Terrible substitutions

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Last night was a major disappointment; poor refereeing (again!), poor performances, cheap goals and barry ferguson doing a harlem globetrotters impersonation in the box. But for me, the biggest disappointment walking away from Hampden was with the substitutions that were made. At one nil, we were really still in it, as the velicka miss showed, but we shot ourselves in the foot completely with nonsensical substitutions.

Miko, for all of his faults, was one of our better players, was at least running at rangers and was drawing fouls (surely some sort of miracle in itself!). Nade was on the last man, was causing rangers problems and looked like he had the beating of their defence. I thought he should have had a penalty, but mates watching tv painted a mixed picture on that; although it was at least a foul.

They were the only two players cuasing rangers any kind of difficulty and yet they were taken off. Why? It was incredibly frustrating and TBH i felt like walking out when nade was taken off.

Driver has been well off the boil of late and jonsson, who i rate highly, is a defensive player and wasn't really going to cause rangers many problems.

I still felt that we could have had something last night, but those crazy substitutions put paid to that. I like Frail and think he is a good coach, committed to the cause and that there should be a place for him at hearts, but on last night's showing, it surely can't be as the manager.

Last night was a major disappointment; poor refereeing (again!), poor performances, cheap goals and barry ferguson doing a harlem globetrotters impersonation in the box. But for me, the biggest disappointment walking away from Hampden was with the substitutions that were made. At one nil, we were really still in it, as the velicka miss showed, but we shot ourselves in the foot completely with nonsensical substitutions.

Miko, for all of his faults, was one of our better players, was at least running at rangers and was drawing fouls (surely some sort of miracle in itself!). Nade was on the last man, was causing rangers problems and looked like he had the beating of their defence. I thought he should have had a penalty, but mates watching tv painted a mixed picture on that; although it was at least a foul.

They were the only two players cuasing rangers any kind of difficulty and yet they were taken off. Why? It was incredibly frustrating and TBH i felt like walking out when nade was taken off.

Driver has been well off the boil of late and jonsson, who i rate highly, is a defensive player and wasn't really going to cause rangers many problems.

I still felt that we could have had something last night, but those crazy substitutions put paid to that. I like Frail and think he is a good coach, committed to the cause and that there should be a place for him at hearts, but on last night's showing, it surely can't be as the manager.

Agree with all of that - thought Nade and Miko were our best players (never thought I'd say that about Miko) and couldn't believe they went off.

And then to do a straight left-back swap when we need to get forward and attack - was Jose injured?

The People's Chimp
Agree with all of that - thought Nade and Miko were our best players (never thought I'd say that about Miko) and couldn't believe they went off.

And then to do a straight left-back swap when we need to get forward and attack - was Jose injured?

yeah that was bizarre as well. If he was injured, fair enough, but if not then WTF?

Archived