Zaliukas

jambonian

So, once again, Zaliukas makes a total rs of himself! Every week he makes mistakes yet he still gets a game! I said at the start of the season to leave him out the team, still, at least he won't be available for the next game, maybe now Karipidis will play where he's supposed to and Csabba might actually start playing players in their proper positions.

So, once again, Zaliukas makes a total rs of himself! Every week he makes mistakes yet he still gets a game! I said at the start of the season to leave him out the team, still, at least he won't be available for the next game, maybe now Karipidis will play where he's supposed to and Csabba might actually start playing players in their proper positions.

A ten game ban with a bit of luck, He is the epitomy of what is wrong with Hearts. A disgrace. Funny how since he went off we have been a little bit better.

Guest juvehearts
A ten game ban with a bit of luck, He is the epitomy of what is wrong with Hearts. A disgrace. Funny how since he went off we have been a little bit better.

Thats because we kannae get any worce

I thought he had turned the corner as he was excellent in the first five or so games of the season but he is thoroughly inconsistent again and has made some glaring errors in the last few weeks.

Please Vlad, take the guy away. We're better with ten men and no Zal than we are with him in the team.

Tynecastle Valhalla

I was going to start a thread about this myself, as i did following the game last week.

the guy is absolutely terrible.

no manager in the world would keep him in after the last two weeks so in my mind csaba is not getting full control. he is awful.

[

If you actually believe Csaba is choosing Zaliukas for the starting team you are living in a dream world. Csabsa does and plays exactly whom the fax or phone tells him to play. Because if he for one moment chooses this clown to be in the team then he should never manage a competitive team again.

QUOTE=jambonian;598853]So, once again, Zaliukas makes a total rs of himself! Every week he makes mistakes yet he still gets a game! I said at the start of the season to leave him out the team, still, at least he won't be available for the next game, maybe now Karipidis will play where he's supposed to and Csabba might actually start playing players in their proper positions.

Any chance we could set up a fund to collect donations for a 1-way ticket back to Kaunus? I'd happily contribute.

We are better playing with 10 men than him in the team, which says it all. He is selling goals every game and a half on average - an utter liability and perhaps the worst centre-half I've ever seen at Hearts, and I have seen us with Petric and Kevin James.

Any chance we could set up a fund to collect donations for a 1-way ticket back to Kaunus? I'd happily contribute.

We are better playing with 10 men than him in the team, which says it all. He is selling goals every game and a half on average - an utter liability and perhaps the worst centre-half I've ever seen at Hearts, and I have seen us with Petric and Kevin James.

He's definitely up there with Petric, James, Jim Weir, David Winnie and VandeVen

The ONLY positive to come out of that shambles this afternoon was the suspension the footballing liability that is Zaliukas will now receive. Total donkey not that most of the fans haven't known this for a long time already.

As an aside his partner is not a great deal better and if he's worth 1.7 million god knows what Caldwell and McManus are worth because they are miles better players.

chester copperpot
The ONLY positive to come out of that shambles this afternoon was the suspension the footballing liability that is Zaliukas will now receive. Total donkey not that most of the fans haven't known this for a long time already.

As an aside his partner is not a great deal better and if he's worth 1.7 million god knows what Caldwell and McManus are worth because they are miles better players.

I totally agree with this.

For the first time in 11 years as a ST holder, am glad I decided not to go and watch it on the telly. Never ever thought that I would say that.

He's definitely up there with Petric, James, Jim Weir, David Winnie and VandeVen

I rated Peter Van Der Ven when he played for us. Held together an inexperienced defence at the time and was a good passer and reader of the game. I don't recall him selling the jersey every week like Zaliukas with criminal defending.

I totally agree with this.

For the first time in 11 years as a ST holder, am glad I decided not to go and watch it on the telly. Never ever thought that I would say that.

I felt like that as well but when it came to the crunch I decided to go. As soon as I sat in my seat and had to listen to the vile sectarian chanting from the Roseburn I regretted my decision.

I won't be going back to any games at Tynie where that **** gets the whole of the away end to chant that filth all day.

My heart bleeds. :rolleyes:

I thought Zaliukas was one of our best players until he got sent off.

chester copperpot
I felt like that as well but when it came to the crunch I decided to go. As soon as I sat in my seat and had to listen to the vile sectarian chanting from the Roseburn I regretted my decision.

I won't be going back to any games at Tynie where that **** gets the whole of the away end to chant that filth all day.

It wasn't the cellick fans mate that put me off, it was the passionless performance from previous weeks.

I rated Peter Van Der Ven when he played for us. Held together an inexperienced defence at the time and was a good passer and reader of the game. I don't recall him selling the jersey every week like Zaliukas with criminal defending.

Not saying Van de Ven was ever the worst out of those, just that I remember a lot of games when he was in trouble, he'd try and play his way out of it when it would've been easier to boot it out the park, he gave us Jambos quite a few scares and cost us a few goals.

It wasn't the cellick fans mate that put me off, it was the passionless performance from previous weeks.

It was going through my mind that Celtic were always going to score at least one so Hearts needed a system that produced goals. I didn't feel that anything was going to change in the Hearts line-up, so felt we were always going to struggle.

What do we do, stick to the tried and failed 4-5-1, leaving Nade up against 4 defenders, with no support.

chester copperpot

I'm not asking for sympathy. More trying to justify to myself for not attending. :)

DigrsSlopBukit

Nobody on this thread has so far mentioned that Skippy was actually offside

The last defender,a **** poor Zaliukas again,had to pull him back

Offence was outside the box so the ref and linesman not only got the card wrong they got the penalty wrong also

****ing criminal when added to the handball and ball out of play that they both missed at the second goal

Beggars belief!!!!

Zali has been one of the worst players this season hopefully nxt wk kari at the back and palazeulos or obua (if fit) in the team is it also too much to ask for 2 UPTOP!!!

Would have cost us the game against hibs had it not been for a very good save in the last 10 minutes from the keeper, cost us our first goal against Aberdeen, gets sent off today. As far as im concerned is utterly useless and a complete liabilty. I have no idea why we continue to play him.

As far as our striking options, it seems Csasba is happy to keep Nade upfront on his own posing virtually no threat for 70 minutes, then bringing Mole on for the last 20 to do exactly the same. We are so weak all over the park at the moment its unreal!

I'm not asking for sympathy. More trying to justify to myself for not attending. :)

i have a better excuse than you andy just recovering from surgery however i must say this watching it on tv is like masturbating it gets the job done but its just not the same :(

cant wait to get back to tynie :):)

mind you it was my head that was operated on :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Karipidis should be playing at centre half and did well when he reverted to that position today. The only mistake playing there I can remember him making is Hibs' goal in the 1-0 defeat at Tynecastle last season and he should never have been played on the left anyway. Sadly I am looking forward to the return of Neilson, at which point we should hopefully put Eggy into midfield and have players actually filling their proper positions.

What I find difficult to comprehend is that CL says he wants to play from the back, Kari is good on the ball and showed even today he can bring it from defence and link the play yet CL persists with two centre backs that are both clumsy and uncomfortable on the ball.

surprised no one has challenged that yet; let me be the first - Berra was OK today, pretty solid I thought

Yep, he was doing fine until his clanger...which may not have been quite the clanger we thought at the time.

He started the season very well but has now been at the heart of pretty much every notable incident in the last few matches. I think he's not a bad player, but his mistakes are becoming more regular and more costly. Maybe a week or two in the stand will do him some good.

Predictable knee-jerk threads are what JKB does best.

Zaliukas is nowhere near as bad as some like to portray on here. That said, it's time for a rest and lets give Karipidis his central defence role back.

portobellojambo1

As the old saying goes "every cloud has a silver lining". For someone that performed reasonably well against Rangers and Hamilton I now find myself back to my original train of thought since his arrival, i.e. simply not good enough for HMFC.

Now next week we have the chance to see Karipidis in the centre of the defence, and that will also open up space in midfield, hopefully Palazuelos will be put in there.

As for whether or not it was a penalty, from my seat in Wheatfield Section E I thought it was, but many seem to think not. I think it was more debatable than the clear penalty they had turned down later on.

A very bad day at the office , once again our lack of strikers let us down most of all; Nade tried hard but had no support, against a Celtic team who were clearly thinking more about their game on Wednesday, and with a little bit of application could have been beaten by us.

Predictable knee-jerk threads are what JKB does best.

Zaliukas is nowhere near as bad as some like to portray on here. That said, it's time for a rest and lets give Karipidis his central defence role back.

Unfortunately I would say that Zaliukas is every bit as bad as we are making out. It is obvious that Karipidis is a better centre-half and wasted in midfield.

Lets look at the recent evidence of Zaliukas's mistakes:

Today - the professional found and penalty, ending our hopes of a comeback (whether the player was offside or not is irrelevant - offside wasn't given).

Aberdeen - Sold first goal for Aberdeen, letting Mackie get goal-side, just like he was done today, which led to him committing the professional foul.

Hibs - Suicidal blind passback that was picked up by Ratboy, only for Balough to make a great save. Otherwise we lose the game.

Looking further back I believe he has sold goals in other games such as Falkirk which I wasn't at.

Whilst I don't think Zal was performing that bad until he got sent off I do think we need to play Karipidis in there.

I'd also try and sign a partner for Karipidis in January.

Archived