Transfer deals

robinc_72

Anyone reckon anything will happen for us tonight? Considering the only player we have managed to sign so far is a player who was going to sue us if we didnt....?

very unlikely now.

but just as a side issue... this just came up on BBC site:

"1658: My Championship mole, who shall remain nameless, believes that Grzegorz Rasiak, John Viafara and Rudi Skacel are all on their way from Southampton."

could it be? if only...

Anyone reckon anything will happen for us tonight? Considering the only player we have managed to sign so far is a player who was going to sue us if we didnt....?

SF said he hoped to have completed the signing of 1 player. I doubt he was talking about Screpis or Maybury so maybe we will get another 1 in.

Is it a bit of harmless banter that there's blah hours to go and we havent signed a manager or a quality piece of plexi-glass or is it an absolute disgrace to the club and the supporters who disgracefully werent even there last night that we havent banged on the transfer window of life.

Sorry, hard day.

:527:

GC

why do u doubt he was talking bout screpis? telling the fans we're about to make a signing then signing him, SF can claim thats our signing. its been a very underwhelming month, dont expect that to change by midnight!

Martin Luther
We won't sign anyone. Who in their right mind would want to come to Hearts?

i bet there's quite few lithuanians would be prepared to :527:

why do u doubt he was talking bout screpis? telling the fans we're about to make a signing then signing him, SF can claim thats our signing. its been a very underwhelming month, dont expect that to change by midnight!

I doubt it was Screpis because he was signed 6 months ago. I would not bat a eyelid if we didn't sign anyone because i expected this to happen. I am just pointing out what SF said so he obviously had someone in mind whomay still sign.

We won't sign anyone. Who in their right mind would want to come to Hearts?

Plenty of players out there who are happy to follow the dollar mate. The problem is these players tend to have a attitude problem and this is the last thing we need.

I doubt it was Screpis because he was signed 6 months ago. I would not bat a eyelid if we didn't sign anyone because i expected this to happen. I am just pointing out what SF said so he obviously had someone in mind whomay still sign.

I don't think he was. If he signed for us 6 months ago, then he would have been registered with the SFA. That clearly did not happen, because it would have been reported. In addition, it states on the website that we have signed him today from Kaunas. Other media are reporting that he has signed from Kaunas on a free.

I am fairly certain that Screpis could be who SF was meaning, although there may indeed be someone else.

I don't think he was. If he signed for us 6 months ago, then he would have been registered with the SFA. That clearly did not happen, because it would have been reported. In addition, it states on the website that we have signed him today from Kaunas. Other media are reporting that he has signed from Kaunas on a free.

I am fairly certain that Screpis could be who SF was meaning, although there may indeed be someone else.

He signed a 3 and 1/2 year deal with us 6 months ago it really is that simple. You think we suddenly decided to go for this guy ?

Commander Harris

a player's ownership and who they are registered to play with are not necessarily the same thing.

It's my belief that the last thing we need now is MORE players - we need LESS players. The club is way over staffed with the players they already have. With the exception of fullback, most positions are covered by several players, particularly midfield - Screpis simply adds to those midfield numbers. When Bruno and Larry come back in contention there's going to be plenty competition for those places from some pretty decent midfielders. When will the young players get a first team game is more to the point?

Adding more mediocrity just to please fans that we have got someone new would be pretty poor business.

Jamboscanbevicius

For those who say we do not need to sign anyone...

have you watched us this season or looked at the league table?

I agree that we probably have enough in terms of sheer numbers in the squad, and I also believe most of our problems would be sorted out by a decent manager...BUT...

we are seriously lacking quality full backs, a leader, and a playmaker amogst others!!!

a player's ownership and who they are registered to play with are not necessarily the same thing.

Exactly.

Check out the whole Tevez thing...

He signed a 3 and 1/2 year deal with us 6 months ago it really is that simple. You think we suddenly decided to go for this guy ?

Did he? According to Hearts he only signed today. Who is telling the truth?

Commander Harris
Did he? According to Hearts he only signed today. Who is telling the truth?

probably both.

what has happened today is that he is now registered as a Hearts player.

don't worry we do our surprise business at 11.59 pm so just check the official site at 12 and you will no for sure.

very unlikely now.

but just as a side issue... this just came up on BBC site:

"1658: My Championship mole, who shall remain nameless, believes that Grzegorz Rasiak, John Viafara and Rudi Skacel are all on their way from Southampton."

could it be? if only...

Rasiak to Bolton and Skacel to Hertha Berlin - both on loan until end of the season.

Vlad_Knows_Best
Rasiak to Bolton and Skacel to Hertha Berlin - both on loan until end of the season.

Skacel is with an option to buy.

Unless the mother of all deals is done, Screpis will be the only "signing" and even then, that's a con...he signed ages ago.

The owners have no ambition. They have no sense of the passion and history that we as fans, feel for our club. Years ago we wouldn't have been so interested in the transfer market because times were tough and we had no real expectation, yet we had our pride and weren't a laughing stock.

The promises have come and gone, no doubt like tonight's transfer window and there will be nothing to show for it. No manager or player wants to come to us. To challenge Rangers and Celtic, we need good or great players, not average ones. We also need a real manager! (no offence Stevie, but you don't have what it takes at the moment)

Anyhoo...just over an hour left. Anyone seen Ronaldo at Edinburgh airport? :confused:

Archived