Chuck the youth in - Now or never

Boab Mugabe

If at least 4 players don't get a shot now, they never will.

Although I feel it's the same old pish until May again.

I'd tend to agree but maybe it's not time for it just yet. I'd give it 'til after the Gretna game and the next couple after that perhaps, just to see what the results are like. I'm not sure who we play after Gretna but if we get close to maximum points (aye right eh) I'd stick with experience in the quest for 3rd! but if we only beat Gretna and no-one else I'd play 3 or 4 youngsters in every game thereafter. Then again, if Gretna beat us we'll need our best possible team to avoid relegation.

Now breathe, Domo. Breathe man.

boabyarsebiscuit

We should be blooding a few youngsters between now and the end of the season, of that I have absolutely no doubt.

8 points off 4th place. I'd give it a while yet. Another 3 or 4 games should tell us if we can make 4th or not. After that we'll have 10 or 11 BIG games for BIG boys or 10 or 11 games to some laddies a chance.

Colonel Kurtz

There is couple of opportunites to assess our youngsters coming up.

The under 19 game on saturday at Riccarton

The reserve game v Celtic will be on the Tim Telly station .

Never forget that these boys are no more than prospects and the way some people behave towards the team,there career and confidence would be blown away instantly.

These boys are not miracle workers,if they get a chance...give them a chance!

Copil should be given a shot too allng with Brown, McGowan and Kostadinov. We have nothing to play for now in this season and we're not going to get relegated thanks to Gretna (touch wood).

This is definitely the time to get these young lads into the side. They're not that young anyway. Kostadinov is nearly 19 and Copil is nearly 18. If they're not there or there abouts now, I doubt they ever will be.

There is couple of opportunites to assess our youngsters coming up.

The under 19 game on saturday at Riccarton

The reserve game v Celtic will be on the Tim Telly station .

What times kick off for the U19 game and CK, would you know when the reserve game will be shown on tim tv.

Think we should start throwing in the kids but be selective in what games they play.No good playing them in the Gretna game as that is just going to be a real scrap i think.

The Old Tolbooth

Vlads spent nothing on Hearts thus far, what makes anyone think that he will bleed youngsters into the team when it will probably cost money to do so. I would imagine that it would cost a certain amount to be paid to each youth player for making the breakthrough as a bonus.

It's actually quite depressing the lack of decent youngsters we have compared to other teams, we dont seem to have anyone apart from McGowan and possibly Visconte who would step in and look the part.

Guest Dipped Flake

I think we need to wait for a few weeks yet, as a previous poster said. If, by the end of February, we are stuck miles from relegation or 4th spot (might be good enough for Europe) then we have to get some youngsters in. I must admit to being really disappointed that none of them have already broken through as we were constantly being told that we had some outstanding lads on the books

Colonel Kurtz
What times kick off for the U19 game and CK, would you know when the reserve game will be shown on tim tv.

usuallu 11 am ko

Tim telly show their rserve games ,usually a couple os days later .in the afternoon

They are still showing the last reserve game aginst Hearts,wee mearns getting stuck into Sno and Uncle fester

It would be tough for young players to come in and establish themselves in the current climate though. I think the time to blood young players is when you're doing well, not when you're struggling, unless you have an ultra-confident, very special talent waiting in the wings.

I think we need to wait for a few weeks yet, as a previous poster said. If, by the end of February, we are stuck miles from relegation or 4th spot (might be good enough for Europe) then we have to get some youngsters in. I must admit to being really disappointed that none of them have already broken through as we were constantly being told that we had some outstanding lads on the books

IMHO we need to completely free of any relegation threat before we travel this particular road.

Only when we have no chance of relegation then we can go for it but not before.

It is too much to ask of our inexperienced players and could have a catastrophic effect on them.

As for the prospect of 4th position :4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

Can anyone seriously see where we are going to get the points from to achieve this. Have we seen anything this season that remotely suggests such a lofty position? IMHO absolutely not, but then again I do tend to be a glass half empty rather than one that is half full. On 4th I truly hope you are right but all the evidence suggests otherwise.:)

usuallu 11 am ko

Tim telly show their rserve games ,usually a couple os days later .in the afternoon

They are still showing the last reserve game aginst Hearts,wee mearns getting stuck into Sno and Uncle fester

Cheers, weather permitting I might head up.

Does anybody know much about the youth squad? We must surley have a few ones coming through the ranks? Or have all the kids become too scared to sign for hearts? I wouldnt blame them.

we will prob have to wait till all these 7 year olds getting the free hearts strips come of age!!!

i think we should bring some of them during the rest of the season but not en masse.

it would hopefully be a learning experience for them :)

It would be tough for young players to come in and establish themselves in the current climate though. I think the time to blood young players is when you're doing well, not when you're struggling, unless you have an ultra-confident, very special talent waiting in the wings.

Even with special talent there will be times when they will be demoralised by the untalented, unmotivated rubbish around them. To bring youngsters into that team without an experienced manager who can nurture them could ruin their careers.

There isn't so much a problem with a lack of talent in the youth team, more to do with -

a) some of them are considered too young (Visconte, Rapnik, Wagner)

B) some of them aren't considered ready - which is nonsense (Templeton, Kostadinov, Brown, Glen)

c) some of them are being broken in gently (McGowan, Jonsson last season)

d) some of them have disappeared (Copil)

etc.

We are 14 points in front of Gretna

We are 11 points behind Utd in 3rd

We are 5 points behind Falkirk in 6th

Tempted to wait until we know if we make the top or bottom 6 to be honest.

Top six, keep the squad and attempt a push up the table.

Bottom six, blood a few youngsters

Or, hopefully, leave it up to the manager to decide!!!

We are 14 points in front of Gretna

We are 11 points behind Utd in 3rd

We are 5 points behind Falkirk in 6th

Tempted to wait until we know if we make the top or bottom 6 to be honest.

Top six, keep the squad and attempt a push up the table.

Bottom six, blood a few youngsters

Or, hopefully, leave it up to the manager to decide!!!

I think if we beat Gretna, we'll be safe for sure, as they'll go down either way. Then we can experiment with them.

I think if we beat Gretna, we'll be safe for sure, as they'll go down either way. Then we can experiment with them.

Correct. If we beat Gretna then there will never be a better opportunity to play them when the pressure is off. I'll be dissapointed if they don't. Sometimes people want to protect the youngsters too much. But I bet if you asked the guys themselves they'll be itching for a chance to show what they can do.

Toxteth O'Grady

The duds in the present first team have proved that they can't beat Gretna so we should give a few of the laddies a chance.

Gretna are relegated already as they need to have their ground finished by the end of March, and it won't be.

They will be relegated even if they finish 11th - unless the SPL changes their rules on the 6,000 seater stadium issue, which i wouldn't put past them if Hearts were in 12th place come May.

PS - We are 7 points behind Motherwell who are 4th to the laughing boy who said we can't make 4th place.

I dont think the gretna game is a good idea to start throwing youngsters into the team. I feel the best thing to do is to try and push for a top six place with the players we have already in the side, and then assess it from there. If we dont make the top six and safe from relegation then blood as many of the youngsters as possible as these games would be pointless anyway.

If we do make the top six i would blood the youngsters only if we couldnt catch whoever was in third.

Toxteth O'Grady
I dont think the gretna game is a good idea to start throwing youngsters into the team. I feel the best thing to do is to try and push for a top six place with the players we have already in the side, and then assess it from there. If we dont make the top six and safe from relegation then blood as many of the youngsters as possible as these games would be pointless anyway.

If we do make the top six i would blood the youngsters only if we couldnt catch whoever was in third.

I don't get it, the current first team are not good enough, they have'nt beaten Gretna twice already this season. We have a hopeless pair of full backs and a midfeilder who passes the ball to the opposition all the time and gets sent off.

There are 3 positions where we could give youth a chance for a start.

Banks, Brown, McGowan, Berra, Wallace, Cesnauskis/Templeton if he's back, Jonsson, Palazuelos, Visconte, Kostadinov, Velicka.

Make it happen.

:D

This lad should be in ASAP, he can play both full back positions.

What!! At the same time??? MUST be a star!!:dribble:

I'm sure that's a good idea.

Chucking in the youngsters for the fans to moan and boo at them.

Hearts fans can be a bunch of moaners but I bet you this would not happen. Blooding youngsters would be about the only thing to drag many punters along for the rest of this season.

never been to an U-19 match, but I'dd been genuinely excited to see Branny make his 1st team debut this year and it would certainly add an air of antisipation to what is rapidly becoming a "write off" season.

Jeez he cant be worse than Miko can he? or dare I say Driver who has gone seriously off the boil

Malcolm Tucker

Get Brown in there for sure, he seems the deal.

Maybe Visconte stuck on the bench to get Driver back onto his game, but that's all for now. Obviously keep Gowzer in the team though, he'll get his chance soon enough I'm sure.

Chuck Robbie out.

Any reserve or under 19 player that has a vague interest in right back should play from now on in. Any attacking midfielder should play from now on in. Any striker with pace should play from now on in.

Archived