Bias does exist...fact

h-e-a-r-t-s

For anyone who believes ref's in this country and in Europe are above bias and corruption, take a look at Graham Poll's biography, 'Seeing Red'...

He says that during the last World Cup the ref's actually called a meeting to discuss Peter Crouch and it was agreed that there should be a concerted effort to restrict him in the air. The ref's believed he was prone to committing fouls too often so they decided to single him out and punish him wherever possible.

Now it doesn't seem like too big a stretch to assume that after the Lithu game and 'that dive' by Miko that the refs got together and said "right boys, let's teach that lot a lesson"...given what's been happening lately it would seem very possible.

For anyone who believes ref's in this country and in Europe are above bias and corruption, take a look at Graham Poll's biography, 'Seeing Red'...

He says that during the last World Cup the ref's actually called a meeting to discuss Peter Crouch and it was agreed that there should be a concerted effort to restrict him in the air. The ref's believed he was prone to committing fouls too often so they decided to single him out and punish him wherever possible.

Now it doesn't seem like too big a stretch to assume that after the Lithu game and 'that dive' by Miko that the refs got together and said "right boys, let's teach that lot a lesson"...given what's been happening lately it would seem very possible.

Plus the fact that Hearts have generally gotten up the noses of the SFA as

a whole over the past few years e.g. Levein and Dougie McDonald, Andy Davis, Romanov's quotes, etc. It's human nature to try and get retribution.

a whole over the past few years e.g. Levein and Dougie McDonald, Andy Davis, Romanov's quotes, etc. It's human nature to try and get retribution.

it's also unprofressional, cheating, and possibly illegal?? or have I taken that to far?

collectively and consciously conspiring against one team and acting in favour of all others sounds like a pretty serious violation of 'the rules' anyway.

it's also unprofressional, cheating, and possibly illegal?? or have I taken that to far?

collectively and consciously conspiring against one team and acting in favour of all others sounds like a pretty serious violation of 'the rules' anyway.

Very difficult to prove though.

I dont doubt for a second that at meets with SFA, they have been told to look out for dives from certain players with "reputations". This will stick in the ref's minds and when incidents happen, these players get nowt. The same thing happened with Cristiano Ronaldo came back from the word cup when the Portugal papped England.

Diving, time-wasting, dissent, spitting, stamping, tackes from behind, stealing 5 yards for a free kick... All these things are breaking the rules and "illegal" too... Every team does them.

Officials aren't perfect... but neither are the players who complain about them, or the managers for that matter.

It's a game played and run by humans, so emotion of all types plays a part.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

It's a game played and run by humans, so emotion of all types plays a part.

That argument might have held water 20 odd years ago but theres too much at stake now

Video replays must come soon

Now is the time for serious questions to be asked!!

What are the players union doing to protect their members?

As far as i can see foreign players are being victimised in Scotland ie Miko!

Surely as a union they should be intervening to put a stop to this?

The union may say that they are not members (don't know if they are) but that does not let them off the hook as this is now a matter of health and safety! As witnessed last night and the last few weeks players are beginning to realise that you can do anything to Miko and get away with it simply because he's a Lithuanian who dived in an international match!

Where is it going to end? A broken leg? A tackle that ends his career?

C'mon Wishart and co. get off your backsides and start defending the people you're supposed to represent!!!!!!!

That argument might have held water 20 odd years ago but theres too much at stake now

Video replays must come soon

What more is there at stake now? Did winning the league in the 60's not mean as much as winning it now?

I've had this argument with family and friends before. Personally I'd prefer not to have video replays and other such technology added. Football's a sport, it's turned into too much of a business already and that would just further automate the process and take it further away from its roots.

Most people seem to disagree with me, but hey... :)

bilston angel

Our refs all train together (although I think there is a west / east split) and it would naive to think players and clubs as not discussed at these sessions! I would like to be a fly on the wall at them. Also there are directives from the refs supervisor, there again I would like to hear whats said off the record. Put it this way, it will not be beneficial to HMFC. Are there any refs or ex on this forum that would like to comment on this?

indeed. until another ref retires and sells his story of the day all the ref's met at Ibrox to discuss how to be as bias as possible against anything Hearts without getting caught, then we will just have to put up with it.

it is a joke though and it's not helping our current situation which, well, sucks.

Surely in this circumstance it would be up to the SFA (et al) to demonstarate and show there was no underhand tactics, that they were whiter than white and that all cliams of bias, incompetence etc were unfounded, rather than trying to "get retribution" by being worse!

Shows the whole incompetence of the organisation.

Have heard on good authority from a linesman/4th official that all officials were in a meeting called by the SFA to discuss what they could do about romanov and hearts pre season.

I think the refereeing decisions all season gives us our answer :527:

Have heard on good authority from a linesman/4th official that all officials were in a meeting called by the SFA to discuss what they could do about romanov and hearts pre season.

I think the refereeing decisions all season gives us our answer :527:

IF that is true , it is a staggering comment.:eek:

What was the outcome of the meeeting/discussion ?

IF that is true , it is a staggering comment.:eek:

What was the outcome of the meeeting/discussion ?

Sorry,i was not supplied with the outcome but surely worth some investagitive journalism:p

There have been scientific studies of the EPL and the Bundesliga : the verdict is that refs favour the home teams by a stastitically significant margin.

A study was also done in Itlay which 'proved' that refs are influenced by crowds.

Glasgow refs are a different breed , of course. Especially when officiating at games in Glasgow involving Glasgow teams.

I don't remember that part, what page is it on?

What I do remember is Poll saying it was a disgrace that England needed a foul by Crouch to score against T&T.

I don't remember that part, what page is it on?

What I do remember is Poll saying it was a disgrace that England needed a foul by Crouch to score against T&T.

i read an excerpt from his bio, didn't read the whole book, so i'm not sure what page it was on.

Thunderstruck

Ha! Very good - you got "Peter Crouch" and "Stretch" in the same post. :)

Seriously though, it is blatantly obvious that Hearts are branded "cheats" and "divers" and this works against us. Particularly so after the Scotland v Lithuania match.

It is also clear that a number of Hearts players are tip-toeing about in games in the certain knowledge that one infraction and they will be carded. I would suggest that:

1. Had Michael Stewart squared up to a defender the way that Darcheville did, he would have received a straight red.

2. Had Robbie Neilson "clothes-lined" Bazza, he would have got a straight red.

3. Had Velicka punched the ball out of McGregor's hand, he would have got a yellow.

4. Had Miko kicked the ball away like Novo, he would have got a yellow.

5. Had Nade knocked the ball with his hand down to score, he would have got a yellow.

We have evidence from last Saturday and the Saturday before that Hearts players are more sinned against than sinners - for example Berra vs Miller or Miko vs the entire Aberdeen defence.

It is high time that Gordon Smith was made accountable for those under his control and he should either stamp this out or resign.

Archived