'The Smiths' one of re-union show

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I saw them on their first UK tour in 1984 at the Caley Palais for the grand sum of ?4

I'm betting tickets will be a little more this time.....

The People's Chimp

Andy Rourke could do with it; he's always hanging about salford quays where some of my mates live. They saw him getting out the back of a Y reg corsa.

Johanes de Silentio

Over-rated!

Did you know that your hero, Morrissy, held the band to ransom by refusing to commit his vocal to tape for the band's breakthrough recordings until Joyce & O'Rourke agreed to settle for just wages, while ALL of the royalties went to Marr & Morrissey?

DID you know that?

SHAMEFUL!

A handful of decent tracks over a very long career doesn't add up to much IMO - do enjoy the show, though!

Morrisey is no poet. He is a pretentious whiney to55er in the John Lennon mould. Marrs guitar is good though so that would be worth going for.

I saw them on their first UK tour in 1984 at the Caley Palais for the grand sum of ?4

I was there, great gig, seen Mozza at the Corn Exchange a few years ago, still amazing. For all that it will never happen.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

From NME:

The Smiths are not set to reunite despite reports, NME.COM understands.

Sources close to both members of the band and Coachella have denied that there has been any new move to reunite the group for next year's festival.

A British newspaper had claimed The Smiths were considering burying the hatchet for next year's event.

Morrissey has previously claimed he was offered a near ?40 million for just him and Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr to reunite for the Californian event in 2006.

A new double-CD compilation spanning the band's career, 'The Sound Of The Smiths', is released on November 10.

Morrisey is no poet. He is a pretentious whiney to55er in the John Lennon mould. Marrs guitar is good though so that would be worth going for.

I know loads of folk that don't rate morrissey, but your the first to compere him to john lennon. I'm sure morrissey would take it as a compliment.

Sure it wasnae Outer Limits - was switched to there from the Nite Club after they were on TOTP. Was pish by the way - In my top 3 worst gigs of all time.

After the court case business there is no way Morrissey would work with Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke again...

Yup. Really cant see it. Athough I could see Mozzer and Marr working together again.

Best to leave The Smiths be. Great band that should be left at that.

Chad Sexington
Yup. Really cant see it. Athough I could see Mozzer and Marr working together again.

Usually I'd totally agree with that.

But I'd feckin love to see The Smiths live.

Never going to happen with the original four though.

Correct.

As with many bands,its best to remember them as they were.Let's face it,we still have the music.I haven't seen one "re-union" gig that was anywhere near as good as the original.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Correct.

As with many bands,its best to remember them as they were.Let's face it,we still have the music.I haven't seen one "re-union" gig that was anywhere near as good as the original.

I saw the Pixies at Brixton Academy a few years ago on their reunion tour

They rocked

Archived