What Is The Correct Way to Behave At A Football Match?

Guest juvehearts

Guest juvehearts

[modedit] regarding debating what is the right way to behave at a football match.

id like to open this thread & see different views on what is correct & incorect to hear/see at a football match.

My personal view on this is that, football fans/people in general go to enjoy the spectical of a football match & leave without insident.

Most fans are passionate about their team & this can spill into catgories that cross a line with some people.

passion always causes conflict & that what makes football an enjoyable experiance to go to.

weither we all agree that the referee made a correct decision, or a player made a bad pass or move.

try & keep the debate on topic but i would love examples of what is good & bad conduct without this being deleted or being closed.

Juve.

Support your team by singing your teams songs. Staying away from things that have nowt to do with football in Scotland. For a start religion and politics.

If you sing abuse at your opponents then it shoudl be about them. For example singing about Hibs being pish and not being able to win the Scottish cup. The abuse should just be banter and not bile.

Since posts keep disappearing on JBK when regarding debating what is the right way to behave at a football match...

Could one of the admin or mods explain why they are disappearing threads today.

[modedit] regarding debating what is the right way to behave at a football match.

id like to open this thread & see different views on what is correct & incorect to hear/see at a football match.

My personal view on this is that, football fans/people in general go to enjoy the spectical of a football match & leave without insident.

Most fans are passionate about their team & this can spill into catgories that cross a line with some people.

passion always causes conflict & that what makes football an enjoyable experiance to go to.

weither we all agree that the referee made a correct decision, or a player made a bad pass or move.

try & keep the debate on topic but i would love examples of what is good & bad conduct without this being deleted or being closed.

Juve.

As long as our plooky faced band of bigots can get some sense of worth from their pathetic antics, then I'm fall for it.

It's the people who bring along their bairns I feel sorry for.

Guest juvehearts

I emailed (PM'd) mod 5

awaiting a responce.

does anyone know what mod is on today?

Juve

[modedit] OP is there any guidlines on how to behave and ootball who has written them and decided upon them.

I Think the behaviour of fans at football games should be like society in a whole.

Guest juvehearts
I thought I was losing the plot two threads I have posted on today so far have disappeared.

back to the OP is there any guidlines on how to behave and ootball who has written them and decided upon them.

I Think the behaviour of fans at football games should be like society in a whole.

their is on the back of your ticketing stub .crminal law act 1995 (scotland)it is an offence punchiable by law for someone to enter the ground

1. whilst in the posession of a controled contanior which is capiable of being thrown to cause harm.

2 in posession of alcohol

3. whilst drunk (define drunk)

4. whilst in posession of flairs or anything that will smoke or gas (smoke bomb)

5. any fireworks.

then it is conditions.

blah blah blah

their is on the back of your ticketing stub .crminal law act 1995 (scotland)it is an offence punchiable by law for someone to enter the ground

1. whilst in the posession of a controled contanior which is capiable of being thrown to cause harm.

4. whilst in posession of flairs or anything that will smoke or gas (smoke bomb)

5. any fireworks.

then it is conditions.

blah blah blah

Doesn't say anything about being stoned, pilled or tripping off your nut though.

Fire in, lads. It's almost asking us to!

• Moderators

Two thread were removed from the Terrace today as they had turned into flag debates, which are explicitly against the forum rules.

Mod 6

Two thread were removed from the Terrace today as they had turned into flag debates, which are explicitly against the forum rules.

Mod 6

We don't discuss moderating decisions. :eek:

Guest juvehearts

Mod 6

will action be taken against anyone that was envloved in this?

personally i thought it was a good honest debate about the game yeserday & what is the correct way to behave at a football match hence this thread

thanks for clearing that up mod6.

could i suggest next time that you close the thread & give a reason as to why it is closed & if or if not any action will be taken like the last time. rather than remove the whole thread.

Like referees, all we ask for is a little bit of consistity.

Juve

5. any fireworks.

then it is conditions.

blah blah blah

Does it say anything about not being able to spell?:)

Guest juvehearts
Is it a coincidence that those who think certain behaviour is acceptable are clearly uneducated thickos?

What do you think is unacceptiable behavour?

need referances.

obviously secteraian & gloryfing terrorism chanting is outlawed.

hopefully the SFA & SPL will put their words into action & sanction & dock points to any team that partipastes in these chanting's.

unfortunally this includes some fans of hearts & IMO feel we will be the 1st club to be 'made an example of' as the MOds of the footballing world are scared to put words into action when it comes to the ugly sisters.

Guest juvehearts
Does it say anything about not being able to spell?:)

is this a spelling school or a typing class?

if you have nothing constructive to add to the debate regardless of spelling, grammer or suchlike then dont bother,

Supprisingly you understood my point! ;)

juve

How come when it comes to debates

Especially when it is deemed to offend the far left minded people on this board.

It turns in to a spelling bee and we have a different opinion must mean people are uneducated.

You obviously get the point leave out the petty snidy digs.

Is it a coincidence that those who think certain behaviour is acceptable are clearly uneducated thickos?

It brings up an interesting point.In a crowd,esp football,people who would normally see themselves as rational,intelligent guys turn into raving lunatics.

Not all the time but in certain instances.There is,of course,behaviour that is way out of order but i think it can be easy to say they are all idiots.How many people on here have looked back at their behaviour at a game and thought "I lost it a bit today."Quite a lot,i'd wager.

Guest juvehearts
It brings up an interesting point.In a crowd,esp football,people who would normally see themselves as rational,intelligent guys turn into raving lunatics.

Not all the time but in certain instances.There is,of course,behaviour that is way out of order but i think it can be easy to say they are all idiots.How many people on here have looked back at their behaviour at a game and thought "I lost it a bit today."Quite a lot,i'd wager.

Boab every game for me,

i wear my heart on my sleve & normally vent it at the wheatfield linesman or the opposition manager at an away game.

only game I dont is the san Giro!!!

Exactly everybody has behaved at a football game differently to the way the would behave in normal life.

Even the far left pc brigade have.

is this a spelling school or a typing class?

if you have nothing constructive to add to the debate regardless of spelling, grammer or suchlike then dont bother,

Supprisingly you understood my point! ;)

juve

'Twas a joke.

Hence :)

Cool it.

No need for the vitriol.

Guest juvehearts
'Twas a joke.

Hence :)

Cool it.

No need for the vitriol.

Gonae sound like gordon brown here at PMQ's but yet again nothing constructive to come out of your post rather than be a wind up merchent.

joke or no joke i want to keep this post on track to hear everone's view as to what is or is not deemed acceptiable.

(que the here here form the back benchers lol)

Getting right behind the team with clapping good things.

Singing good Hearts related songs.

Not singing songs that are related to bigotry sectarianism or that are generally seen as Rangers songs.

Not moaning too much when little things don't go right for our players (i.e. 1 misplaced pass)

Giving the referee it tight when he messes up

This doesn't mean I am part of the "prawn sandwiche brigade" because I don't like bringing religion, race or nationality into my songs.

At tynecastle, I do not sit in the family section because it is very likely I will call the opposition players and referree "*******s", "*****" and similarly nasty names.

Guest juvehearts

Not singing songs that are related to bigotry sectarianism or that are generally seen as Rangers songs.

Not moaning too much when little things don't go right for our players (i.e. 1 misplaced pass)

This doesn't mean I am part of the "prawn sandwiche brigade" because I don't like bringing religion, race or nationality into my songs.

At tynecastle, I do not sit in the family section because it is very likely I will call the opposition players and referree "*******s", "*****" and similarly nasty names.

Like i have said before IF hearts continue to spout this bile out at away games it is US that & not them that will be made an example of & points deucted.

time to stamp it out now & name & shame.

I wouldsuggest that everyone knows perfectly well how they should behave at a football match.

Most people manage to achieve this all the time. However there are those, who have little or no sense of propriety &cannot behave appropriately whatever the occasion.

We have our own nutters, we should deal with them before we start to castigate the Mhanky mob for taking the path of least resistance.

PS when are the EDinburgh police & our Stewards going to grow some balls & start sorting the sellick support out once & for all. We get it tight at Darkheid, we pay enough for them to be able to dictate WHAT THE POLICY SHOULD BE WITHIN OUR STADIUM.

Guest juvehearts

AGAIN posts have been removed from this topic.

my OP has been mod edited.

WHY?

is it because you dont like the truth. or am i not allowed to speak out about the mods on JKB now?

why are posts & threads being deleted without explination?

Likewise :fing10:

Guest juvehearts
I wouldsuggest that everyone knows perfectly well how they should behave at a football match.

Most people manage to achieve this all the time. However there are those, who have little or no sense of propriety &cannot behave appropriately whatever the occasion.

We have our own nutters, we should deal with them before we start to castigate the Mhanky mob for taking the path of least resistance.

PS when are the EDinburgh police & our Stewards going to grow some balls & start sorting the sellick support out once & for all. We get it tight at Darkheid, we pay enough for them to be able to dictate WHAT THE POLICY SHOULD BE WITHIN OUR STADIUM.

Why is it 'acceptiable' To chant sertain songs at Ibrox & not at parkhead? when we visit these grounds

Spot on Kenif this is my point exactly people behave and act differently at a football game.

Where does it stop far left would have us sitting at a game in silence

Gonae sound like gordon brown here at PMQ's but yet again nothing constructive to come out of your post rather than be a wind up merchent.

joke or no joke i want to keep this post on track to hear everone's view as to what is or is not deemed acceptiable.

(que the here here form the back benchers lol)

If a little levity is a crime, I plead guilty.

On topic: Support your team as vocally as possible.

Encourage rather than criticise during the game.

Keep sectarianism, racism, and foul language out of it.

Indeed I think that sums up how I think we should behave at matches as well.

Like i have said before IF hearts continue to spout this bile out at away games it is US that & not them that will be made an example of & points deucted.

time to stamp it out now & name & shame.

Spot on mate.

Guest juvehearts

What is classed as foul?

anything that isnt in the dictonary?

I agree with racism and sectarianism but foul language wtf surely a couple swear words at the football is acceptable.

last time I checked football was the common mans game

Spot on Kenif this is my point exactly people behave and act differently at a football game.

There is a clear difference between racism, bigotry, sectarianism, etc compared to a few swear words.

I refuse to defend bigots and racists just because they are "trying to create and atmosphere". No they are not, and they should not be welcome at Hearts.

There is a clear difference between racism, bigotry, sectarianism, etc compared to a few swear words.

I refuse to defend bigots and racists just because they are "trying to create and atmosphere". No they are not, and they should not be welcome at Hearts.

I agree see my post prior to yours.

What is this far left stuff all about?? it really annoys me when people go on about their rights to sing/wave/act in whatever way they like because they have the right to or that they are free to do what they like because it's not breaking any laws etc and those who criticize are PC handwringers or sweetie papre rustlers or whatever it is.

Yes, individuals have the right to behave like total cocks if they like but doing so doesn't give them some moral higher ground because they are doing what they like and it isn't breaking the law. It also doesn't stop those who don't like what they do criticizing them for what they do.

Why do you suppose that the laws in this country are becoming so defined and restrictive? Because people stop thinking in terms of what is right? or how should I behave? and they think in terms of what am I allowed to do?

We cannot control what the likes of Rangers or Celtic fans do, all we can do is influence ourselves and try to influence our own fans to behave in a way we all agree with - that's all the "far right" want to do.

p.s sorry I don't mean the far right stuff as being against Rents- it was just what reminded me of a number of similar comments.

I am realistic enough to realise that expletives are part of the "atmosphere", (if that's the right word), at a game, and I know it will never go away.

I merely state that it is not how I would consider behaving at a football match.

Others will see it differently.

Francis Albert

The thread that was removed contained lots of sound repudiation of those who defend sectarian, obscene, and sub-human behaviour. Those who defended it are back on this thread (it "creates atmosphere" and all that c**p). Can the old thread be merged with this or this one be deleted too?

I'd say (some) swearing is still generally accepted in society whilst in a relaxed and informal atmosphere.

By similar standards i'd say it should still be generally accepted at football matches in non-family sections.

In comparison to bigotry and racism. They are generally not accepted in society and as such should not be accepted in football.

I'd say (some) swearing is still generally accepted in society whilst in a relaxed and informal atmosphere.

By similar standards i'd say it should still be generally accepted at football matches in non-family sections.

In comparison to bigotry and racism. They are generally not accepted in society and as such should not be accepted in football.

I would go along with that, although I don't swear myself.

Your second paragraph is irrefutable.

What is this far left stuff all about?? it really annoys me when people go on about their rights to sing/wave/act in whatever way they like because they have the right to or that they are free to do what they like because it's not breaking any laws etc and those who criticize are PC handwringers or sweetie papre rustlers or whatever it is.

Yes, individuals have the right to behave like total cocks if they like but doing so doesn't give them some moral higher ground because they are doing what they like and it isn't breaking the law. It also doesn't stop those who don't like what they do criticizing them for what they do.

Why do you suppose that the laws in this country are becoming so defined and restrictive? Because people stop thinking in terms of what is right? or how should I behave? and they think in terms of what am I allowed to do?

We cannot control what the likes of Rangers or Celtic fans do, all we can do is influence ourselves and try to influence our own fans to behave in a way we all agree with - that's all the "far right" want to do.

p.s sorry I don't mean the far right stuff as being against Rents- it was just what reminded me of a number of similar comments.

I get your point mate I consider myself middle left.

There is a far left element on this board that jump on anything that people say or do.

Your not allowed to have a religion or a country or god forbid actually celebrate it.

they are fast becoming modern day extremist in normal society and in football.

I believe each to there own. I am not for a minute saying that using this to meet a purpose is acceptable Ie bigotry.

No place in modern society for racism or bigotry.

I am mearly sticking up for people who are being picked on and oppressed by people.

Guest juvehearts
The thread that was removed contained lots of sound repudiation of those who defend sectarian, obscene, and sub-human behaviour. Those who defended it are back on this thread (it "creates atmosphere" and all that c**p). Can the old thread be merged with this or this one be deleted too?

Why because we are debating a conterversial topic that is blighted scottish football for as long as i can remember.

IMO this NEEDS to be debated & for everyone to express their views on this subject.

Very interesting so far.

some agree some dont agree on a vast majority of topics.

can see this being a 10 pager IF it is debated correctly.

and when you list ..........''sectarian, obscene, and sub-human behaviour'' barring sectarian chanting as it is out of order, what is obscene & sub-human behavour at a football match?

Guest juvehearts
There is a far left element on this board that jump on anything that people say or do.

YES the PC bigrade!

You know who you are :eek::rolleyes:

scott herbertson
I get your point mate I consider myself middle left.

Your not allowed to have a religion or a country or god forbid actually celebrate it.

they are fast becoming modern day extremist in normal society and in football.

I believe each to there own. I am not for a minute saying that using this to meet a purpose is acceptable Ie bigotry.

No place in modern society for racism or bigotry.

I am mearly sticking up for people who are being picked on and oppressed by people.

Not sure what you are trying to say here.

Who is being picked on and 'oppressed' in your opinion - the people who sing 'up to our knees in fenian blood' for example?

I believe we as Hearts fans, should be doing our best to avoid any similarities to Rangers fans who have taken general British things and gave them negative connotations in Scottish football because of all the bigotry they associate with it.

I accept and understand we may have fans who are proud to be British but I would hope that they could understand the negative image it can have in Scottish football and leave it for another place, as it generally has no place at a Hearts match.

Guest juvehearts
Not sure what you are trying to say here.

Who is being picked on and 'oppressed' in your opinion - the people who sing 'up to our knees in fenian blood' for example?

No,

im sure he means fellow KB posters who express their views and are called hobo's or ganged upon from them who have a strong oppsition of your comments.

Archived