Hearts move for Moutinho

Rudolf's Mate

Rudolf's Mate

Sorry if already posted....

Skysports.com understands Hearts have made a beat-the-deadline move for Falkirk striker Pedro Moutinho.

Hearts are keen to bolster their attack before the close of the transfer window and they are hoping to persuade SPL rivals Falkirk to do business for Moutinho.

Moutinho has been a revelation at Falkirk since his arrival on a free transfer from Penamel and his performances have caught the attention of a host of clubs, with a number of scouts making the trip to Scotland to cast an eye.

The former Portugal Under 21 international's current contract expires at the end of the season and he could leave for nothing in the summer.

Falkirk have offered Moutinho a new deal, but the striker is keeping his options open.

Hearts are now trying to land Moutinho for a nominal fee hoping that Falkirk will be prepared to cash-in on him rather than risk losing him for free at the end of the season.

Moutinho is believed to be interested in a move to a bigger club and would jump at the opportunity of a switch to Tynecastle.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rudi must stay
Sorry if already posted....

Skysports.com understands Hearts have made a beat-the-deadline move for Falkirk striker Pedro Moutinho.

Hearts are keen to bolster their attack before the close of the transfer window and they are hoping to persuade SPL rivals Falkirk to do business for Moutinho.

Moutinho has been a revelation at Falkirk since his arrival on a free transfer from Penamel and his performances have caught the attention of a host of clubs, with a number of scouts making the trip to Scotland to cast an eye.

The former Portugal Under 21 international's current contract expires at the end of the season and he could leave for nothing in the summer.

Falkirk have offered Moutinho a new deal, but the striker is keeping his options open.

Hearts are now trying to land Moutinho for a nominal fee hoping that Falkirk will be prepared to cash-in on him rather than risk losing him for free at the end of the season.

Moutinho is believed to be interested in a move to a bigger club and would jump at the opportunity of a switch to Tynecastle.

he's a very good player.. hope this is true.

Dunk-Section G

I remember us singing his name in Robbos the day he equalised against the Wee Team. Quite ironic that we might sign him now.

i think he would be a good signing and wouldnt cost that much money. this is more like it. all we need now is replacement full backs

why the hell leave it so late?? If i doesnt come off-itll be the old line of 'oh we tried but these things take much longer than anticipated' blah- pathetic- more smoke and mirrors-dont buy it.

I have not met 1 Falkirk fan who cares if he leaves.Seemingly rubbish until the last couple of months where he has been average at best.

I think he's a good quality player and we need more attacking options as when u looked at the bench last night the only attacking player we had was driver and he did feck all when he came on,he is also proven at spl level.

Underwhelming really

Celtic get Robson, Rangers get Alexander, The huns alexander, dailly and anyone else they sign, hibs nish and rankin

and we get him and screpsis

Even Jim Hamilton would excite me more

If this is the best we can do, top 6 is not likely

Say What Again

Wonder if Falkirk want to swap him for Clum?

Didn't Hughes try to loan him when he went to motherwell?

Hearts are trying to sign Moutinho from Falkirk - very good player!

You post this in a thread titled "Hearts move for Moutinho" ? :wacko:

Oh well.

Moutinho was a Portuguese under-21 international, and moved to Falkrik from Portuguese Premier Division club Penafiel. He has scored many goals for his club, including a memorable goal against Rangers, which was an equaliser in a thrilling 2-2 draw in 2005. A horrific knee injury kept him out of the second half of Falkirk's First Division championship winning side in 2005.

It has been reported that Moutinho is on his was to Fulham during the 2008 January transfer window.

Guest JamboRobbo

I think he's looked a decent player for Falkirk. He's probably better than some that we have. Is he the quality we're really aiming for though?

Say What Again
You post this in a thread titled "Hearts move for Moutinho" ? :wacko:

Oh well.

He didn't mate. He started a new thread and the Mods have merged it in to this one.

Underwhelming really

Celtic get Robson, Rangers get Alexander, The huns alexander, dailly and anyone else they sign, hibs nish and rankin

and we get him and screpsis

Even Jim Hamilton would excite me more

If this is the best we can do, top 6 is not likely

Aww man, what's wrong with you?

good player a reckon he could be a big hit also if anyone intrested i am sure i have just seen alan gow getting out a car at mcleod street hopefully it is him as he would be a good signing anyone else heard anything

He didn't mate. He started a new thread and the Mods have merged it in to this one.

Right. Thanks.

Rudolf's Mate
good player a reckon he could be a big hit also if anyone intrested i am sure i have just seen alan gow getting out a car at mcleod street hopefully it is him as he would be a good signing anyone else heard anything

If you have seen Gow then you've got the scoop of the season for us! But I doubt it!!!

Moutinho's pish.

Unfortunately Didier, Cristiano and Emmanuel have turned us down so we'll just have to go for "pish".

:P

How would he be a good signing.Another ex Falkirk player who had a lucky 2 month spell before his contract reached the last 6 months.Another player Falkirk fans were not to upset at losing.

Sergio Garcia

Be a huge coup if we get him,one of the best managers in the world!!!! Well done VLAD, although will he get annoyed when we sing "JOSE MOURINHO,JOSE MOURINHO" to his tune

Oh wait have i mistaken a T for an R again..............

hes better than other rubbish we have i.e miko chesney ivaskeviscs andrey stewart list is endless even shove him into rb or lb do a better job

Archived