WORST REFEREEING DECISIONS

Busby8

Is it only Hearts who suffer at the hands of incompetent/biased refereeing decisions ?

Maybe not, but I can't for the life of me think of ANY team who have suffered worse than the following three;-

1) Tugay's handball before scoring at Tynie about 6 or so years ago.

2) Andy Davies/ Miko/ and THAT penalty.

3) Barry shell suit Ferguson last night.

Sure there have been stonewall penalties denied, dodgy penalties given, players unjustly sent off by over zealous refs etc., but each of the above three instances just really beggared belief to anyone who knows anything about the game. They just shouldn't have been allowed to stand, yet they were !!!!!!!

So how about it fellow JKBRs ?

Can anyone add to these 3,.............for any club team, including HMFC, ( and I'll bet that there are not too many where the ugly sisters have suffered).

And I'm not talking about just your run of the mill penalty denials such as Nade's last night, or Goncalves hand ball which wasn't given.

Anything which would, to any right minded person, be totally unjust is worth a mention.

Over to you guys ,...................

A game between Partick and Dundee Utd about 10 years ago. Dundee Utd player scored from close range. The ball hit the back of the net and bounced back out, a Partick defender picked the ball up and threw it back to the keeper. The referee, Les Mottram who was basically every bit as bad as the refs we have now, waved play on.

The Spurs-Man U game when Carroll fumbled the ball over the line? Shocking decision, but then Man U are the English Old Firm.

A game between Partick and Dundee Utd about 10 years ago. Dundee Utd player scored from close range. The ball hit the back of the net and bounced back out, a Partick defender picked the ball up and threw it back to the keeper. The referee, Les Mottram who was basically every bit as bad as the refs we have now, waved play on.

The Spurs-Man U game when Carroll fumbled the ball over the line? Shocking decision, but then Man U are the English Old Firm.

At Tynie, I think it was David Syme, gave a pen for handball to Dunfermline(?) when Jimmy Sandison playing for Airdrie handled about 2 yards outside the box in a cup semi.

Rivaldo getting the Turkey player sent of at the World Cup

A Robbo hand ball which I think was against Motherwell. Someone crossed the ball in from the wing and he reached out and punched it into the net. It was even more blatant than the Hand of God.

Takis getting sent off V's celtic is the one that sticks out

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

A few would say that he lunged in a bit and left himself wide open to interpretaion.

Hand on heart, I personally thought on that day that he made contact, so I have to concede that the referee may have come to the same opinion, even though it has since been shown that no contact was made.

Numbers 4 and 5 to the list !!

At Tynie, I think it was David Syme, gave a pen for handball to Dunfermline(?) when Jimmy Sandison playing for Airdrie handled about 2 yards outside the box in a cup semi.

Number 6,.........but it was Airdrie after all, so personally I wasn't too upset

Rivaldo getting the Turkey player sent of at the World Cup

A Robbo hand ball which I think was against Motherwell. Someone crossed the ball in from the wing and he reached out and punched it into the net. It was even more blatant than the Hand of God.

Club teams only I'm afraid,..so as much as a cheating barsteward that Rivaldo was, if he was included, so would the rest of the prima donnas on the international stage.

As for Robbo, I can't really rememeber that one even though I was probably at the game. Was there any significant media coverage ? Did the wee man own up to it ?

the penalty given against lee miller at tynecastle for rangers, they won the league that year by about a point did they not? so that decision won them the league:eek:

What about the Falkirk v Celtic game at the weekend...Falkirk were denied 3 stonewall Penalties and Celtic scored an Offside goal....I couldn't believe what i was watching:rubeyes:

the penalty given against lee miller at tynecastle for rangers, they won the league that year by about a point did they not? so that decision won them the league:eek:

See Miko, above on the original listings.

What about the Falkirk v Celtic game at the weekend...Falkirk were denied 3 stonewall Penalties and Celtic scored an Offside goal....I couldn't believe what i was watching:rubeyes:

Yeah, but they could all have been possibly argued as valid decisions without the hindsight of slomo replays.

I had to look twice at the goal to convince myself it was offside. The penalties were no worse than Nade/ Goncalves last night.

The White Cockade

Willie Johnston's "headbutt" at Darkheid

the non free kick/booking for the rugby tackle round Miko's neck last night

Sandy Clark "penalty" at Dens in 1986

Joe Jordan's handball against Wales!!

worst ever was a sending off of Paddy Byrne in the first division days

some plum dived and got a free kick in front of the old enclosure and the

boy gave the Jambos the w*nker sign while laughing about it

Paddy put his foot out to the guys hand to stop him and the ref sent him off for stamping

that was the worst ever!

The Barry Shellsuit hand ball last night is the worst I have seen.I saw it clearly from near the top of the terracing at the opposite end from the incident.Even if [unbelievably!]the so called ref. did not see it,the linesman must have been looking somewhere else as well.I am trying hard not to become paranoid but some of the refereeing decisions against us recently have been ludicrous.I assume an official protest would be futile.What do you think Jambos?

Kevin O'Donnell at Parkheid in the 80s.

Colquhoun runs into the box and through on goalie.

Defender (Aitken?) scythes him from behind.

O'Donnell sprints from his expert position on the half-way line. We all jump about thinking we've got a cert penalty, only for the cheating barsteward to signal no foul.

Mercer and MacDonald made sure he didn't referee a Hearts game again.

Disappeared from big games sometime after.

Total disgrace and another case of robbing travelling fans of their hard-earned.

Toxteth O'Grady
Takis getting sent off V's celtic is the one that sticks out

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And Bobo not getting sent off in the same game.

Yeah, but they could all have been possibly argued as valid decisions without the hindsight of slomo replays.

I had to look twice at the goal to convince myself it was offside. The penalties were no worse than Nade/ Goncalves last night.

Well maybe the other 2 could have been debatable but the McManus hand ball......Well saying that he only hit it with 2 hands!!

The Hearts v AEK Athens game......Both legs....Totally screwed from start to finish....too many things to Write down,it'd probably take up about 3 pages if a even tried!

As for Robbo, I can't really rememeber that one even though I was probably at the game. Was there any significant media coverage ? Did the wee man own up to it ?

Most of the media attention seemed to be centered on the ref. I can remember the ref being criticised by the pundits on Sportscene.

There was no way Robbo could deny it as the TV pictures clearly showed him punching the ball in. I think he was very surprised that the ref allowed it.

John Hartson took a dive in the box and won a penalty there was not a player within 2 yrds of him I think it was a cup game either against ICT or Ross County it was a real joke that one.

Ipox 10 years ago, 4 Hearts players sent off, Pointon sent off for kicking the post!

What a crock of ****e our officialdom is here.

Well maybe the other 2 could have been debatable but the McManus hand ball......Well saying that he only hit it with 2 hands!!

The Hearts v AEK Athens game......Both legs....Totally screwed from start to finish....too many things to Write down,it'd probably take up about 3 pages if a even tried!

I thought that the AEK performance at Murrayfield was the best I'd seen by any team we have played against in decades.

We were much better in the away leg despite losing, but I don't recall anything thats right up there with the three decisions that the currants have had against us, ( and that includes Brellier's sending off ).

McManus and the hand ball,............ ?? Not as blatant as the others, but I was at the other end of the ground,.........and with my advancing years my eyesight isn't so good so I'll have to take your word for it.

Ipox 10 years ago, 4 Hearts players sent off, Pointon sent off for kicking the post!

What a crock of ****e our officialdom is here.

We lost the plot that day, although the Pointon sending off was harsh to say the least.

Hearts v Dundee United. Hamish McAlpine came racing about 4 yards outside his box and clattered Drew Busby. Ref pointed to the spot. Miles ootside, but great decision.

Andy Gray also had long hair that day

Kevin O'Donnell at Parkheid in the 80s.

Colquhoun runs into the box and through on goalie.

Defender (Aitken?) scythes him from behind.

O'Donnell sprints from his expert position on the half-way line. We all jump about thinking we've got a cert penalty, only for the cheating barsteward to signal no foul.

Mercer and MacDonald made sure he didn't referee a Hearts game again.

Disappeared from big games sometime after.

Total disgrace and another case of robbing travelling fans of their hard-earned.

Think that deserves to be in at number 8 on the list

We lost the plot that day, although the Pointon sending off was harsh to say the least.

Indeed, but from that was born the legendary Andy Thorn League Cup QF against Celtic and Robbo's extra-time winner, so every cloud...

Archived