The end of "real" passion in football?

Debut 4

TBH, i didn`t feel like coming on JKB today. (i hear you say feck off then!)

I am genuinely gutted by our loss last night. But it was more in the way of how the team played more than anything else.

Even the lack of disappointment amongst supporters seemed to be not all there. I don`t take big game defeats as badly as i used to,back when i was 15,16, but it still hurts.

But that`s the thing. I got back to the bus and young lads about 15,16 hardly raised a moan or grump. I know life goes on, but back in the day sometimes you could hear a pin drop on supporters buses after a big semi or final defeat., it was total silence for most of the trip back.

Is it because we have won two cups in the last 9 years that it does`nt feel so bad now? Personally, i`m GAGGING to see Hearts win another trophy, i long for the day Hearts become a regular trophy winning team.

Maybe being brought up during the Eighties has engrained a fear in me that Hearts might never win one again? But, from the damp squib of a performance last night and the seemingly lack of genuine disappointment amongst the fans, is the deep rooted passion of the past fizzling out?

I think a lot of people have been worn down by the circus sideshow that we've been putting up with since Burley was sacked.

Defeats are less of an effect on me know than they did at the start of the season.

When the main thread on here is about how people should not slag an ex hibs gaffer and threads moaning about the away support being "rough" and swearing to much you do tend to think the passion is on it's way out. Very sad imo.

I know what you mean Debut 4. I think its just a case that we've had such an awful season that last night's game just summed it up really and the defeat did not come as a surprise to anyone. I also think that when you've been following Hearts over the last 20 years or so our record in semis is poor to say the least so we are used to dealing with the disappointment.

I do have a feeling that things are going to improve next season though.

TBH, i didn`t feel like coming on JKB today. (i hear you say feck off then!)

I am genuinely gutted by our loss last night. But it was more in the way of how the team played more than anything else.

Even the lack of disappointment amongst supporters seemed to be not all there. I don`t take big game defeats as badly as i used to,back when i was 15,16, but it still hurts.

But that`s the thing. I got back to the bus and young lads about 15,16 hardly raised a moan or grump. I know life goes on, but back in the day sometimes you could hear a pin drop on supporters buses after a big semi or final defeat., it was total silence for most of the trip back.

Is it because we have won two cups in the last 9 years that it does`nt feel so bad now? Personally, i`m GAGGING to see Hearts win another trophy, i long for the day Hearts become a regular trophy winning team.

Maybe being brought up during the Eighties has engrained a fear in me that Hearts might never win one again? But, from the damp squib of a performance last night and the seemingly lack of genuine disappointment amongst the fans, is the deep rooted passion of the past fizzling out?

Maybe if it was a Scottish Cup semi...... It was only the diddy cup (now we're out of it) after all.

I know what you mean Debut 4. I think its just a case that we've had such an awful season that last night's game just summed it up really and the defeat did not come as a surprise to anyone. I also think that when you've been following Hearts over the last 20 years or so our record in semis is poor to say the least so we are used to dealing with the disappointment.

I do have a feeling that things are going to improve next season though.[/QUOTE]

::wacko:

When the main thread on here is about how people should not slag an ex hibs gaffer and threads moaning about the away support being "rough" and swearing to much you do tend to think the passion is on it's way out. Very sad imo.

your not getting the point mate.

I do have a feeling that things are going to improve next season though.[/QUOTE]

::wacko:

Yes Vlads going to appoint a top manager and were going to sign world cup stars.

Yes Vlads going to appoint a top manager and were going to sign world cup stars.

OK OK - I know my thought has no rational basis whatsoever - but one lives in hope!

your not getting the point mate.

To be honest i just read the title and charged right in. Apologies

Do you have to do this in every thread?

Especially when Debut is raising a decent point

J.T.F.Robertson

As far away as I am, (distance-wise) I have to say, I felt nothing much more than a sense of acceptance, as opposed to my normal ranting and raving.

I agree with Stokesy, I also think it's inevitable after all that's gone on the last couple of years. As an aside, you can ditto that for the players, IMO, we've all slowly but surely been "ground down".

oh ah grantona

im with you debut 4 watching hearts is crap these days not so much that we are poor just the fact ther are so many idiots watching hearts that think we are doing ok or when you have a go at a player they look at you and wonder why, WHY I'LL TELL YOU WHY BECAUSE I PAY CASH NOT TO WATCH SOME PRO FOOTBALLER STROLL AROUND A PARK NOT BEING ABLE TO PASS TO A TEAM MATE ALL FU CK ING GAME THATS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im with you debut 4 watching hearts is crap these days not so much that we are poor just the fact ther are so many idiots watching hearts that think we are doing ok or when you have a go at a player they look at you and wonder why, WHY I'LL TELL YOU WHY BECAUSE I PAY CASH NOT TO WATCH SOME PRO FOOTBALLER STROLL AROUND A PARK NOT BEING ABLE TO PASS TO A TEAM MATE ALL FU CK ING GAME THATS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know. Were was the reaction at going behind?(the players that is).

There was just no visual response from the players, there was no sweating blood, no throwing ourselves in where it hurts, no jousting for the second ball if a player miscontrolled his first touch, the players did`nt want it enough.

These games tell you alot about your team. I`d empty a lotof them because they don`t have the mentality for the big game and will never bring us success no matter how many semis we get to.

Archived