STEVE FRAIL...UNDER19 COACH AND THAT'S IT!

bobskeldon

What happened last night just confirmed why SF is an U19 coach. Totally inept at various levels. Firstly, he obviously thought that playing Eggert Johnsson wide right at Pittodrie worked?it didn?t! We got away with it on Saturday, but the midfield looked totally imbalanced as it did again last night. I like Eggert Johnsson, but he would have been as well watching the game beside me in the South Stand. He has never been, is not at present and will never be a wide right player. Everyone at Pittodrie and Hampden could see this, yet SF thought it was a good idea! If 4-4-2 was SF?s preferred option last night (I might have disagreed given our personnel) then play an orthodox 4-4-2 with two naturally wide players. Although, I think Miko is even less effective on the left as he is on the right I thought SF?s decision to take him off last night beggared belief as Miko posed much more of a threat from the wide areas than Eggert Johnsson and he might have had some success against Papac. The obvious change was to remove either Stewart (my choice) or Johnsson, move Miko to the right and bring on Driver or McCann. Straight 4-4-2 with two attacking wide players. Then he decided to replace Nade and although I am not a Nade fan, he again was providing more threat than Velicka who was having a nightmare, easily his worst game since arriving! Then to cap it all, 0-2 down ten minutes to go and SF realises what every other Hearts supporter realised at 7.50pm when it was 0-0 that Concalves is a ?bombscare? and replaces a left back with a left back. Was it damage limitation with 10 mins to go? Unbelievable! Why did he not go three at the back and throw on McCann? This man is NOT part of the solution, HE is part of the problem. He should go now, let Scott Wilson or the Setanta lassie pick the team for the rest of the season.

SF you are definitely the weakest link amongst an array of weak links, just GO!

Totally agree about the midfield. shocking setup against a team miles better than Aberdeen. Totally unbalanced and 2players clearly out of position. Then to take off Miko who was looking by far our most dangerous midfielder and had just got Whittaker booked was ludicrous. Jonsson should have started in beside Palazeulos as Stewart has done nothing to deserve a first team place and we should have had Miko/chesney on the right and any of Driver/ Wallace or McCann on the left. P*ss poor team selection and subs.

Frankly I'm beginning to wonder if he's good enough for the U19's nevermind the first team especially given we are led to believe that our U19's are the future first team (aye right!).

Bob...I dont know you but if i ever meet you i'll buy you a pint or two:)

I could'nt have put it better myself, i did try to shout more or less the same to him last night but he never heard me;)

Bob...I dont know you but if i ever meet you i'll buy you a pint or two:)

I could'nt have put it better myself, i did try to shout more or less the same to him last night but he never heard me;)

I am sure that there were many, many fans last night who were shouting the same things. It was so obvious, it was embarrassing!

Bob

Good post sir

In a business context, I've often said you don?t have to like someone to realise and appreciate the qualities they have, by the same token you can like people who offer little.

I'd apply this to Hearts at present. SF, good guy, often working in extremely uncomfortable circumstances, but now that he appears to have autonomy about selections and tactics, we see his failings.

We needed two natural wide players last night. When things are not working you expect your manager to change things tactically, but no, SF simply replaced like for like and nothing changed, indeed with the departure of Miko went any wide threat we had.

I think you've summed it up better than I could Bob, I do like SF, but I love Hearts and I want to see a drastic improvement, I doubt I'll see that with SF at the helm.

Bob

Good post sir

In a business context, I've often said you don?t have to like someone to realise and appreciate the qualities they have, by the same token you can like people who offer little.

I'd apply this to Hearts at present. SF, good guy, often working in extremely uncomfortable circumstances, but now that he appears to have autonomy about selections and tactics, we see his failings.

We needed two natural wide players last night. When things are not working you expect your manager to change things tactically, but no, SF simply replaced like for like and nothing changed, indeed with the departure of Miko went any wide threat we had.

I think you've summed it up better than I could Bob, I do like SF, but I love Hearts and I want to see a drastic improvement, I doubt I'll see that with SF at the helm.

The thing is JS, these are mistakes that you wouldn't see at Saughton on a Saturday watching someone 'coaching' a fat-bellies team!

Archived