"Accident" on Russian Nuclear Submarine

Rawrrrrrrr

Of course we should be worried. A submarine on routine sea trials that isn't in active service has a fault with a system.

Dangerous stuff there I'd say.

Of course we should be worried. A submarine on routine sea trials that isn't in active service has a fault with a system.

Dangerous stuff there I'd say.

I would be more inclined to be worried if it was in active service.

The sea trials showed up that there was a fault. Of course the loss of life is extremely tragic, however it is the risk you take working in such an environment.

Or were you being sarcastic?

I am never too sure these days on KB!

I would be more inclined to be worried if it was in active service.

The sea trials showed up that there was a fault. Of course the loss of life is extremely tragic, however it is the risk you take working in such an environment.

Or were you being sarcastic?

I am never too sure these days on KB!

Option 2.

I would imagine the twenty reported dead crewmen would have really worried if they had known their future.

There probably is some concern for us all, the Russian navy are cruising around, allegedly, with poorly maintained vessels, and poorly paid crew. One of these accident spilling large quantities of radiation in the air would make global warming seem like a campfire.

If any group should worry about submarine management, and the crew members qualifications and abilities it should be Hearts supporters for obvious reasons .;)

It's a new ship undergoing sea trials.

Some ***** let off the fire system that uses lethal gas to quickly put out fires.

Terrible tradegy but hardly worrying for anyone other than Russian Navy personnel.

Well I would rather die peacefully in my sleep than in a metal tube filling with poisonous gas, wouldn't you?!

I think only 3 were crewmen; the rest were all civilians - perhaps the ones who installed the fire extinguishing system.

At least the Russians can crew their vessels - the Aussies have 6 state of the art conventional subs and can only man 3 of them. Many highly trained engineers etc. have just decamped for Western Australian mining and the big bikkies to be earned there (despite huge bonuses offered by the Navy).

In the words of Frankie Boyle: "Drug-fuelled sex heart attack" :P

Hahaha - John Entwhistle syndrome? :rolleyes:

Well I would rather die peacefully in my sleep than in a metal tube filling with poisonous gas, wouldn't you?!

Isn't suffocation like drowning and hypothermia where there is a sort of ecstacy before death?

Anyway, death is death once it's over there's no sort of "blimey, I don't want to go through that again" feeling. :o

Archived