Jose

Gigolo-Aunt

Cant see a thread on him, so here goes....

Looked a player, had a bad injury and has struggled to get back to what he was like before.

I know quite a lot of people on Kickback were wanting rid asap. Was prepared to give him a run in the team to see if he could fins his feet again, just cant see it coming from him though - he looks **** scared every time the ball comes near him. Has pace to burn, but that really is not worth much when you ball watch and when in control of the ball rarely give it to a fellow team mate.

Young Wallace for me is not the answer either.

Needs to be looked at big time. We REALLY need to get the full backs sorted pronto.

Bin him or give him to the end of the season to see if he can turn it around?

He is mince we should have took the money when there was clubs interested instead of trying to get ?2m for him now you'll be lucky to give him away.

he had a mare last night and has been lucky he wsnt playing against a decent Right Mid in games b4.

countless times he should have "cleared" the ball rather than attempt to play a pass out to miko that failed. :dribble:

I think we're about his level as he'll struggle in any top league due his inability to move or pass the ball accuately or even convincingly. He's not a footballing fullback but he is a defender first and foremost and his strength and pace means he has the tools to be a solid defender.

It is my believe that Jose's performances, particulary his positioning, would improve tenfold if we had an experienced centre half who could organise the defence and talk players like Jose throughout the game.

Looked a player, had a bad injury and has struggled to get back to what he was like before.

I know quite a lot of people on Kickback were wanting rid asap. Was prepared to give him a run in the team to see if he could fins his feet again, just cant see it coming from him though - he looks **** scared every time the ball comes near him. Has pace to burn, but that really is not worth much when you ball watch and when in control of the ball rarely give it to a fellow team mate.

Needs to be looked at big time. We REALLY need to get the full backs sorted pronto.

Personally, I want to give him the chance of a decent manager having a look at him and seeing what he can do. Right now he runs about like a headless chicken, he has no discipline in his game and needs shown a video of some quality Left backs and how the handle certain situations. he is still young and I dont even know if LB is his positition.

I can't believe we turned down 2 million Euros for this guy. He is so uncomfortable on the ball it is hard to watch, he makes Neilson look like Pele!

maroonlegions

His RASH tackle last night on Burke that led to the second goal was the fecking end for me ,he was the wrong side of Burke and then decides to make contact with the ball with his fecking thigh:eek:,why he could not have waited untill the ball was with Burke and then made a better challenge or hustled him towards the touchline is beyond me, total bomb scare and should be punted ASAP.

TBH we would be better throwing Ross Hamilton in to the first team as he has been doing really well for the under u19s and reserves. Nothing else to lose now.

Sergio Garcia

When Robbie Neilson is the better of your 2 full backs, you are in real trouble!!! Jose needs to get punted ASAP!

chester copperpot

Jose has been, on the whole, dreadful this season.

Got the runaround from what is effectively Rangers reserve winger last night.

I'd prefer Wallace to get a run out, with the occassional appearance from Hamilton from the reserves.

Jose is not the answer, well not in the SPL when you dont get a second to think on the ball, could be better abroad.

When Robbie Neilson is the better of your 2 full backs, you are in real trouble!!! Jose needs to get punted ASAP!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sergio Garcia
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

mate i know what your're thinking and a few months ago i would have thought that anyone saying that Robbie is better than Jose needs a lie down, but IMO he caused both goals last night and was somewhat to blame for not being in position to shut down the Mwell attack last week, he has been murder most of season!!!

I stand by my Robbie is our best playing fullback comment!

loveofthegame
mate i know what your're thinking and a few months ago i would have thought that anyone saying that Robbie is better than Jose needs a lie down, but IMO he caused both goals last night and was somewhat to blame for not being in position to shut down the Mwell attack last week, he has been murder most of season!!!

I stand by my Robbie is our best playing fullback comment!

I agree... it really is frightening

The laddie couldn't tackle a fish supper. Just pokes his toe in. He positioning is terrible and he can't head a ball.

Looks like Bambi on ice:sad:

Burke is NOT a rangers reserrve winger.

he's a cracking player, better tahn anything we have. thats not saying a lot tho.

that apart, Jose was still pants; nae clue how to deal with him, always coming inside leaving his marker.

trying to play football when a hoof is required.

trying to hoof when football is required.

its like his mind has been wiped clean of how to play footie. :mad:

Wallace should be in for the next game and given a decent run in the team, until the end of the season. Time for Jose to go.

*if* we are getting a manger in I suppose we have to have a bit of an amnesty and see what he can get out of the players we have.

I too thought Jose could go very far when he joined but it hasn't happened for him this season (nor many of our players in fairness).

OHHHHH !!!!!

I thought this was a thread about Quitongo coming back!:rolleyes:

would be better with him at left back

I thought is was a thread about firemen ;)

Sergio Garcia
would be better with him at left back

I thought is was a thread about firemen ;)

Id rather have the other spanish fireman than Jose couldnt be any worse

Jose was pretty pants last night, his only good point was having the pace to keep up with Chris Burke and trying to run him out to the corner flag; not much use if you can't tackle tho. He is one that should go if a decent offer comes in. Lee Wallace and/or emerging u19s should be given a run.

I used to be a big fan of Jose but he is absolutely knickers at defending and so one footed...that is all

sure hes a nice guy and all that

I"ve been saying since day one of this season Jose is Keek!

It"s hard to beleive this man is the same nationality as Christiano Ronaldo,

lets punt him now .

I"d sign Gary Hay from killie as a stop gap,at least he knows about ball retention!

loveofthegame
I"ve been saying since day one of this season Jose is Keek!

It"s hard to beleive this man is the same nationality as Christiano Ronaldo,

lets punt him now .

I"d sign Gary Hay from killie as a stop gap,at least he knows about ball retention!

Julien Brellier is the same nationality as Patrick Vieira....

Im the same nationality as Kenny Dalglish....

What a strange thing to say?!

Julien Brellier is the same nationality as Patrick Vieira....

Im the same nationality as Kenny Dalglish....

What a strange thing to say?!

I can say what i want! I think you miss my point here i"ll say it again

JOSE IS KEEK!

loveofthegame
I can say what i want! I think you miss my point here i"ll say it again

JOSE IS KEEK!

Completely agree mate! Was just saying just because they're same nationality doesnt mean a thing! Portugal has a population of over 10Million, yet there's not one other like Christiano Ronaldo

Completely agree mate! Was just saying just because they're same nationality doesnt mean a thing! Portugal has a population of over 10Million, yet there's not one other like Christiano Ronaldo

Portugal renowned for technically gifted players!

scotland NOT renowned for technically gifted players!

Do you get it now!

Jose gives a good balance to the team.

He cant defend, cant go forward, cant pass, always gets caught out of position and probably is at fault for a goal a game.

Mirror image of our right back.

Jose gives a good balance to the team.

He cant defend, cant go forward, cant pass, always gets caught out of position and probably is at fault for a goal a game.

Mirror image of our right back.

:

rofl:

IMO Robbie can defend!

He has been brutal for weeks.he comes inside to often leaving our attacking winger to track back.(no wonder we cant create chances).

Full backs get a high percentage of the ball in games and im afraid both our full backs are so uncomfertable on the ball.

sad thing is if we replaced them it would only highlight how bad we r in other positions.:sad:

alwaysthereinspirit

Said it a thousand times. Jose is an athlete not a footballer.

He couldn't trap a bag of bricks. He has no skills and should not be playing. Unless he's the best of the rest which would just about say it all.

cardboardcutout

he couldnae read a game in braille, not got a clue how to mark a winger!!

something of a disadvantage for a full-back.:mad:

Archived