McGhee given permission to talk to SFA

Jaap's Sigh

My thoughts are that we may lose Davies to Motherwell if Mark go's to SFA.

Nah, can't see that happening. Davies wouldn't go to Motherwell, they're doing fine at the moment but massive step backwards from Derby.

Nah, can't see that happening. Davies wouldn't go to Motherwell, they're doing fine at the moment but massive step backwards from Derby.

I'm just suprised well have given permission to SFA for them to speak.

You're probably right tho.

I'd be a wee bit disappointed if he got the Scotland job tbh, from the perspective of a Scotland fan at least. As long as its no Tommy fecking Burns though!

Of the supposed candidates, the only one who seems to have won trophies as a manager is Souness. I know McGhee is flavour of the month and seems to be a nice guy, but he's been pretty rank at every other job he's had. Burley's been tipped as the next big thing for a while now, but has never really fulfilled that promise. Burns? Apart from a stint with Reading which was pretty poor, he's always been an assistant.

I'm surprised JJ's name has never been mentioned in connection with the Scotland job tbh.

cardboardcutout
Of the supposed candidates, the only one who seems to have won trophies as a manager is Souness. I know McGhee is flavour of the month and seems to be a nice guy, but he's been pretty rank at every other job he's had. Burley's been tipped as the next big thing for a while now, but has never really fulfilled that promise. Burns? Apart from a stint with Reading which was pretty poor, he's always been an assistant.

I'm surprised JJ's name has never been mentioned in connection with the Scotland job tbh.

i must admit i have a lot of respect for mcghee and would like to think we had a chance to get him, but fear that to leave fir park now after pod's death would be unlikely.

i must admit i have a lot of respect for mcghee and would like to think we had a chance to get him, but fear that to leave fir park now after pod's death would be unlikely.

Same here. I cannae believe he is that wee ginger ****wit Strachans best mate, to much of a good guy imo! :ninja:

think the latest chat is that McGhee would look to stay on at 'Well until the end of the season whilst making preparations to take on the Scotland job.

sometimes it's easy to look at the financials - he can triple his wages taking up the scotland post.

sadly i was subjected to Hugh Keevans on Snyde One the other day... the gutter trash media were yet again proving they have nae idea by suggesting McGhee will not get another shot at the Scotland job and that now was his time.

utter tosh I say. he could do club football for many a year and in 4/5 years if it comes up he'll be in contention, in 8 years - well maybe again. it depends on how he times his moves and if he progresses up the managerial ladder.

i like the way he has handled himself since coming back up and especially after the recent tragedy. if anyone was to be critical - it would be to suggest whilst doing well so far, he still needs to prove he can push 'Well even further next season.

Archived