Vlad still very much hands on...?

Big Team

Ive just heard a story from a mate at work...

One of the guys he goes to Hearts games with was at a function recently and got talking to the main standside linesman from the recent home game against Kilmarnock.

The story goes that Frail was in the process of taking off Velicka due to injury when one of the Lithuanian's on the bench took a call (from Vlad, alledgedly) - he (the Lithuanian) then told Velicka to stay on the pitch. Frail then had to speak to Vlad and explain that he was subbing Velicka due to injury - Vlad said that it was ok, it just hadnt been evident from the TV that Velicka was in fact injured..

Now - take this however you want just dont bore me with source or any questions about what team I support or pick the my post to pieces trying to highlight why it is or isnt true - its just a story I thought was worth sharing.

Personally I believe it - I never believed Vlad could go from control freak to hands off over night. Frail has said himself that he speaks to Vlad a couple of times a week to chat about who is playing and why. No problems there, I just didnt think it was during matches or that Vlad still had some sort of "control" over the decisions?

Discuss...

Commander Harris

One of the guys he goes to Hearts games with was at a function recently and got talking to the main standside linesman from the recent home game against Kilmarnock.

The story goes that Frail was in the process of taking off Velicka due to injury when one of the Lithuanian's on the bench took a call (from Vlad, alledgedly) - he (the Lithuanian) then told Velicka to stay on the pitch. Frail then had to speak to Vlad and explain that he was subbing Velicka due to injury - Vlad said that it was ok, it just hadnt been evident from the TV that Velicka was in fact injured..

Now - take this however you want just dont bore me with source or any questions about what team I support or pick the my post to pieces trying to highlight why it is or isnt true - its just a story I thought was worth sharing.

Personally I believe it - I never believed Vlad could go from control freak to hands off over night. Frail has said himself that he speaks to Vlad a couple of times a week to chat about who is playing and why. No problems there, I just didnt think it was during matches or that Vlad still had some sort of "control" over the decisions?

Discuss...

Does the stand side linesman have amazing hearing and a fluent understanding of Lithuanian?

How would Vlad know Velicka was getting subbed? Don't think he was at the match.

Oh, by the way...........Hibbie:)

The clue is in the post mate....it was on TV in Lithuania alledgedly. I cant confirm or deny if that part is true?

It might be true...

It most probably is not true...

However, if I hear that this did happen then I am on the first flight to Kaunas to give Vlad a good talking to...:527:

I thought assisant refs ran up and down the line. Do you mean the 4th official? Best to get your story straight or it'll look made up...

Does the stand side linesman have amazing hearing and a fluent understanding of Lithuanian?

I did say dont over analyse it - thats pretty much the story as i was given it -the real question is do you believe that could still be happening? I trust the guys at work not to make it up as he and his mates are good Jambos. So are we saying the linesman in question made it up?

And anyway - surely he doesnt have to have superhuman hearing or be bi-lingual to see Frail tell Velicka to come off. He sees the guy take phonecall and sees Velicka told to stay on. Then he overhears a phonecall and Velicka comes off....?

Just playing devils advocate here...

200milesfromgorgie

no its not true. but as it is clear to see vlad decides on who goes and stays durring the window. when that business is done he will look to bring an manager.

Commander Harris
I did say dont over analyse it - thats pretty much the story as i was given it -the real question is do you believe that could still be happening? I trust the guys at work not to make it up as he and his mates are good Jambos. So are we saying the linesman in question made it up?

And anyway - surely he doesnt have to have superhuman hearing or be bi-lingual to see Frail tell Velicka to come off. He sees the guy take phonecall and sees Velicka told to stay on. Then he overhears a phonecall and Velicka comes off....?

ok I'll answer the "real question". I think Frail does have control over team selection, substitutions and tactics - I think this is plain to see when you look at the team selection, substitution and tactics since jan 1st and compare them with before.

I thought assisant refs ran up and down the line. Do you mean the 4th official? Best to get your story straight or it'll look made up...

The story I was given is linesman. Theres no story to get straight - Ive posted it as I was told it. And what motivation do I have for making anything up? None whatsoever.

The story as was given to me seems plausible and I thought I'd share it for the sake of debate on whether or not Vlad has truly stopped interefering at all levels.

I hear lots of Hearts related stuff but I dont usually post because of my sources or because of the way others are insulted. This has reminded me why - the majority on here believe good news blindly and dismiss potentially bad news out of hand.

ok I'll answer the "real question". I think Frail does have control over team selection, substitutions and tactics - I think this is plain to see when you look at the team selection, substitution and tactics since jan 1st and compare them with before.

I think he does have control of training, selection, tactics and subs. However, I also believe that he perhaps has to justify some of these decisions to a greater extent than we would like.

I might be wrong, but i am sure the wee translator boy who used to be in the dugout is no longer there(in the dugout).

I don't think the subs are allowed mobiles.

The real question is why you didn't pick the obvious holes in the story when you first heard it yourself...

1. If shaggy ended up having to talk to VR, then why didn't VR just speak to him direct.

2. How does the linesman know what was happening since he was running the line.

The real question is why you didn't pick the obvious holes in the story when you first heard it yourself...

1. If shaggy ended up having to talk to VR, then why didn't VR just speak to him direct. Maybe Shaggy doesnt have a mobile on him at games?

2. How does the linesman know what was happening since he was running the line.

Maybe he was around the dug out area because the game was taking plave in the opposite half - he would be at the half way line then wouldnt he?

I bumped into the guy whilst on my way to a meeting in the office - we had a quick chat about the game and he told me the story. I had a chat with other guys at work who also post on here over lunchtime and they thought it was worth sticking it on here.

Why not take it that the story was told and posted in good faith rather than question my integrity or intelligence?

bilston angel

I honestly believe SF does not have full control of the playing side, now thats only my opinion based on team selection and subs which are not logical, no proof but that may surface in time.

Father Tiresias

Discuss...

Based on the bizarre substitutions last night, it seems very possible that the owner is still very much involved.

The linesman in the post was at a function re-telling a story... It wasn't a match report. It may have been something the ref or 4th official told him that he was passing on.

Great how fans are allowed the ability to piece together an opinion on events but an off duty official... that would be ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Discuss...

HOBO!! :P Nah only joking mate.

This really wouldn't surprise me at all. Nothing surprises me at the club and lets face it, no-one knows what Vlad is thinking he changes his ideas like the weather.........

Guest JamboRobbo

Whilst I actaully doubt this rumour is true, it does make me laugh to see the same posters who dismissed all the "Vlad picks the team" stuff previously are making the same assumptions as they always do. Assume there is no problem and dismiss it as hobo/media rumour making....

Maybe he was around the dug out area because the game was taking plave in the opposite half - he would be at the half way line then wouldnt he?

I bumped into the guy whilst on my way to a meeting in the office - we had a quick chat about the game and he told me the story. I had a chat with other guys at work who also post on here over lunchtime and they thought it was worth sticking it on here.

Why not take it that the story was told and posted in good faith rather than question my integrity or intelligence?

No offence meant, i'm not one to get into JKB wars and all that.

If it was me though, i would have questioned...

How the linesman knew what was being said on a telephone conversation that he couldn't really hear and in any case would have only been able to hear one side of it anyway.

Why VR never just asked to speak to Shaggy in the first instance.

How the linesman managed to stay in the one place at the halfway line for all the time that this took place.

How the linesman managed to see who was doing all the speaking and phone passing when he was meant to be watching the game.

Why no-one else in Tynie managed to see Shaggy on the blower in the middle of a game.

If i was told this story, i would have asked these questions.

Each to their own though.

Im sorry mr Hobo OP but Vlad would have made better subs last night if the rumour was indeed true.

GTF.

Very good - is there really any need for the GTF tagged on the end? Keyboard hero....

And as for Hobo mate - if you knew how far away from that the truth is youd laugh at yourself.

Idiot.

Whilst I actaully doubt this rumour is true, it does make me laugh to see the same posters who dismissed all the Vlad picks the team stuff previously are making the same assumptions as they always do. Assume there is no problem and dismiss it as hobo/media rumour making....

I'm dismissing the story JR, only because it doesn't really add up.

It smells.

No offence meant, i'm not one to get into JKB wars and all that.

If it was me though, i would have questioned...

How the linesman knew what was being said on a telephone conversation that he couldn't really hear and in any case would have only been able to hear one side of it anyway.

Why VR never just asked to speak to Shaggy in the first instance.

How the linesman managed to stay in the one place at the halfway line for all the time that this took place.

How the linesman managed to see who was doing all the speaking and phone passing when he was meant to be watching the game.

Why no-one else in Tynie managed to see Shaggy on the blower in the middle of a game.

If i was told this story, i would have asked these questions.

Each to their own though.

Cheers for the comments - it was quick chat and I was late for my meeting. Ive known the guy for years and took what he said at face value. I read kickback a lot but find a lot of the posters immature, ill-informed etc and I dont usually bother posting the things I hear because the personal abuse is usually out of order.

There are gaps in the story but I do think its still plausible hence the reason I posted.

Some folk on here need to realise a high post count on a forum does not make them a better jambo/more intelligent/more knowledeable/more in the loop than others - this isnt directed at you by the way but one of the other clowns who reckons im a hobo that should "GTF" rather than lifelong jambo and season ticket holder.

Very good - is there really any need for the GTF tagged on the end? Keyboard hero....

And as for Hobo mate - if you knew how far away from that the truth is youd laugh at yourself.

Idiot.

Idiot ? your the one who started this thread, you should maybe not listen to your Hobo mate at work then ?

Guest JamboRobbo

It smells.

Me too, but I think in general, we should be "on our guard" for any slipping back to the old interfering ways so to speak.

Cheers for the comments - it was quick chat and I was late for my meeting. Ive known the guy for years and took what he said at face value. I read kickback a lot but find a lot of the posters immature, ill-informed etc and I dont usually bother posting the things I hear because the personal abuse is usually out of order.

There are gaps in the story but I do think its still plausible hence the reason I posted.

Some folk on here need to realise a high post count on a forum does not make them a better jambo/more intelligent/more knowledeable/more in the loop than others - this isnt directed at you by the way but one of the other clowns who reckons im a hobo that should "GTF" rather than lifelong jambo and season ticket holder.

Well your not talking about me because i don't even have a high post count.

And i am sorry i was not saying that you were a HOBO but your mate is and i was telling him to GTF not you :P

Idiot ? your the one who started this thread, you should maybe not listen to your Hobo mate at work then ?

Yeah I started the thread - to share something Id heard and think there could be truth in. What have you done you imbecile? So now my mate at work who is also a lifelong jambo is a hobo too?

You are a clown of the highest order - tell me you dont support the story and why or do you not have the mental capability to do that?

That story is clearly absolutely true and obviously from an implaccable source, SFA Officials always have our interests at heart.

It's turned my entire perception of events around.

I'm now going to move to Drylaw or Pilton

Start drinking special brew

Stop using words of more than two sylla...(still learning)

Try and twist good news to bad, bad news to worse

USE SHOUTY CAPS, MAYB EVN TXT SPK :)

forgit hau too spel

And repeat myself a lot

And repeat myself a lot

We Need a manager

We Need a manager

We Need a manager

VLAD GTF

Look at me!

Look at me!

Look at me!

Look at me!

I HATE VLAD

Commander Harris
Whilst I actaully doubt this rumour is true, it does make me laugh to see the same posters who dismissed all the "Vlad picks the team" stuff previously are making the same assumptions as they always do. Assume there is no problem and dismiss it as hobo/media rumour making....

a general statement about posters on this thread makes it impossible for the posters you are directing this at to answer for themselves as they may not know whether they are being addressed.

It smells.

exactly.

Me too, but I think in general, we should be "on our guard" for any slipping back to the old interfering ways so to speak.

Agreed, but this "rumour" has very little going for it and I do think that currently we are seeing the difference frail having full control is making. Consistant selections, very few changes, subs that do make some kind of sense(even if I don't agree with them!) and aren't just made on the 65min mark for the sake of it. as well as Players like chesney and Karapidis coming back from the cold(should that be flu?)

Fine Scottish Wine

If this was true i am sure someone in the 14346 crowd would have seen something nevermind the TV/Radio/Red top journalists. So i can only surmise that your 'mate' is on the wind up.

Discuss...

I know you didn't want the post to be picked to pieces but I can't help it, the standside Linesman can only go as far as the halfway line on the side of the away dugout and to even get that close to the Hearts dugout would require the entire Hearts defence to push up to be level or past the halfway line and do so for 2-3 minutes while the sub was cancelled/phone call/sub allowed etc was going on!

Whether or not VR is still meddling? only Sf knows that!!!!

I know you didn't want the post to be picked to pieces but I can't help it, the standside Linesman can only go as far as the halfway line on the side of the away dugout and to even get that close to the Hearts dugout would require the entire Hearts defence to push up to be level or past the halfway line and do so for 2-3 minutes while the sub was cancelled/phone call/sub allowed etc was going on!

Whether or not VR is still meddling? only Sf knows that!!!!

Ibby Tall.

I Vlad would have made better subs last night if the rumour was indeed true.

I already did ( above )

You might think your Louis Auchincloss but i think your just a simpleton. ;)

I am sorry for my first post but your taking it to far, I am sure you realised that the word Hobo would have been posted with regards to your OP ?

No ? or maybe you were expecting people to say, wow really ? This must be gospel because your mate at work just told you.

again, i can only apologise for hurting your feelings.

Discuss...

I'm not questioning your integrity BT, but you might want to question your friend's...This is the third time I've heard that story and on every occasion it was a different game and a 'friend of a friend' knew the 4th official...etc etc.

I think it's nothing more than another of those 'Hibs hopes'. :)

Just playing devils Advocate? More like hobos advocate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already did ( above )

You might think your Louis Auchincloss but i think your just a simpleton. ;)

I am sorry for my first post but your taking it to far, I am sure you realised that the word Hobo would have been posted with regards to your OP ?

No ? or maybe you were expecting people to say, wow really ? This must be gospel because your mate at work just told you.

again, i can only apologise for hurting your feelings.

No, I am just an honest Hearts fan that would hope that if someone disagrees with something I have said they can explain why, in a constructive manner, without resorting to needless statements like "GTF". Simpleton Im not.

Appology for your first post accepted.

I "hoped" rather than expected to kick off some comments on whether anyone else had heard a similar story, could validate or dismiss it with facts. I wondered if anyone sitting behind the dug-out that game could remember anything. I wondered if anyone else, like me, found it hard to believe that Vlad has taken a TOTAL back seat.

My feelings arent hurt - I just get annoyed when people get needlessly abusive on here just because they are on a keyboard and not standing next to me in a bar. Im embarrassed instead of ignoring you I responded to it in kind. Lesson learned.

If your mate had told you that story in the Tynecastle Arms would you have told him to GTF and said he and his mate at work were Hobos?

Anyway - I have heard enough (from other sources on similar stuff over the last few months) to think there could be truth in the story and I dont think Vlad has changed his spots overnight. However, Im encouraged by the changes so far and i hope things continue to improve.

I'm not questioning your integrity BT, but you might want to question your friend's...This is the third time I've heard that story and on every occasion it was a different game and a 'friend of a friend' knew the 4th official...etc etc.

I think it's nothing more than another of those 'Hibs hopes'. :)

I know a lot of Jambos in lots of different workplaces and environments and I keep an eye on kickback so I reckon I have probably heard most of the stories whether true or not - Its the first time Ive heard this one and I thought it plausible so I posted, but point taken.

Sorry to say I doubt I will do so again - its just not worth the hassle. To be honest, the really good stuff I get told I couldnt post anyway!

No, I am just an honest Hearts fan that would hope that if someone disagrees with something I have said they can explain why, in a constructive manner, without resorting to needless statements like "GTF". Simpleton Im not.

Appology for your first post accepted.

I "hoped" rather than expected to kick off some comments on whether anyone else had heard a similar story, could validate or dismiss it with facts. I wondered if anyone sitting behind the dug-out that game could remember anything. I wondered if anyone else, like me, found it hard to believe that Vlad has taken a TOTAL back seat.

My feelings arent hurt - I just get annoyed when people get needlessly abusive on here just because they are on a keyboard and not standing next to me in a bar. Im embarrassed instead of ignoring you I responded to it in kind. Lesson learned.

If your mate had told you that story in the Tynecastle Arms would you have told him to GTF and said he and his mate at work were Hobos?

Anyway - I have heard enough (from other sources on similar stuff over the last few months) to think there could be truth in the story and I dont think Vlad has changed his spots overnight. However, Im encouraged by the changes so far and i hope things continue to improve.

I'm not,we're still managerless,ruderless,clueless and sheit,whats really changed.

I'm not,we're still managerless,ruderless,clueless and sheit,whats really changed.

Change is....

The person who trains them, picks the team, is actually on the bench during the games and makes the substitutions is a former professional footballer who has coaching experience and is in the dugout?

I have heard this story as well and have no reason to disbelieve a very good friend who told me it.

My reasoning for this is that it was the 4th official at the game in question who told him the story.

If there is no truth in it then I believe it was the 4th official telling porkies.

Cardiac Rucksack
Ibby Tall.

I'll take it you werent at Falkirk, he is injured, a torn thigh or hamstring.

gorgie rd eh11

Discuss...

What a load of b******s! I think somebody at the game might have noticed SF on the phone.

No idea what influence VR has on team selection, but i do know whenever we lose a game this board is full of, ma mates wee sisters dugs uncle cr*p, like this.

I might be wrong, but i am sure the wee translator boy who used to be in the dugout is no longer there(in the dugout).

I don't think the subs are allowed mobiles.

I have noticed somebody in Hearts backroom staff on a mobile phone under the Police Control Centre between old and Gorgi stand.Use to laugh that he was on the phone to Vlad.It might be this boy.

Archived