Hampden Match Announcer?

Hagar the Horrible

Hagar the Horrible

I don't want to come over as insulting to Romania

but was the Hampden Park announcer Romanian? or Eastern Europoean?

If he was not then he was either drunk? or speaking "pureweegbytheway"!

I did not understand one word, and there was no Subtitles?

Now unless this guy does have an alcohol problem then it's about time there was someone there who can either translate or be bilingual for the hard of weegie?

The reading of the team sheets was a nightmare, he was clearly struggling with the Brit names? what chance did he have with the Liths?

It's the only time in my life I've been in a virtually empty stadium and still couldn't understand what he was saying.

As for his pronounciation of players names - we should have known it would be an embarrasment when he had 3 tries at getting Brahim Hemdani right.

What a plank.

bilston angel

He sounded laid back, indeed it took him an eternity to read out the teams, laid back could be another word for p!ssed though. A refreshing change from the current batch of announcers who all sound if they have been cloned, their patter all sounds the same.

I didn't think there was a worse announcer than the Easter road one, but last night I was proved wrong.

As the fan at the back of me said"he sounded like Jack from Still Game".:)

I did not understand one word, and there was no Subtitles?

Actually there was the big screens that showed the teams as he read them.

But that's beside the point. The boy had basic problems with the English language.

Actually there was the big screens that showed the teams as he read them.

But that's beside the point. The boy had basic problems with the English language.

That didn't help him : the announcer's batting order was completely different from the one on the video screens.:confused:

he didnt sound very enthusiastic when reading the names out or welcoming the teams which is pretty **** for being a stadium announcer.

whats wrong with the hibs announcer? ive never been to compost corner

He sounded laid back, indeed it took him an eternity to read out the teams, laid back could be another word for p!ssed though. A refreshing change from the current batch of announcers who all sound if they have been cloned, their patter all sounds the same.

Laid back! During the half time 10 second shot competition the kids had taken their shot before he even got to saying "10".

Archived