Skacel signs for Hertha Berlin

buster18

I've been to the Stadium and I can genuinely say it's the most amazing stadium I've ever seen

Jammy bassa living in Berlin as well:(

Hope he flops.

Hertha fans, get ready for 4 good games and then him doing nothing as soon as the going gets tough before abandoning all professionalism and loyalty when the prospect of something better arrives.

Enjoy :)

Father Tiresias
Hope he flops.

Hertha fans, get ready for 4 good games and then him doing nothing as soon as the going gets tough before abandoning all professionalism and loyalty when the prospect of something better arrives.

What a sad bitter statement that is.

I sincerely hope you don't think that way in your teaching career!!! :(

Good luck Rudi!!

WeeWillyWinky

Brilliant!

I'm off to Berlin at the end of the month and ahve a ticket for the Hertha v Duisburg game.

I Hope the Rudsters playing.

Hope he flops.

Did he shag somebody close to you?

Saints' acting chief executive Lee Hoos insisted the club did not want Skacel to leave.

"We made it very clear we wanted Rudi to stay but he was adamant he needed to go," said Hoos.

"The Czech national manager views the Championship very much as a second tier league - even though it is the fifth most popular in Europe.

"Rudi felt he would not get a look-in unless he was playing in a top division. A lot of Czech players feature in the Bundesliga and Hertha are a big club there.

"He felt he would have a much better chance of catching the eye there. It was not a financial decision for him or for us."

Sounds familiar..

Victor Meldrew

"The Czech national manager views the Championship very much as a second tier league"

Of course he does. That's what it is. Calling it 'the Championship' and having lts of gullible people from Sheffield, Stoke, Leicester and Wolverhampton watching it every week hardly makes it Serie A or the Bundesliga, does it.

The phenomenal arrogance of some of the people involved in English footy is astounding sometimes.

Anyway, this Skacel bloke, didn't we have a player on loan for a couple of months with a similar name? I wonder what happened to him ;)

Hope he flops.

4 good games? You did not go to Hearts games often when he was here did you?

4 good games? You did not go to Hearts games often when he was here did you?

I've missed about 5 games in 3 years (excl. European away).

I'm viewing Skacel's 4 months there as a whole, shortened season, in which he's likely to play well for about half the time, then perform the actions I described in my OP.

I've missed about 5 games in 3 years (excl. European away).

I'm viewing Skacel's 4 months there as a whole, shortened season, in which he's likely to play well for about half the time, then perform the actions I described in my OP.

At the risk of pedantry, half the time, for a player that must have played around 30 times is a damn sight more than 4 games. As discussed on another thread recently, Skacel gave more and showed more in the time he was here than Mr Kingston, yet he is revered. Funny how peoples opinion change when a player goes. Webster was always rubbish too.

the_godfather

hopefully rudi will do well there and he goes there will all the best wishes from the Corleone family

always remember your goal in the cup final

At the risk of pedantry, half the time, for a player that must have played around 30 times is a damn sight more than 4 games. As discussed on another thread recently, Skacel gave more and showed more in the time he was here than Mr Kingston, yet he is revered. Funny how peoples opinion change when a player goes. Webster was always rubbish too.

30 games from February to May? I said I was counting Skacel's half-season at Hertha as a whole season and, thus, reducing the games: performance ratio.

My fault; wasn't clear.

30 games from February to May? I said I was counting Skacel's half-season at Hertha as a whole season and, thus, reducing the games: performance ratio.

My fault; wasn't clear.

Cool man, Just re-read it to be sure and it didn't say the second half of the season.

Irrespective, Skacel was the finest player of the Romanov, ahem, revolution IMO. He oozed class and had a level of ability that superceded (SP?) most at the club. The fact he was weaned off our club by our bonkers owner hurt both Hearts and Skacel equally.

I just think it is the natural reaction of the football fan. We ultimately have no influence over anything that goes on with players coming in and going away. So in order to make the whole thing easier we worship players that we hated before as soon as they sign and we turn heroes into duds the minute they walk out of the ground. Every fan of every club does this...

Webster was outstanding at times for Hearts,...

Skacel did very well and scored a lot of goals. I think he gets a little unfair comment on his season as it was as much as the rest of the SPL working out that you needed to put 2-3 on him and that forced him out of matches. However, what this did do in 05/06 was leave a lot more space for Hartley and he started to score freely after Rudi was shut out. However, whenever a badge kisser (who we love at the time) makes any comment about the club being small. needing to move on, etc then their stock is going to go way down. Basic fan nature...

I think that it is unfair to compare the impact of Larry and Rudi. Larry is in a much worse Hearts team and therefore his impact is not so noticeable in terms of flowing football but just look at the stats this season with Larry in the team and Larry out of it...

Larry is the hero just now as he is a current player....just watch his stock fall if he comes home from the African nations trying to line up any deal going with the lower half of the Premiership for next season...

Archived