The Velvet Underground

Gigolo-Aunt

Great band. Can appreciate how some of it may not be for everyone. What is not said enough though is they could write great great pop songs.

Playing "Loaded" - Brilliant.

Great band. Can appreciate how some of it may not be for everyone. What is not said enough though is they could write great great pop songs.

Playing "Loaded" - Brilliant.

Fine shout! Always gets me how the only stuff of theirs which ever gets mentioned is the early stuff with Warhol at the helm, when their third album ('The Velvet Underground') and Loaded must be two of the finest pop albums ever written!

Fine shout! Always gets me how the only stuff of theirs which ever gets mentioned is the early stuff with Warhol at the helm, when their third album ('The Velvet Underground') and Loaded must be two of the finest pop albums ever written!

"The Velvet Underground" is another great pop album. What I really love is the second last track on it they jump back to a more early vibe with "The Murder Mystery" - it works perfectly. Great track that and one of my favorite VU songs.

I don't know too much about them other than their songs.

Is there a weird story about Nico? Or am I confusing him with somebody else?

I would imagine there would be quite a lot of stories about Nico, mate. Most people who hung around Warhol would have a story to tell.

I am inclined to think you are thinking of a story which involves Marianne Faithful, Mick Jagger and a Mars bar.

You can fill in the blanks on that one.

I don't know too much about them other than their songs.

Is there a weird story about Nico? Or am I confusing him with somebody else?

She was female, which is pretty unremarkable in itself...

Other than that it's just your usual model-turned-actress-turned-singer-heroin addict for twenty years-killed in a cycling accident kind of a story!

Oh, and she couldn't sing for the life of her!

'Sunday Morning' is a favourite song of mine. 'Shiny piece of leather' and also 'Femme Fatal' are very good.

Fantastic stuff, Gigalo; I'm now digging out the CD with the banana of the cover.

Buffalo Bill

'Sunday Morning' is a favourite song of mine. 'Shiny piece of leather' and also 'Femme Fatal' are very good.

Fantastic stuff, Gigalo; I'm now digging out the CD with the banana of the cover.

Buffalo Bill

Its a class album, Andy.

:o

I would imagine there would be quite a lot of stories about Nico, mate. Most people who hung around Warhol would have a story to tell.

I am inclined to think you are thinking of a story which involves Marianne Faithful, Mick Jagger and a Mars bar.

You can fill in the blanks on that one.

The Mars Bar thing was a load of rubbish.

It didn't happen and the whole thing is just a complete myth; a fabrication.

It was a Topic.

Buffalo Bill

The Velvet Underground are genius.

Loaded and The Velvet Underground are two of my all time favourite albums.

"What Goes On" is simply anthemic.

"Oh! Sweet Nuthin'" is a wonderful gouched out, mellow, I should really go to my bed as it's 6.30 am, type of track.

It was a Topic.

Buffalo Bill

Nah, it's BOUNTY be true...

:tumbleweed:

It was a Topic.

Buffalo Bill

So that would make the joke.

What has a hazelnut in every bite?

Marianne Faithful's Sh*te.

Great band. As you say GA, a lot of the songs are very, very poppy. Completely the opposite of their persona. Lou Reed's Transformer album beats the band albums though.

Buffalo Bill

Sunday Morning is one of my favourites too BB. Shiny Boots of Leather is actually called "Venus In Furs" and is a fantastic song if in the right mood for it. The banana album (The Velvet Underground and Nico) has actually had the cover changed. In the original cover the banana was slightly peeled, exposing the tip of the fruit which was coloured pink. This was deemed inappropriate and changed to just a banana. What's the world coming to!!

I think Sister Ray is my favourite Velvets track.

17 minutes of pure and utter filth.

Perfect. One of the finest bands of all time.

Archived