Maybury, Robson, Nish.....

tinpot

All mentioned as candidates for the window, all gone to Hearts rivals...

None of them, Robson aside, would have been great signings, but all of them would have been an improvement on some of the merchandise kicking around in the Tynecastle locker-room at present.

Ah well, maybe Screpis, might turn out to be a poorman's Messi, even if his name does sound like a skin condition. He'll probably turn out to be the poorman's Fabian Caballero, though.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Colin Nish - are you seriously trying to say he's better than either Nade or Velicka? This isn't just because he's gone to Hibs, the guy is carthorse. I've got Hibs mates who reckon they'd have been netter off keeping the Courier guy than Nish. Maybury would have been a squad player, and Robson wouldn't have signed for Hearts, so I'm not going to get upset about him no being here.

Yeh am not worried other these three signings tbh

Nish is rank

Maybury a bit disapointed but not the end of the world getting on a bit

Robson imho is a great signing for celtic, he will sit on there bench + him leaving weakens United who are our real rivals for the uefa cup spots

Yep and HIbs, Aberdeen, DUFC, Gretna, ICT and Motherwell all lost players in the window too. We lost nobody - which admittedly is not ideal in some instances.

Who cares that Screpis is the only arrival. 2 years ago we got 12 players and only Goncalves managed to establish himself.

Quit moaning and support Hearts.

Yeh am not worried other these three signings tbh

Nish is rank

Maybury a bit disapointed but not the end of the world getting on a bit

Robson imho is a great signing for celtic, he will sit on there bench + him leaving weakens United who are our real rivals for the uefa cup spots

Totally agree. I remember the last game at Rugby Park where Berra gave Nish a 5 yard start over 10 yards and still beat him to the ball. Maybury, especially in today's climate, would pick up to many cards and the departure of Robson will have weakened Dundee United considerably. We already have the players, if they are coached and motivated, to rapidly climb the table.

All mentioned as candidates for the window, all gone to Hearts rivals...

None of them, Robson aside, would have been great signings, but all of them would have been an improvement on some of the merchandise kicking around in the Tynecastle locker-room at present.

Ah well, maybe Screpis, might turn out to be a poorman's Messi, even if his name does sound like a skin condition. He'll probably turn out to be the poorman's Fabian Caballero, though.

There was no point in signing Robson, especially for that kind of money, a 29 year old with no sell-on value at all. Paying ?1.25m then about ?10k a week would have been stupid.

As for Nish, people have had a go at Vlad for years about bringing in players without the managers approval, but judging by Fat Mixu's comments last night on Radio Scotland, Nish was going to ER whether he liked it or not.

There was no point in signing Robson, especially for that kind of money, a 29 year old with no sell-on value at all. Paying ?1.25m then about ?10k a week would have been stupid.

As for Nish, people have had a go at Vlad for years about bringing in players without the managers approval, but judging by Fat Mixu's comments last night on Radio Scotland, Nish was going to ER whether he liked it or not.

That is spot on clubs have done that for years

I could imagine mixu sitting in his office in finalnd wondering what colin nish could bring to the finnish league

Rangers are another great example I remember Colin Hendry being signed a few weeks before Advocaat was even appointed

Mad vlad maybe takes it a bit to far though by actually admitting he is doing it

Totally agree. I remember the last game at Rugby Park where Berra gave Nish a 5 yard start over 10 yards and still beat him to the ball. Maybury, especially in today's climate, would pick up to many cards and the departure of Robson will have weakened Dundee United considerably. We already have the players, if they are coached and motivated, to rapidly climb the table.

We do NOT have a Right Back!

Archived