've reached record season ticket sales this year!:confused:

And we've applied for planning for a new stand!

And we\'ve applied for planning for a new stand!

And we are seeking a new manager with experience of British football (I think that was the quote)

Archived