If Robson is in at Celtic, is Hartley on the way out?

Shotgun-Boogie

They have sold Jarosik so I dont think they will be letting Hartley go anywhere at the moment . I also dont think Hartley would come back at the moment .

However in answer to your question , yes I would love Hartley back as I think thats exactly the kind of player we are missing at the moment , a box to box midfielder ( not how he plays at smelltic !! ) like he used to do for us .

We need a Hartley / Cameron type player IMO , Kingston is great ( and a better player ) but does not fill that particular role .

Would have Hartley back in a minute, a winner who knows how to win games which at the moment we are sadly lacking, great motivator, he has been sorely missed, Stewart is not in the same league.

Do I think he would come back?

Eh No!!!

Paul Hartley was an outstanding Hearts player and even though he went to the east end of the west I won't hear a word against him.

However, let's not spoil it by even imagining he could have the same effect in the current set up. If he came back then our memories of his first spell would be somewhat clouded.

Notwithstanding the current turmoil, could he, at 31, be the same box to box player he was 2-3 years ago? I don't think he could.

So I (reluctantly) would vote No.

Why would signing Robson mean Hartly goes.The guy has been played in virtually every position for Celtic this season bar Goalkeeper and Centre Half.Mr versatile will still be at Celtic for awhile yet.

Spitonastranger

after stewert's last few displays, i think wednesday sumed it up for me that what we were missing was a midfielder who would drive forward and was a goal threat, at least hartley would have provided that:o

Archived