Time To Be Realistic

dallan

Why would Vlad spend money right now.

Best we can achieve is top six

Can't win any cups

Can't get a European place

Won't get relegated

Season Tickets in the bag

The best players from the Man U, Chelski, and Liverpooooool squads would not do any better right now.

Can't win any cups

Won't get relegated

The best players from the Man U, Chelski, and Liverpooooool squads would not do any better right now.

Got to admire your faith but I'm more pessimistic.

I foresee promises from now until May/June (season ticket buying time) intended to whip the masses into a frenzy.

I then foresee us being "linked" with a top quality manager and a top quality signing or two (more ST's sold).

I then foresee these deals falling through, bringing in more Kaunas deadwood and Kingston being sold mid-late July.

I then foresee the same post on JKB throughout next season, only angrier still...

Can't win any cups

Won't get relegated

Or even more realistic.

If Vlad is going to get Hearts to challenge Rangers and Celtic then we are going to have to match their spending and that is not possible now as they are spending millions on players.

We missed the boat a couple of seasons ago and now we must bide our time and wait for the next chance to challenge, this might well be ten years from now.

We should accept what we have is all we will get and enjoy our trips to Europe every two or three years.

We_are_the_Hearts
Or even more realistic.

If Vlad is going to get Hearts to challenge Rangers and Celtic then we are going to have to match their spending and that is not possible now as they are spending millions on players.

We missed the boat a couple of seasons ago and now we must bide our time and wait for the next chance to challenge, this might well be ten years from now.

We should accept what we have is all we will get and enjoy our trips to Europe every two or three years.

That's fine but it was VLAD who raised the fans expectations. It's up to him to explain why these targets were not met. He won't though as he knows it will affect season ticket sales. Watch for the PR machine to roll out in the summer again. He is playing with our loyalty and love for the club.;)

Or even more realistic.

Right now we are not even challenging Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hibs or even Falkirk and we are supposed to have more spending power than them. Why's that?

Can't win any cups

Won't get relegated

Once again someone gets it totally back to front.

Well never get top 6 if we DONT buy.

Same as when we were in Europe.

Some people said, why invest unitl we get past the first rounds? ... Duh, how about investing to make sure we get past those rounds?

Speculate to accumulate....you need to risk to get the reward. Not play cautious all the time.

Are we being punished for past seasons of signing duds?

What happened to the 'no problem' ?10m per year budget?

Have the Romanovs run out of money?

Changed their strategy, more likely. They're not the first to see the potential we have, think a higher budget is perfectly sustainable - then get a big shock, when they realise how little money there is in Scottish football. Hence, I think, VR's recent comments about the need for investment in other non-OF clubs - because only if the SPL becomes much more competitive and unpredictable will its profile improve, so having a channce to secure a much bigger TV deal, and so on and so on.

Changed their strategy, more likely. They're not the first to see the potential we have, think a higher budget is perfectly sustainable - then get a big shock, when they realise how little money there is in Scottish football. Hence, I think, VR's recent comments about the need for investment in other non-OF clubs - because only if the SPL becomes much more competitive and unpredictable will its profile improve, so having a channce to secure a much bigger TV deal, and so on and so on.

It is possible that they have finally woken up to the reality as you say.

But why then have they not changed the drivel coming out of Tynecastle from the ambition to be a 'top European club' then?

I think they have run out of money and interest.

That's fine but it was VLAD who raised the fans expectations. It's up to him to explain why these targets were not met. He won't though as he knows it will affect season ticket sales. Watch for the PR machine to roll out in the summer again. He is playing with our loyalty and love for the club.;)

Hi WatH, It is Vlad here. Sorry for raising your expectations like that but we never realisied the job would be so hard and I did make quite a few silly mistakes. The ball is burst now mate so we better get used to it. At least we will have a new stand in a few years time and this wil guarentee Hearts future and we stay in Gorgie forever.

VLAD.

It is possible that they have finally woken up to the reality as you say.

But why then have they not changed the drivel coming out of Tynecastle from the ambition to be a 'top European club' then?

I think they have run out of money and interest.

What drivel? I think their ambition is to regularly qualify for Europe - which is attainable - and hopefully boost the coefficient to the point where we can make real inroads in continental competition, so increasing our profile. I'd say that's also attainable too. I can't see much happening unless or until the Main Stand is rebuilt, though - because it just makes no economic sense at all (and, addedum to what I wrote above, it must be possible that UBIG have got tough with Vlad with regard to this too).

Romanov has alread missed his best chance to reel in the Old Firm that we'll get in maybe the next 5-10 years. From the minute he got rid of Burley, he signaled his true ambitions to us there and then. Sorry, but the OF have both been struggling the last few years and have been there for the taking. As things stand now, I think both clubs will/can only get better over the next while and with the squads they're building, there's no doubt they have better individual players, not to mention managers.

There was a time to speculate to accumulate, but Romanov chose not to take it. Sorry if that sounds pessimistic, but I think its such a wasted opportunity and is there for all to see.

Once again someone gets it totally back to front.

Well never get top 6 if we DONT buy.

Same as when we were in Europe.

Some people said, why invest unitl we get past the first rounds? ... Duh, how about investing to make sure we get past those rounds?

Speculate to accumulate....you need to risk to get the reward. Not play cautious all the time.

Are we being punished for past seasons of signing duds?

How much money would you invest to get a top six place...........

about the same amount of money as levein got, you know, the money the club could actually turnover?

If that's what you think then I wonder if we can get a refund for half the season as it is duly over and the fans once again have been ripped off?!!

Unless we need to wait until the new stand and associated buildings are in place to start getting decent money available for transfers? But then would that money not be needed firstly to actually pay for the development?

I've no idea what's going on is what I'm trying to say :)

[quoteWhy would Vlad spend money right now.

Can't win any cups

Won't get relegated

The best players from the Man U, Chelski, and Liverpooooool squads would not do any better right now.]

i personally was not expecting a great deal of money to be spent however what I would like to have seen was some deadwood cleared out and a couple of experienced pros to come in. We have lost our core players in recent seasons and they have not been replaced. I believe that we have the makings of a good side but there are too few players with a real will to win.

If that's what you think then I wonder if we can get a refund for half the season as it is duly over and the fans once again have been ripped off?!!

Time to get real - the season is over, the point being buying new players aint going to change that..........

Hang on a minute! Is Vlad not meant to be a high powered 'businessman' according to some?

If he has got this so badly wrong he cannot have done any research or was never willing to put his hand in his own pocket, which has already been proved.

It is obvious he thought that he could do better with his lunatic methods rather than embrace a system that has worked for years and has failed.

He has lost interest because of this and the clown man is proving himself to be atotal arse.

Hang on a minute! Is Vlad not meant to be a high powered 'businessman' according to some?

If he has got this so badly wrong he cannot have done any research or was never willing to put his hand in his own pocket, which has already been proved.

It is obvious he thought that he could do better with his lunatic methods rather than embrace a system that has worked for years and has failed.

He has lost interest because of this and the clown man is proving himself to be atotal arse.

As you say, the system which we used for years and years did fail, to the point whereby we entered into a deal to sell our ground! So Vlad naturally figured a different way was entirely necessary: and got his fingers burnt. That's a problem facing the whole of Scottish football, not just Vlad - so he's changed tack. What's the big deal here, exactly?

Guest JamboRobbo

Can't win any cups

Won't get relegated

because it is not acceptable for Hearts to be in its current position in the league?

Following a spell of dominance and overspending by both halves of the OF, our legue is much more competitive at the moment. Most clubs have also realised that foreign imports are not the way forward in many ways. And we've also returned to the days of old where the OF have been buying up the best of the other Scottish Club's homegrown players.

Now, on the face of it, that's hard to take. And I'm not pleased about it. But financially speaking, at least the money is staying in Scotland again. While the TV money on offer is shocking, the resurgence of the national team, the OF doing well in Europe and the amount of Scots playing for SPL clubs has meant that the profile of Scottish players is higher than it has been in a very long time. Which is why we got 9M for Gordon and why the huns have got a similar figure for Hutton.

So while we can never compete with the wages and fees going on in England, I think the Scottish game is finding a new level for itself where clubs realise that they can do well in the SPL with homegrown players, not to mention the fact that these players may also be sold at a later date to bring in a decent sum of money to be reinvested.

All of the above has been on the cards for a few years and clubs who have been slowly getting rid of the foreign imports and moving to Scottish players on the whole, are now seeing benefits both on and off the pitch. And this isn't a "all foreign players are crap" argument as that's clearly rubbish. But I think its plain to see that lots of clubs in the SPL are being much more competitive now on the pitch and their finances aren't suffering as much either as they don't feel the need to try and compete with the OF by just constantly signing foreign players on inflated wages.

This also isn't an anti-Lithuanian rant either. Just an observation about how most other clubs noticed the changing climate and adapted to it, while Vlad seems to have ignored it completely and taken us off on his own crazy direction.

Time to get real - the season is over, the point being buying new players aint going to change that..........

I am getting real! He's lingered on with interim managers come puppets for the past 2 years and the squad might have the quantity but not so much quality.If he had at least got in a couple of good players and got rid of all the dead wood then I might be a wee bit more happy. Neilson and Goncalves must be the worst 2 full backs in the Premier league.I'm not enjoying watching Hearts at the moment are you??

Surely the players we currently have are good enough to get us into the top 6, we've watched what the likes of gretna, st midden, killie.... we are better than them. If a new manager is coming in then surely it is right that the money should be kept back for him to spend, giving frail millions to spend on his players and none for a new manager just doesn't make sense.

I think the spending will be curbed till the new stand is built, again which makes sense why build substantial interest in people going to the game until you can accomodate them, those of us that have and have had season tickets over the years will likely continue to go and SUPPORT OUR TEAM. being a jambo has not in my lifetime been about winning the league and yet I still continue to support them, do you think Killie or Falkirk fans realistically think they have a chance of winning the spl, they still go and support their team. The events of this season involving refereeing decisions highlight how difficult it is to challenge the old firm, lets just bide our time and enjoy the highs when they come.:)

"clubs who have been slowly getting rid of the foreign imports and moving to Scottish players on the whole, are now seeing benefits both on and off the pitch"

interesting !

any clubs in particular / as an example ?

and the benefits ?

and what do you think VR's options might be ?

Yours in 'I really can't understand what VR's game-plan is'

TW

Can't win any cups

Won't get relegated

Agree to an extent.

It would be silly to bring in new players if he is serious about bringing in a reputable manager. We are not going to get relagted and things have improved slightly under Frail, although he is defo not the answer.

I am probably being naive, however I am hoping they get man in between now and at least a few weeks before pre season and have a real go next season.

What I couldnt handle is a summer of uncertainty leading into preseason, which would no doubt lead to another nightmare start. If that happens, my little remaing faith will be gone.

"clubs who have been slowly getting rid of the foreign imports and moving to Scottish players on the whole, are now seeing benefits both on and off the pitch"

interesting !

any clubs in particular / as an example ?

and the benefits ?

and what do you think VR's options might be ?

Yours in 'I really can't understand what VR's game-plan is'

TW

Most of the clubs above us in the league for starters :)

Benefits? Reduced wages and signing fees if you bring youngsters through. Possible further revenue by selling these youngsters on at a later date. The players you play, sign and develop all have experience of the SPL and know what it means to play for your club. They know what's expected of them.

Our league is much more competitive than it has been in a long time and I genuinely believe that is down to the other teams closing the gap on the OF. I admit that some of that gap as been closed as a result of the OF (huns in particular) downsizing, but there's no doubt that the other clubs have improved and I do think that's because they've ditched the idea of trying to bring in second and third-rate foreign players.

But just now, I have no idea what Romanov's grand plan is as he seems to have assembled a pi$$-poor collection of players who are leaderless both on and off the pitch.

Archived